earlier. Couple of questions before I dive in deep into the execution: Allow the mixture to cool. hiiii ..i prepared Chicken cutlet…My first experience..size was little big.. Yep, you can add gram masala in the beginning, if you like it that way :), Hello maria……. Beef Croquettes — Kerala Style Beef Cutlets Ramadan began ten days ago, and with it a wonderful sense of beauty and excitement, and so much to look forward to. Do you first boil the chicken and then mince it. 1. Thanks Minju :) Good to know that you liked the cutlets. Btw I love your blog and have tried out several recipes, thank you! I was all set to post a chammanthi recipe, like I promised here. I tried ur recipe many times . Thanks for letting me know about it. Thanks for your encouraging words. I coat it with eggs and bread crumbs and then freeze it. thanks for bringing back the memories.I liked ur site a lot.Way to go. Thanks for visiting my blog. I tried out this recipe .. I had tried them earlier as aplain snack also.My family members enjoyed it thoroughly. We make something similar to this recipe but usually with less spices than in yours. For the aged, cutlet is a relief and they can chew well, especially if the beef is not tender. Find only the best cooking recipes, hand selected by Maria. From that you can figure out the consistency that is required. my kids love ur recipes heeeeeeeeeeeee. Every recipe had come out well. See more ideas about tasty videos, cooking recipes, yummy food. Tried your recipe and worked out well. Allow the mixture to cool. After around 10-15 mins of cooking, take a small piece of chicken & try slicing it. Hope you will try out the recipe and like it too :) Will pass on your compliments to hubby dear too :), Btw, will refer you in future for any hindi doubts :). hi maria,  Thanks a lot for giving such a crisp explanation – me and my husband are now confirmed fans of your recipes :D. We tried your recipe and it came out very well. Dip each cutlet in egg white & roll with bread crumbs. so happy……..thank you so much Maria. That’s my best guess. thank you so much…. I think you will get around 12-15 cutlets, depending on the size. Hi Maria You are welcome! becoming hard core fan of ur blog………. You can use a cookie cutter and shape the cutlets or you can use a spoon. Thanks dear :) Instead of dipping the cutlets in egg, you can make a medium thick batter with palin flour (maida) and water. Hey Maria, I have tried making cutlets but it’s not perfectly shaped and tend to break..Kindly suggest as to how we can prepare for perfect shaped cutlets?? I am also an exteresian…….went bak to those good old days of bunking classes and going to punjiri (josettan)…….and before i forget……tried the cutlet recipe and was a success….. :), Great to know that you are also a Teresian, nice to meet you here :) Yeah those were the good old days…. Thank you! Asian school in Bahrain is theirs. Please don’t steal the photos. If you mince the beef in mixie or food processor, I dont think you will get the thready consistency. hi maria Great to know that the cutlets came out well for you :) Thank you so much for trying the recipes and also for the comment. Cook the potatoes, peel the skin, mash them and keep it aside. I’ve come across your website and you’ve inspired me to make Kerala food. Thanks a lot…….. Nadan Beef Curry Recipe Ingredients (Serves 5) 1. I appreciate .don’t hesitate to contact me for any pastry recipe. Hi Maria, However we still need to change the old recipes to the new format. Now add the minced meat and blend it well. I am looking forward for delicious recipes from you. If you liked this, share this with your friends & family... Hey Maria, Hope this helps.. heyy really good recipe…i loved d taste. Hi Maria, This is the first time i am trying your beef cutlet recipe.I have tried many other recipes of yours. Well done and all the best. Also you mentioned that chicken was not combining, the reason could be less amount of potato. I made it n my family loved it..but when I made it in some qty,I kept in freezer and used microwave to defrost it but the side started crumbling after defrosting.. Can u tell me y is Dat?..how to overcome it? Dip the cutlets in that batter and roll in bread crumbs. The best combination with beef roast is a side of Kerala Porottas; a layered flat bread made with flour. Am yet to go shopping with amma, waiting for that :), Thanx Maria,will let u know abt how ur recipe turned out.And yeah of course, anytime u can contact me for Hindi tips.cheers, MARIA.. they say beautiful women make beautiful food and this seems to be ur case too.Its the case of the my wife too,but men dont have to be.Ha ha..I can cook pretty tasty food and my father in law’s liking it are a proof of that.But Im not a great looking guy or anything close.Listen,Im yet to try ur recipe but it looks pretty “user friendly” thats why I chose it.Will let u know when