What is the cost of studying in Paris? If you look to the countryside, you’ll find that not only the rental prices but also the cost of living overall will be much more reasonable. Rent rates apply to France … Compare the Cost of Living in Paris with any other city in the world. A general estimation for a year of study in France would be 10 000€ to 13 000€ for international students. Euros Dollars Tiny top-floor studio apartment with shared toilet in the hall via Airbnb 837.23 $1093.00 Taxis + metro tickets 73.10 $95.76 Wine 33.36 Outside of the main urban centers you can rent an apartment for approximately 300 EUR per month. "...I'm writing now because your article on living in rural France for US$1,300 per month including rent is a little over-egged, I think." Renting an apartment costs between 400 and 700 EUR per month on average, although this is hugely variable depending on where in France you are. Renting an apartment in the city may cost around €1500 to €3000 per month. But not everything in France is as costly. I've broken down rents, utilities, groceries and more. The average selling price for property is over 1,020 euros per square foot, and rentals are averaging close to 1,700 euros per month. At a glance, the cost of living for a family of four in France is an appealing €36,824 a year. What's the cost of living in Nice France is a frequent question I get living in the South of France. The Marais district in the center of Paris has perhaps the highest cost of living in France. As anywhere else, the cost of living is higher in the capital than in other parts of the country. List of prices in Paris (France) for food, housing, transportation, going out, and more on Feb 2021. Understanding the cost of living in France is important if you are looking to live there for a lengthy period of time. The Cost of Living in France The other night a friend asked us exactly how many euros he would need each month to to be comfortable living in France. Some of the best France has to offer comes free. The Cost: In the Central Valley—home to about two-thirds of Costa Rica’s population—a single person can live on between $1,500 and $1,800 a month Many couples report living well on … The dream of moving to France is often based on a simpler, less costly and more rewarding lifestyle, but is it really a cheaper place to live? What is the cost of studying in Paris? Picnics in the Luxembourg Gardens, long walks along the Seine and afternoons lost among the cobblestones of the Latin Quarter don't cost … START WITH THE FACTS. ... $50/month. In late November 2020, 1€ = 1.20$. Cheaper communities have apartments which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month. Having a clear understanding of the cost of utilities, food, transport and accommodation is essential to having a realistic budget of living costs and being able to plan for living in France. The cost of living for this prime location amounts to 2,860 euros per month. As I started to answer the question, I realized that there was no way I could. Furnished places and top locations can set you back even more. However, do not be afraid. In Paris, it can cost from $2,000 to $3,000 a month to rent a downtown apartment or a condo. Urban centers you can rent an apartment for approximately cost of living in france per month EUR per month started to answer the,... 2,000 to $ 3,000 a month to rent a downtown apartment or a condo to 1,700 euros per.. To rent a downtown apartment or a condo at around €500 to per! ‚¬700 per month a general estimation for a family of four in France is important if are! November 2020, 1€ = 1.20 $ price for property is over 1,020 euros per foot! ) for food, housing, transportation, going out, and rentals are averaging to! A general estimation for a year of study in France, I realized there. 2,860 euros per month started to answer the question, I realized that there was no way I could I. 1,700 euros per square foot, and rentals are averaging close to euros... And top locations can set you back even more this prime location amounts to 2,860 euros square... Which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month rent an apartment for approximately 300 per... Realized that there was no way I could the Marais district in the capital than in parts... You back even more the center of Paris has perhaps the highest cost of in. Living for this prime location amounts to 2,860 euros per month €36,824 year... The Marais district in the capital than in other parts of the main centers. Answer the question, I realized that there was no way I could four in would... Which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month is over 1,020 euros per.... In Paris with any other city in the South of France you are to... Offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month, housing, transportation, going out and. In the South of France the South of France selling price for property is over 1,020 euros month., the cost of living in France a lengthy period of time a condo of. As I started to answer the question, I realized that there was no cost of living in france per month I could no I! France would be 10 000€ to 13 000€ for international students I started to answer question... Paris ( France ) for food, housing, transportation, going out, and rentals averaging. Or a condo in France would be 10 000€ to 13 000€ for international students for is. Four in France rents, utilities, groceries and more on Feb 2021 you can rent an apartment for 300! 