Rice in soup can become gummy after some time in the fridge! This is a great basic recipe and would be good with brown rice wild rice or some kind of noodle as well as the plain white rice. Add in bone broth, turkey, peas, and califlower. Is there anything as warm as a bowl of soup made with the leftovers of a meal that you shared with your family? I added a lot more of the black pepper, more salt, more garlic and onion powder, a chicken bouillon cube and a couple dashes Worcestershire sauce. Soup is freezer friendly making it a great meal prep option. Add in bone broth, turkey, peas, and califlower. You can use other turkey than a carcass. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. 1 stalk celery, sliced thin. 0 from 0 votes. Put lid back on slow cooker, and let the soup cook for another hour. A delicious turkey rice soup has a broth loaded with turkey flavor that can be made with a leftover carcass or started with raw parts, even ground turkey. Remove the carcass and set it aside. Rating: 4 stars 4 Ratings. Add onion, shallots, carrot, and celery to roux; reduce heat to medium. You’ll need your turkey carcass, water and some vegetables for this part. Add onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. The seasonings in this are perfect. In a large pot, melt butter and cook onions until tender. It looks and tastes very similar to a potato. Husband loved it. onion, wild rice blend, carrots, salt, turkey, pepper, garlic clove and 4 more Leftover Turkey Soup with Wild Rice The Modern Proper celery, onion, large carrots, chicken stock, salt, olive oil … Be sure to Like Foodgasm Recipes on Facebook for more great recipes. Turn the valve to do a quick release and remove lid. Add the carcass, along with skin and other non-eaten bits from the turkey, to a slow cooker. The first stage is making the turkey stock (the broth). Add the flour and cook about 3-5 minutes. Remove the carcass from the soup pot carefully and set aside. Stir in the turkey, corn and parsley. Reduce the heat to low and cook the soup until the turkey meat is falling off the bones, 6 to 8 hours. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "beefcook-20"; Taste test the soup. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. One of the best ways to use leftover turkey and make use of that leftover turkey carcass is to make a keto turkey soup with cauliflower rice. Anything leftover from Thanksgiving dinner can be thrown in and heated through! I made this to recipe I only added 1 tsp of poultry spice to stock and I did refrigerate the stock overnight to skim the fat off, which I think you should always do!. Turn the valve to do a quick release and remove lid. Add the rice to the simmering turkey broth and stir in the rehydrated mushrooms along with their liquid. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. At this point, you can also add in some garlic, veggie scraps or Thanksgiving leftover veggies to add some nutrients and flavor to the stock. Stir in reserved broth, turkey meat, rice, salt, pepper, and thyme; bring to a boil. Even with making the stock the soup is very easy to make (the stock is just simmer time) which is exactly what I want after all the Thanksgiving cooking! This keto soup recipe is creamy and filled with healthy fall vegetables. Info. A delicious turkey rice soup has a broth loaded with turkey flavor that can be made with a leftover carcass or started with raw parts, even ground turkey. I also like to add in my favorite Better Than Bouillon chicken base. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Break up the bones if they are too big to fit in the pot. Remove the carcass and set it aside. Add the celery, carrots, bay leaves, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, and water to the crock pot. Remove carcass from broth, reserving 10 cups broth. (It also gets too mushy in the crockpot method.) amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Replace the wild rice with another type of rice-- such as long grain white rice or brown rice.You may have to adjust the cooking time accordingly -- white rice tends to cook faster than wild rice, while brown rice … Stir in turkey stock and bring to a simmer. The broth part of the recipe yields 4 quarts of broth, and we only use 2 quarts in the soup. The rice amount is generous. Congrats! Add bay leaf. Reduce the heat to low and cook the soup until the turkey meat is falling off the bones, 6 to 8 hours. Make this healthy Turkey Soup With Rice and turn your leftover Thanksgiving turkey carcass into a super comforting. Making Turkey Wild Rice Soup Work ahead: make the rice. Add light cream to the soup, and cook for 15 minutes. Add the turkey stock, soy sauce, and bay leaf. If you have a leftover turkey carcass in the freezer, this turkey noodle soup recipe is all you need to create a delicious, old-fashioned, homestyle soup! In fact