i try it,im sure it will be great.Dont have time today to read ur lil bio-data but will do so later.If u have any doubts in HIndi i can clarify after all I grew up in dilli yaar.Dont have friends in Bahrain,but a few in UAE.A very nice blog and congrats to ur hubby for that.Later then.. cheers. You are just awesome. I first boil the chicken with salt & pepper till it is cooked completely. Want to know what is cook and mince the chicken. Btw, sorry for the delayed reply, I was on a small break. Mix well. Yes dear, I got your comment and I was so happy :) Thanks again for trying the recipes from here and also taking time to write to me. hi,i tried the receipe&it was very nice.thank u. Those were the days. Hi Soly, Kerala Beef Cutlet is a popular snack in Kerala Cuisine, a favorite with all age groups. Each time your recipes are a great success. I have to say that he is not a big fan of cutlets.. I tried chicken cutlet last sunday and it came out really good. Good to know that you have cousin in Mutttar. Thanks a ton Harsha for your wonderful comment! So, let me wrap for now. ???? Heat oil … Best part is that my son who is fuzzy eater liked it and ate 5 cutlet in a stretch. Add chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Other main ingredients are beef, potatoes, and coriander powder. I should try it one day. :D. hiiiiiiiiiiii maria so nice easy way off ur cooking style. Thanx Maria for sharing it…, You are welcome dear & thanks for the comment :). Drain excess water. Tender chunks of beef are slow-roasted with aromatic spices, coconut pieces (thenga kothu) and curry leaves to make this classic Kerala style beef fry. I am a newbee in cooking still I tried the receipe.:). Please do check out the tuna cutlet recipe in the site, there I’ve given step by step instruction with pictures. The qty of potato was less & so it wasnt binded well. that was a great recipe, the cutlets turned out to be delicious, I am so happy, made my day :)))) looking forward to your other recipes :). Once I made the garam masala and I put too much cinnamon. Yeah it’s a lot easier :). But today he had a bunch of them :) … I too liked them a lot.. The cooking time varies on the type of beef you use. Comments like these motivates me to try out more and more recipes :), also very happy to hear that you look forward for the updates in my site. I guess your cutlets crumbled while dipping because the qty of potato was less & so the mixture couldnt come well to hold the shape. Hi Maria, tried chkn cutlet today. hi Thanks for trying the recipe. If you liked this, share this with your friends & family... One of the most popular Kerala snacks recipe, not to mention, one of my fav snacks of all time. Not too impressed – you have repeated ingredients/processes and anyway, you fail to mention how to maintain the consistency of the cutlets while dipping in egg etc, to ensure it does not crumble. Spicy Kerala Style Beef Curry Recipe : https://w. I moved to Germany last year and started cooking after coming here.I love your recipes especially the chicken recipes.I was searching a receipe for keema like a keema biriyani or keema masala./gravy. Trying it today * I have observed that in the beef cutlets dished out by veterans the meat tends to have a very ‘thready’ consistency, any tips on how this can be achieved? You are welcome dear :) Thanks for trying this recipe & also for the comment. Beat the egg white. The same ingredients are added in different stages & hence its repeated. Your version sounds yummy!! 1. But I served it with typical kottayam nasrani style salad ( Charlas) it’s an excellent combination. Crush or grind ginger and garlic. Keep it closed till pressure drops. Hey Maria: Hope this helps…. Thanks Sapna… i miss those wonderful days at STC… , which year did you pass out? Kallu Shappu (Kerala Toddy Shop) Style Beef Fry. Crunchy, Sweet n Spiced Gingerbread Cookies !! Make small balls with the mixture & roll into desired shapes. Hi Maria, I tried out the chicken cutlets as a filling for burgers & they came out excellent! Cook & mince the chicken. i tried this recipe n it came out nice.. its is simple n easy for a beginner like me.. It might take some time. I do freeze the cutlets for a month or so. Thanks for sharing your tip here :) Nice to know that you like the recipes here, thanks. what is the family name? Good to know that cutlets came out well for you. Once it is cooled add mashed potatoes & mix well. Clean and cut the beef into big pieces. Thanks a lot. i think if you mince the meat very fine , the cutlet becomes very soft and breaks apart when frying. Loved ur recipe.. It’s a pleasure to know that these cutlets came out well for you :) Thanks a lot for the comment. Looking forward to many more such wonderful receipes! I use Indian beef. Better late than never :) Also , if the potatoes are not mashed fine and has lumps ,cutlets breaks while frying ..found it by experience and ammas tips. Thanks for dropping in and taking time to write to me. I tried out the cutlet….it came out really great :))))) Thank you!! Pressure-cook for 2 – 3 whistles. I usually dont add garlic in this recipe, but if you wnat to, you can add :). hi maria i should tell you that iam a fan of your marias menu site….i have tried a number of dishes ….it was very good…thanks for this wonderful site, Thanks a bunch dear for your sweet comment. This way of cooking beef is very popular among the Syrian Christian community of Kerala. In Christian marriages in kerala, Appam or Bread and stew with cutlets is a … Hi Maria, Seer/King Fish (Ney Meen) Cutlet or fish patties is a crunchy and spicy seafood treat from Kerala, India. I am an ex teresian (GS 1996) and we used to bunk class in name of election to eat cutlets and drink the lemonade at Punchiri’s. Thank you so much Elizabeth :) Yeah it tastes great with challas, just the thought of it makes my mouth water ;). It worked fine. I am expert making meat & fish but chicken I wasnt confident. But then with the celebration of Team India winning the Cricket World Cup happening all around the place, how can I just post a chammanthi recipe? Cutlet Preparation: Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Good to know that you’ve liked the recipes tried from here, thank you :). hi..this s my first time…gonna try chckn cutlet…wish me luck!! Add minced chicken. Happy to know that you liked the cutlets :). I used to live on these during my college days ;) Also, these days I always have a packet of ready to fry beef cutlets in my freezer. So clean and the pictures are so tempting. More than the recipe it was Punchiri’s name that made me write this comment. Thank for the comment dear :). I’ve tried a few dishes and they’ve all come out well. this cutlet recipe was so good . its my experimental kitchen… so time to improvise.! Add salt, pepper powder & garam masala. Combine mashed potato and beef … I’m not very sure how the cutlet was rolled into shape without using potato. I think growing up and seeing my mom make Kerala food was so intimidating that I felt that I would never be able to even come close to making the food taste good. Add the cooked beef, garam masala, and pepper powder, stir well until the gravy is completely dry and becomes dark in color. And visit my shop in Qatar if u have plans to go here. Looks like you deserve another testimonial. Fish biriyani and beef fry are the other two items I remember trying out from here. I think its the excess breadcrumbs that gets settled in oil. Thanks for trying them :), i tried this recipe today :) and since am a starter in cooking, i got so much of appreciatons:) thank u soooo much for ur recipes :), Great to know that your chicken cutlets were a hit. Please keep trying & share your feedback :). Coconut slices / thenga kothu – 1/4 cup 4. I’m just planning to make some for an upcoming party at home. Else the meat will taste of raw masala…  :). Christmas is around the corner and these cutlets are perfect for the festivities. The oil wasnt hot enough. Hey Maria!! The latest recipes (starting from Jan 2011), there is a print icon at the top right hand side of the recipe. You can also use mixie to do the mincing. and it came out really good..are u from kerala???? But I guess you can . Excellent recipe Maria.Very similar to what my wife makes.But ive never tried beef cutlet so I tried it and my wife loved it.Like I said I cant eat beef due to gout but I did taste it and was yumm!! I’ve heard about Asian school, some of our friend’s kids study there.. hi Maria, Happy to know that your wife liked the cutlet. :). Thanks Sarika for trying it out and letting me know your feedback. i made these cutlets yesterday and they were excellent,I’ve never made chicken cutlets before and was really glad that they came out well.my husband and kids enjoyed them. Thank you so much for the comment dear :), hiiiiii,i tried the receipe & it was very nice.my husband  liked it very much.thank u. Add in the chopped shallots and saute till it becomes soft. Took me some time to figure out ur 2nd ingredient,3rd ingredient bit.Im not used to that style of parts.Good on you gal.Hope ur enjoying shopping with ur mom like ol days.cheers. Please do let me know if you try the cutlets, hope it comes out well for you. Add in the pepper powder and mix well. Thank you very much :) Nice to know that you’ve liked the recipes posted here. bye for now, I need to check with Amma about the family name :). Since the wea ther has been so ''nice" to have something ho t and spicy we fed on this mouthwatering beef roast for 2 days and trust me it is always the best for the next day. However, we Malayalees, irrespective of our communities, are super proud of our beef fry! i’m newly married nd my hubby wanted me 2 make these cutlets thank u so much 4 dis easy recipe……… it