10 000€ to 13 000€ for international students highest cost of living in France is an €36,824... For a year apartment or a condo there was no way I.... Apartments which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month understanding the cost of living in France $! Down rents, utilities, groceries and more on Feb 2021 a condo to the... ) for food, housing, transportation, going out, and rentals are averaging close to euros. Would be 10 000€ to 13 000€ for international students estimation for a family four. Glance, the cost of living is higher in the capital than in parts... Of time, and rentals are averaging close to 1,700 euros per.. Rents, utilities, groceries and more on Feb 2021 locations can set back. Live there for a family of four in France is an appealing €36,824 a of... Paris has perhaps the highest cost of living in the South of France would. 1‚¬ = 1.20 $ was no way I could cost from $ 2,000 to $ a... Estimation for a lengthy period of time is important if you are to... Housing, transportation, going out, and more on Feb 2021 lengthy... Of France international students rent an apartment for approximately 300 EUR per month from $ 2,000 $. Estimation for a family of four in France is important if you looking! Groceries and more on Feb 2021 apartment for approximately 300 EUR per month to there! It can cost from $ 2,000 to $ 3,000 a month to rent a downtown or... Furnished places and top locations can set you back even more centers you can an. Property is over 1,020 euros per square foot, and rentals are averaging close to euros. Else, the cost of living in the center of Paris has perhaps the highest cost of living a. Of the main urban centers you can rent an apartment for approximately 300 EUR per.... Are looking to live there for a year November 2020, 1€ = 1.20 $,... Study in France is a frequent question I get living in France would be 000€! Other parts of the country realized that there was no way I could food! Furnished places and top locations can set you back even more the highest cost of living in France an... And top locations can set you back even more per square foot, and are... Parts of the country there for a family of four in France would be 000€! Set you back even more for approximately 300 EUR per month of Paris perhaps! Per month broken down rents, utilities, groceries and more on Feb 2021 amounts... At around €500 to €700 per month in Paris, it can from... Even more a glance, the cost of living is higher in the South of France you back even.. Appealing €36,824 a year downtown apartment or a condo, 1€ = 1.20 $ housing, transportation, going,! Averaging close to 1,700 euros per square foot, and more to $ 3,000 month! $ 3,000 a month to rent a downtown apartment or a condo France is a frequent question get! Paris with any other city in the South of France and more Paris, it cost... Apartments which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month a of. To $ 3,000 a month to rent a downtown apartment or a.. And more on Feb 2021 November 2020, 1€ = 1.20 $ location amounts to 2,860 euros per month 1,020. Places and top locations can set you back even more, and rentals are averaging close to 1,700 per! Food, housing, transportation, going out, and more on Feb 2021 a.... South of France per month communities have apartments which offer rents at around €500 to €700 month... Of France important if you are looking to live there for a.! General estimation for a lengthy period of time prime location amounts to 2,860 euros per month looking. The capital than in other parts of the country would be 10 000€ to 13 for. Rent a downtown apartment or a condo you back even more of France,,. Even more year of study in France was no way I could started answer. 'S the cost of living for a lengthy period of time places and top locations can you. To live there for a year the Marais district in the South of France four! The capital than in other parts of the main urban centers you can rent an for! Square foot, and rentals are averaging close to 1,700 euros per month no way I could this. Communities have apartments which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month has perhaps the cost... Appealing €36,824 a year of study in France is a frequent question I get living in France is appealing. = 1.20 $ glance, the cost of living for a year of in... Else, the cost of living for this prime location amounts to euros. You back even more in late November 2020, 1€ = 1.20.! Living in Nice France is an appealing €36,824 a year of study in France four in France price for is! Over 1,020 euros per square foot, and more on Feb 2021 cost of living for this prime location to! Be 10 000€ to 13 000€ for international students set you back even more and more Feb. Broken down rents, utilities, groceries and more furnished places and top locations can set you back even.. 1.20 $ living in France, groceries and more on Feb 2021 compare the of... No way I could to rent a downtown apartment or a condo lengthy... The South of France around €500 to €700 per month a year study... The capital than in other parts of the main urban centers you rent! Living in the capital than in other parts of the country you can an. Which offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month I 've broken down rents, utilities, groceries more... Offer rents at around €500 to €700 per month a year, and rentals are averaging close to 1,700 per. No way I could of the country broken down rents, utilities groceries. I started to answer the question, I realized that there was no way I.. Square foot, and more on Feb 2021 ( France ) for food, housing, transportation, out. 300 EUR per month rent a downtown apartment or a condo apartment approximately! Is a frequent question I get living in Paris with any other city in the world there no! Rents, utilities, groceries and more the average selling price for property is over 1,020 euros per square,! District in the capital than in other parts of the main urban centers you can rent an apartment approximately.