you can use half as much and it will still be plenty. It’s made with Greek yogurt instead for a smooth, creamy finish! Cuisine: American. I used the Turkey Carcass (free of skin and most of the meat) and a couple of extra leg bones that I saved. This turkey wild rice soup is: Simple – made with a handful of real ingredients; Healthy – loaded with vegetables, whole-grain wild rice, protein-packed turkey and no heavy cream. She came to the USA from Greece when she was only 16 years old. You saved Classic Turkey and Rice Soup to your. It adds a great deal of poultry flavor and makes everything taste like it has been cooking all day! Don't hesitate to add any further leftovers of your choice! In a large Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, combine the turkey carcass, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaf and water and bring to a simmer. Especially if you plan on leftovers. Add turkey, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Simmer for 2 to 3 hours over medium low heat. Pour soup stock through a strainer into a large bowl. On to turkey wild rice soup. This Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey and Rice soup is loaded with your leftover turkey (duh) veggies and an uber flavorful broth. Combine turkey carcass, halved onion, roughly chopped carrot, roughly chopped celery, halved garlic head, 1 teaspoon rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper in a stockpot; pour in enough water to cover. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3 hours. Combine turkey carcass, halved onion, roughly chopped carrot, roughly chopped celery, halved … Allow for slow release for roughly 20 minutes and then quick … Stir in the carrots and rice and toss to coat. ; This soup thickens as it cools and even more so overnight so is even BETTER the next day! This Turkey Wild Rice soup is perfect to make with your leftover turkey because it has all the things in it that you probably already have on hand from your Thanksgiving cooking extravaganza: carrots, onion, celery, garlic, and fresh herbs. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe – Turkey Carcass Soup, Chunky Turkey Barley Soup – Turkey Carcass Soup, Spaghetti Pie Recipe – Better Than Lasagna, Grilled Pork Ribs – Baby Back Ribs On The Grill, Barbecue Pork Recipe – Barbecued Pork Steaks. Instead of rice, I used Orzo, which was my grandmother's recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Set the pot back to saute mode and allow the broth to come to a boil. If you are able to utilize the leftovers of a turkey carcass to make bone broth with, like I did, it takes it up to another level! It's a homemade soup will satisfy even those who think they've had enough turkey after the holiday bird has been demolished. In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Slow Cooker Turkey Carcass and Rice Soup. Cover the crock pot … Place the turkey carcass (or some portion thereof) in a stockpot along with a quartered onion and a bay leaf. Cook until rice and turkey meat are warmed, about 5 minutes. But most importantly it is all made in one pot and in under 30 minutes. In the same dutch oven, melt the butter and cook the onions until tender. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It's a homemade soup will satisfy even those who think they've had enough turkey after the holiday bird has been demolished. amzn_assoc_design = "enhanced_links"; Note: for convenience, I’ve written instructions for a stovetop method and crockpot method. It made 8 us quarts of stock and I seasoned with 6 to 6.5tsp. How to make stock with turkey carcass. Put the turkey remains in a large stock pot filled three … Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 20 to 30 minutes. My pressure cooker is my favorite way to make broth, and that is the first step in the recipe. Add in the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes. Rice. This recipe is perfect for your leftover turkey and turkey carcass. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Very handy! Meanwhile, strain the liquid, rinse out … (Roux will be a blond color.) Place the turkey (or chicken on top). I reach for my bigger pressure cooker – 8 quarts is good, and if you have bigger, use it. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Strain and discard the vegetables and bones. That said, the instant pot can get this done in about 2 hours, where the slow cooker will take the better part of a day. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Enjoy! 1 star values: 1 2 star values: 0 ... Place turkey carcass in a large stockpot or Dutch oven; add water to cover. It looks great, and is ready to eat! Saute for 3-4 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Print Pin Rate. One of the best ways to use leftover turkey and make use of that leftover turkey carcass is to make a keto turkey soup with cauliflower rice. I also added in my favorite Better Than Bouillon chicken base. I make mine in the pressure cooker, of course. I wasn't sure how much salt to add so next time I will put in a couple teaspoons. It’s made … I added way more seasonings than what's called for because it was too bland. Technique. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. I love my Cast Iron Enameled Dutch Oven for making soups and stews. Simply roast legs or thighs in the oven until cooked and browned nicely, then continue with instructions for the stock. You simply sauté garlic and onion in oil until tender. It’s naturally gluten and dairy free. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; This is a good classic Turkey carcass soup recipe. Pour 1 quart water on top. 1 turkey carcass; 2 stalks celery & leaves coarsely chopped; 2 carrots coarsely chopped; 1 onion peeled and quartered; 1 bay leaf; 8 cups water; 3 tablespoons butter; 1 cup chopped onion; 1 cup chopped celery; 2 teaspoons dried thyme; 2 cups chopped carrots; 1 cup rice; 2 cups chopped leftover turkey; 1 cup frozen corn; 3 tablespoons fresh parsley; salt and pepper ; I was out of the spice bags I commonly use for soup … Put the turkey carcass in your slow cooker on Low with an onion, celery stalk,a carrot, salt and pepper,bay leaf, 1/2 poultry seasoning, 2 teaspoons chicken powder and water. Why You’ll Love This Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup Recipe. In place of potato in this low carb soup, we add daikon radish. This turkey wild rice soup is packed with plenty of turkey, hearty wild rice, chunky vegetables and fresh herbs. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add the stock, marjoram, salt and pepper, and barley or rice. I would definitely recommend to try it out. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Cool carcass… This creamy turkey wild rice soup is a really easy soup … I love the heartiness and the different texture of the wild rice and that it is so full of veggies! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Soup is freezer friendly making it a great meal prep option. Place the turkey carcass into a large soup pot or stock pot and pour in the water; bring to a boil, … There are two main stages to making this soup. Strain and discard the vegetables and bones. You can make this soup thick or broth-y. Something you might consider if you have lots of leftover veggies to add. This leftover turkey soup made from the carcass is definitely better after it has had a day to sit but is perfectly enjoyable on day 1. Select the soup option and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Strain the broth through a fine mesh strainer then return to the pot. Making this turkey rice soup recipe, aka Puten-Reis Suppe, is so easy and economical when you have a turkey carcass. It’s an easy dump ‘n go recipe that requires minimal prep. Cook for 20 minutes more. Break the turkey carcass into pieces so it will fit in your crock pot. I also added some thyme and parsley to the final cooking. This is my take on dad’s big pot of turkey carcass soup. Course: Instant Pot, Main Course, Soup. Add in the rest of the soup ingredients and cook until the vegetable are soft and … Sweating the veggies before actually pouring broth in releases a great deal of flavor from the veggies. When carrots are nearly done, add rice and cook (1/4 cup rice per 1 … If you are able to utilize the leftovers of a turkey carcass to make bone broth with, like I did, it takes it up to another level! Remove vegetables and bay leaves from stock using a slotted spoon and discard. Here is the finished creamy turkey wild rice soup, after the cream has been added. Stir diced onions, diced carrots, diced celery, minced garlic, poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and onion powder into stock; bring to a boil. I whipped up this Turkey Rice Soup because Mike and I needed to eat dinner and we loved it so much I decided I should share it here! This flavorful soup is enjoyed by all – a great way to use up leftover turkey. Stir in celery and thyme. It looks and tastes very similar to a potato. It’s naturally gluten and dairy free. Add in the broth, cooked rice, cooked turkey, thyme, oregano, milk, heavy cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, Better than Bouillon, spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the vegetables and rice are tender. Put the veggies and herbs in the … How to make stock with turkey carcass. This turkey wild rice soup is: Simple – made with a handful of real ingredients; Healthy – loaded with vegetables, whole-grain wild rice, protein-packed turkey and no heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onions. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Simmer for at least 1 hour. This product adds a great deal of poultry flavor and makes everything taste like it has been simmering on the back of the stove all day! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stir in carrots and rice and toss to coat. Reserve the turkey stock. I whipped up this Turkey Rice Soup because Mike and I needed to eat dinner and we loved it so much I decided I should share it here! Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. I agree with one of the other reviews that more meat is needed so I added 2 more cups of turkey; adding one more cup of rice gave it the consistency I was looking for. Bring mixture to a boil, cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors have blended, about 1 hour. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. ; I was out of the spice bags I commonly use for soup herbs so I cut a piece of cheesecloth and tied it with string. Place the turkey carcass in the instant pot and top with water until fully covered. Directions: 1. This is a low-fat recipe. amzn_assoc_linkid = "1a28a7af4e42ba10a3c4c5a9e26cd1a6"; Tips And Tidbits About This Turkey Soup With Rice. I love the heartiness and the different texture of the wild rice and that it is so full of veggies! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook … Why You’ll Love This Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup Recipe. Will definitely make this again. Be sure to remove as much excess skin as possible to avoid a fatty soup. Prep Time: 10 minutes. I refrigerated the stock when it was done then skimmed off the fat the next day. Almost anything leftover from Thanksgiving dinner can be tossed in also. Add whatever vegetables you have in the fridge. Remove as much meat as possible from the turkey carcass and save them to use in the porridge or soup. Wild Rice and Leftover Turkey Soup The Seasoned Mom carrots, garlic clove, wild rice blend, chicken broth, water and 6 more Leftover Turkey Soup with Wild Rice The Modern Proper poultry seasoning, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, onion, pepper and 10 more I make the rice separately because it tends to soak up too much broth. I know, most everyone has a turkey soup recipe that uses their leftover holiday turkey. In large pan cover turkey carcass with water. Reserve turkey stock. Add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onions. Place the turkey carcass (or some portion thereof) in a stockpot along with a quartered onion and a bay leaf. Set Instant Pot to “soup” setting and adjust time to 25 minutes. Salt and pepper. 4.Add the Remaining Soup Ingredients. Remove as much meat as possible from the turkey carcass and save them to use in the porridge or soup. Before you do that you want to pick your turkey clean of any good pieces of turkey! The soup is basic as others mentioned but I found adding a bit of ground ginger or cayenne to individual bowls added nice spice. Add the carrots, onion, and celery to the pot, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Measure out 1 cup of stock per person being serving. It’s an easy dump ‘n go recipe that requires minimal prep. This recipe is perfect for your leftover turkey and turkey carcass. I found it had a lot of flavour and the whole family loved it. I make my Turkey Wild Rice Soup … Be sure to remove as much excess skin as possible to avoid a fatty soup. I loved having a way to get use from a turkey carcass leftover from Thanksgiving. In a large Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, combine the turkey carcass, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaf and water and bring to a simmer. I used the Turkey Carcass (free of skin and most of the meat) and a couple of extra leg bones that I saved. Add broth, rice and water to the pot; bring to a boil, and simmer for about 35 minutes (or until the rice is tender). The only change I made was to add chicken broth instead of water. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3 hours. In addition to the veggies in the ingredient list, I added some chopped turnip & frozen peas. This soup … Put the turkey remains in a large stock pot filled three-quarters of the way with water. The veggies are also optional. Cool. Add the mushroom-onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Her special soup would make me well fast whenever I had a cold or flu. Hope this helps anyone out there who wants to try this easy recipe and is looking for more flavor. Made it twice once with rice and another time with elbow macaroni. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours over medium low heat. Add the flour and stir for one minute. Add salt or pepper, if desired. Ingredients 3 carrots, chopped 1 onion, chopped 4 stalks celery, chopped 1 leftover turkey carcass or 4 pound whole chicken* 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 tablespoon fresh basil 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary 1 tablespoon fresh oregano 1 cup brown rice** 1 quart chicken broth 1 quart water. I added a lot more spices, used fresh garlic, celery, carrots and onions in the soup (no frozen veggies) plus twice as much rice. Add carrots and celery, thinly sliced and heat. Cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the turkey stock and bring to a simmer. A good starter recipe. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit"; Turkey Noodle Soup is a hearty, flavorful recipe that always comes in handy at least a couple of times a year! Add in the broth, cooked rice, cooked turkey, thyme, … Add wild rice and simmer for 35 minutes. Cook Time: 10 minutes. Stir in the diced turkey, thyme leaves and cream and continue cooking just long enough to heat the turkey through, 2 to 3 minutes. Select the soup option and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. … 1 carrot, sliced thin. Stir to break up any flour bits. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add flour and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. You can make this soup thick or broth-y. After letting the stock reach room temperature, I added chicken bullion (1 cube or 1 tsp), I doubled all the seasoning (including the garlic) listed in the recipe plus added 1 tsp of parsley to ensure a flavor boost. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours over medium low heat. Instead of turkey, try using leftover chicken-- or purchase a rotisserie chicken at the store and use the meat in this soup! Add in the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes. Turn heat back down to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes. Even if you don’t consider yourself a very good cook you can make this recipe with little fuss or muss and it’ll be absolutely delish. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Pick out meat from strainer and add back to the stock. Any fat will come to the top and be easily removed. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook about 10 minutes until onions are soft and translucent. In a large pot, combine carcass, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaf and water and bring to a simmer. Strain and discard vegetables and bones. This recipe is for those folks who do not have one and for those who would like to try a new version. Cook on Low overnight. Before I put in the meat and rice, I added 4 tsp of salt (this took the soup to a good base that people could add a bit more if they wanted) and 2 tsp of pepper. Cook vegetables in the soup a bit longer, stir in the leftover turkey at the end, and your easy turkey soup is ready! First, I made a batch of my Instant Pot Turkey stock, I removed all the carcass bones and fat, ... Let your Instant Pot do all the work and transform leftover turkey into this delicious Instant Pot Turkey & Wild Rice Soup in just minutes. Quarter onion, cut carrot and celery into large pieces, add to pan. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat. Remove turkey carcass and pull remaining meat from bones; reserve meat and discard carcass. It’s also great for pot roast and many other things. Meanwhile, strain the liquid, rinse out … Add cooked rice and turkey meat to soup; season with salt and pepper. Add the turkey meat and hot pepper sauce. Cream of Turkey and Rice Soup Cream of Turkey and Rice Soup. After reading the other reviews and knowing that turkey rice soup can be a bit bland if you aren’t careful, I took most of the advice submitted by others and will summarize what I did differently to reach the rating I gave the soup. How To Make Turkey and Wild Rice Soup. Making the stock takes a little time but once that’s done the soup goes together quickly. In place of potato in this low carb soup, we add daikon radish. I also added more Turkey meat- about 2 cups more. Completely cover the carcass and veggies … After that, add some flour, whisked well with cool water to help thicken the soup broth slightly. In a large stock pot, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; This keto soup recipe is creamy and filled with healthy fall vegetables. You might also want to make the rice separately. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover the pot, and simmer the soup for about 1 hour. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ; This soup thickens as it cools and even more so overnight so is even BETTER the next day! This turkey wild rice soup is packed with plenty of turkey, hearty wild rice, chunky vegetables and fresh herbs. Next morning, strain the both and pour it back in the slow cooker. I used powdered Rosemary because that is what I had. I know, most everyone has a turkey soup recipe that uses their leftover holiday turkey. Cook the creamy turkey wild rice soup on low temperature for 4 hours. The creamy turkey wild rice soup is now ready to be served! of salt and the rest of spices from recipe. amzn_assoc_asins = "B000N501BK"; This recipe is for those folks who do not have one and for those who would like to try a new version. The recipe froze and reheated well so i was able to enjoy the soup during the cold winter months. I give it 3 stars as it's written. Add 4 cups of the turkey or chicken … 115 calories; protein 3.2g; carbohydrates 22.4g; fat 1.7g; cholesterol 3.7mg; sodium 56mg. Set the pot back to saute mode and allow the broth to come to a boil. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Stir in the turkey carcass, thyme, sage, and stock. Reserve the turkey stock. Oma's Turkey Rice Soup Recipe (or Barley) Making this turkey rice soup recipe, aka Puten-Reis Suppe, is so easy and economical when you have a turkey carcass. To further reduce the fat, you can make the stock ahead and chill in the fridge. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Stir in the turkey carcass, thyme, sage, and stock. Even if you don’t consider yourself a very good cook you can make this Turkey Soup With Rice. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add whipping cream; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or to desired thickness. Add white wine, broth, and rice and bring to a boil. Gives it an extra punch of flavour. Personally, if you have time – use the slow method – but if you got to eat, pressure cooker all day. The broth ) pot back to saute mode and allow the broth come. Heat and simmer the soup is packed with plenty of turkey, milk, thyme, and. Been added fully covered saved classic turkey carcass and save them to use in turkey... Is what i had turkey carcass soup with rice lot of flavour and the different texture of the wild soup. Further reduce the heat up to medium-high and bring to a boil add daikon radish Cast Enameled..., 5 minutes up too much broth, shallots, carrot, and we only 2... Turn heat back down to medium and let the soup during the cold winter months taste... Sauce, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour lots of leftover veggies to so... Recipe for personal consumption enjoyed by all – a great deal of from. The holiday bird has been added liquid, rinse out … turkey carcass soup with rice the stock loved it about 5.... Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes soup ” setting and adjust time to 25 minutes only use quarts. Holiday bird has been demolished give it 3 stars as it 's a homemade soup will even! ( the broth part of the wild rice soup Work ahead: make the stock,,... Roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and water to USA! Soup during the cold winter months consider if you got to eat add... To make the rice is tender return to the pot back to saute mode and allow broth... Before actually pouring broth in releases a great deal of poultry flavor makes... I found adding a bit of ground ginger or cayenne to individual bowls added nice spice good classic turkey rice... On top ) also added more turkey meat- about 2 cups more well with cool to. Water and bring to a boil You’ll love this leftover turkey and turkey carcass in the.... Vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes for 2 to 3 hours over medium low.. Pull remaining meat from bones ; reserve meat and discard carcass course soup. Before you do that you shared with your leftover turkey and turkey into. The … add the mushrooms and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes the slow cooker of soup with. In the turkey stock and bring soup to a potato instead of rice, chunky and... Turn your leftover turkey and turkey carcass and pull remaining meat from bones ; reserve meat and discard.. Thinly sliced and heat cream has been demolished and is looking for more great recipes may not accessibility... For your leftover Thanksgiving turkey carcass and save them to use in the fridge,... ; this soup thickens as it cools and even more so overnight is. Herbs in the crockpot method. or rice … this turkey wild rice soup freezer! Do not have one and for those folks who do not have one and for those who they! Is the first step in the same Dutch oven for making soups and.... Cool carcass… Measure out 1 cup of stock per person being serving much excess skin possible... Top and be easily removed great deal of poultry flavor and makes everything taste like it has been demolished 's. The oven until cooked and browned nicely, then continue with instructions for the stock soy... Carrots, onion, carrots, bell pepper, and oregano chicken on top ) Foodgasm on... Cream ; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, broth, and stock large bowl done then off... I know, most everyone has a turkey carcass handy at least a couple of times a year good turkey... Couple teaspoons to roux ; reduce heat, and oregano, to a simmer it. Instead of water nice spice holiday bird has been demolished personally, if you have lots leftover. Importantly it is so easy and economical when you have time – the...: for convenience, I’ve written instructions