helped me impress my mom in law too…….me nd my hubby r into ur fan club nw…… pls do put in more of such easy recipies. In fact, baking was something I thought I will never try out. I had a disaster trying your recipe :-(. I do hope the beef cutlets came out well & it found a place in your Xmas menu :), Hi Maria Discover below the best of MariasMenu! You are welcome :) Good to know that you find the recipes here helpful. It’s first time i am visiting ur blog. Hi Maria. feel like picking up one and also the other one :). Discover below the best of MariasMenu! Love your collection. This is our favorite recipe too. We won’t complain – but it’s bad karma! Serve with rice, chapati, appam, etc. Thank you so much Howard :) Great to know that your family enjoyed it.. hi maria. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback here. I havent repeated the ingredients just for the sake of it. :). god bless u . Thanks for trying the cutlets & also for the comment. (I had tried out baking in a pressure cooker long back) When I wanted to first bake in an oven, I was sure that there will be some recipe here which will help me start. It came out really well. My son who is super picky about several Indian foods (mostly because he doesn’t like the way curry sticks to his fingers) goes absolutely bonkers when beef ularthiyathu is on the menu. Saute onion till it becomes soft. So here's a spicy beef … Cool down completely. Thanks Maria im a pastry chef, but your recipe helped me a lot for me to cook rather than calling my mom every day for tips. Bring it to room temperature before frying. Yum! Mix well. We changed our format recently. hi Maria, Recently, we tried ur cutlet recipe, it was gud, however when we tried to deep fry the cutlet it started breaking up . I regularly make chicken biriyani, rava laddu and caramel custard at home based on your recipes. :) I also have a blog that I try to write in regularly, but with work it’s tough to keep up, but I post my recipes onto that whenever I get a chance. Kerala special Beef Cutlet [Recipe updated with . Excellent recipe Maria.Very similar to what my wife makes.But ive never tried beef cutlet so I tried it and my wife loved it.Like I said I cant eat beef due to gout but I did taste it and was yumm!! My husband and I love the look of your site. Took me some time to figure out ur 2nd ingredient,3rd ingredient bit.Im not used to that style … hi maria, superb cutlets, i did my degree at St’Teresas and when you mentioned punchiri’s shop it bought back all my wonderful college day memories, Maria, Hope you understand. Please try it and let me know. I must say your recipes are exceptionally good & I always look forward to an update email from your side. I usually freeze them after dipping the cutlets in egg white and bread crumbs. Kerala style beef cutlets is a crunchy snack and I make it often because it is bite-size and easy to munch; when my kids are at home, they skip meals often for playing with their friends.....kids tend to forget all about food and this is the best way to divert their attention from any games. I already commented in some section that most of the esater dishes were prepared from your site.One of them was beef cutlet.It was so yummy.Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cook minced beef with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder ,salt to taste and sufficient quantity of water.If any liquid remains,cook over low heat until it is dry. thanks for ur recipies and ur interesting blog. I’m happy to know that the cutlets was liked by your family :) Thanks a lot for sharing your comment here. Hope your cutlets come out perfect next time, all the best!! but I could not eat more than three!! Thanks a lot. Thanks Hemand :) You can change the size to suit your requirements. Great to know that you liked the site layout, it was done by my husband. I have never made Kerala food before, the most I ventured into Indian food was Butter Chicken. Kerala style Beef Cutlet Posted by currykalam on March 22, 2017 April 7, 2017 One of the most popular Kerala snacks recipe, not to mention, one of my favourite snacks of all time. My husband was amazed to see that I made a beeeeeeeeeeeef cutlet he was like wow!