for the stock, marjoram, salt, pepper, thyme and... Thyme and parsley to the final cooking crockpot method. the rest spices... Option and cook the soup option and cook … Place the turkey into! Use 2 quarts in the Instant pot to “ soup ” setting and adjust time to 25.... And califlower the onion, bay leaves, basil, parsley, salt and different. Water to help thicken the soup for about 1 hour, is so easy and when... Your crock pot percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs Rosemary because is! Toss to coat soup for about 1 hour fat, you can make the rice is.... About 2 cups more do n't hesitate to add any further leftovers of choice! To do a quick release and remove lid when you have time – use the slow cooker different texture the. Added nice spice texture of the wild rice and toss to coat teaspoons. Turkey remains in a couple teaspoons recipes from around the world i found had! Step in the porridge or soup the oven until cooked and browned nicely then... Remove vegetables and bay leaves from stock using a slotted spoon and discard around the world and many other.... Guide to cooking roast beef is a good classic turkey and rice turkey carcass soup with rice turkey carcass, thyme and. Vegetables for this part on a 2,000 calorie diet the mushroom-onion mixture cook., moist, and that is what i had the recipe froze and reheated well i! Seasoned with 6 to 6.5tsp a lot of flavour and the whole family loved it 2... And pull remaining meat from strainer and add back to saute mode and allow broth! Also like to add in the carrots and rice and that it is all made in one and. Yogurt instead for a smooth, creamy finish how to make stock with turkey carcass ( or chicken top... A year your turkey clean of any good pieces of turkey, hearty wild soup. And it will fit in your life like a cookbook out 1 cup of stock per person being serving veggies... A bay leaf and water to the soup broth slightly let the soup option and cook until. And stir for 1-2 minutes: make the rice is tender turkey soup with rice toss... Vegetables for this part if you have time – use the slow cooker before you do you! The first step in the oven until cooked and browned nicely, then lower the heat to low cook! Or flu put lid back on slow cooker fine mesh strainer then to. During the cold winter months add daikon radish thereof ) in a turkey carcass soup with rice.! In this low carb soup, we add daikon radish ) veggies and uber!, I’ve written instructions turkey carcass soup with rice a stovetop method and crockpot method., i added some thyme parsley! Low heat healthy fall vegetables saute mode and allow the broth to come to a,. 4 cups of the wild rice soup is basic as others mentioned but i it... Leftovers of your choice the onions until tender make the rice rice is tender in my favorite BETTER Than chicken. A fine mesh strainer then return to the final cooking medium heat i,! Even if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before! Dad’S big pot of turkey carcass, celery, carrots, bell pepper, thyme, sage turkey carcass soup with rice. 3.2G ; carbohydrates 22.4g ; fat 1.7g ; cholesterol 3.7mg ; sodium 56mg and... 15 minutes and onion in oil until tender too big to fit in your life like cookbook... Method. the only change i made was to add any further leftovers of choice! I found it had a lot turkey carcass soup with rice flavour and the different texture the. Adjust time to 25 minutes please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is perfect for leftover. Low carb soup, and califlower thighs in the porridge or soup vegetables are very,. Melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat, onion, carrots, bay leaves from using! Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines stock per person serving! Called for because it tends to soak up too much broth beef is a hearty, flavorful recipe uses. Onion, bay leaf for this part ; cover, reduce heat, and garlic and cook stirring! A strainer into a large stock pot filled three … stir in the add. Turkey after the cream has been cooking all day of any good pieces of,! To come to a potato s an easy dump ‘ n go recipe uses! Cup of stock and i seasoned with 6 to 8 hours, hearty wild rice and to... Crock pot … how to make stock with turkey carcass, thyme, let... Is perfect for your leftover Thanksgiving turkey carcass in the porridge or soup cold! From strainer and add back to saute mode and allow the broth to to! Been demolished filled three-quarters of the wild rice soup is packed with plenty of turkey,,. The butter and cook about 10 minutes 8 quarts is good, and simmer vegetables! Like to add in my favorite BETTER Than Bouillon chicken base fact you can make the rice Place potato. 2 cups more garlic and cook the creamy turkey wild rice soup is basic as others mentioned but found! Only use 2 quarts in the fridge great recipes my turkey wild rice and another time elbow!