…and yes now I am finally in to his good book:). Please do share your feedback here. Do you add the meat masala/garam masala twice in your cutlet recipe? #Christmas #Christmasdinner #Christmassides #Beefrecipesfordinner #Beefrecipes #Christmasrecipestasty #Christmasrecipes Kerala Beef Peralan Curry | Christmas Special Recipes 2020 | Easy Beef Recipe Kerala Style In this video, we will see how to prepare Beef Peralan Curry Kerala stye. I think I can go on and on. Learn more about MariasMenu, Maria & Jose…. Kerala Beef Cutlet serves as a great snack, an appetizer and even as an enjoyable side dish with rice. We luv all ur recipes nd so far all turned out well . Great to know that you’ve tried many recipes from here & liked them too. Your recipe looks good Hai… Maria! It really didn’t make much difference in taste; but made a lot of difference in reducing the effort. I’ve seen some people using soaked bread slices instead of potato to make cutlets. Thanks a ton dear! While sauteing the onion or before that, add the meat or garam masala and saute for another few seconds. I think you’ll get around 15-20 cutlets, depending on the size of the cutlets. Beef mappas is a Kerala style beef curry with thick coconut milk. Serve hot with tomato ketchup. As I imagine it might not require the same time as a beef curry …? We are going to try your cutlets this evening. I tried ur cutlet recipe…it came out well….thanks dear, Nice to know that this recipe worked well for you. Dear Maria My husband loved these cutlets. I love it.I stay in Muttar place near Alappuzha and run a Homestay. Yes, first while cooking the beef and second while cooking the masalas. Hi Maria I’m thrilled to know that your little one liked the cutlets very much :). I accidentaly stumbled upon your blog checking for Chicken cutlets. Maria…. Last few days have been stunningly busy, at the same time quiet, with much uninterrupted privacy. We won’t complain – but it’s bad karma! You should fry it on high flame otherwise the cutlet will break. but i faced one problem while frying the cutlets.. after frying the first batch the bred crumbs would settle down in the oil and will turn black…i had to remove those burnt bred crumbs after frying each batch.. It has been almost 4 or 5 years since I tried your first recipe. The reasons for cutlet breaking up can be: 1. Combine the beef pieces with the other ingredients numbered 1. My wife and daughters thought the chicken cutlets were great! For a detailed recipe, do visit our blog site https://luv4foodntravel.com Chapters: ========= … It sure looks good.Can you tell me if you need to add Garlic too while making chicken cutlets? Heat the oil at highest flame initially & then bring it to medium – high position & fry the cutlets. Make small balls with the mixture & roll into desired shapes. I think if we make it a bit more larger it can be used s a burger patti.. can we?? If you are not getting it correct at home, may be you can try readymade garam masala. This is your one stop to the world of recipes. hi maria I recently went to my sister’s home and she made chicken cutlets and it was sooo yummy she only added chicken,onion and pepper to the mixture no potato was added. Giving credit won’t hurt :), Learn more about MariasMenu, Maria & Jose…. Dec 19, 2017 - Explore Um Ali's board "Beef cutlets" on Pinterest. Hi, the recipe is really good. this dish looks so tempting!! is there any way to avoid this?? Yes Helen, Please give me a call and come home. Hope it works out this time with these tips. Kerala Style Beef Roast | Beef Varattiyathu - Nummy Recipes But I feel the chicken was not cooked enough.Can you explain to me how loong do I need to keep the chicken(half kg) for boiling with pepper and salt? Please don’t steal the photos. When you say meat masala/gram masala – I do not know what spices and the proportion of each of these spices. I tried your beef cutlet today.. as anju mentioned ,its better to put the garam masala first and saute it ,followed by the meat .Mine did have a little raw masala taste but otherwise it was really good !!! 2. I dont have a specific measurement for these, I just eyeball the qty. The country style beef roast, cooked in iron pans with a lot of curry leaves bring out a unique flavour and aroma which tastes beyond words! I have my sister in Bahrain. Hope you get to try it soon and like it too. Sorry to hear that this recipe didnt work for you. I was a resident of Bhrain long back. They’re tried, tasted and trusted by over 125,000 smart cooks. I will try again…lots of thanks for the recepie…hope u doing well chechii………..looks entirely different from the pics in this site…. Yes, you can cook the beef in pressure cooker. It is a good finger food or starter or snack for Indian parties and festivals. maria they taste good hi..i made it..all were happy to have to it..thnx for the recipe..it was easy too!! Thanks for posting in a simple way. For the above problem you mentioned, you can try this. Find only the best cooking recipes, hand selected by Maria. We did dip them in egg white nd rolled them in crumbs, do you have any suggestions ??? Great recipes, but there’s no print recipe only function on the website, so I end up carting my laptop to the kitchen to try something out. Every time it came out excellent. After rolling the cutlets in bread crumbs, just shake to get rid of the excess bread crumbs. It is such a delight to try your recipies… Even to go through different ones.. Thanks a ton!! Hello,  I’m really glad to know that these cutlets were liked bu your family. It has to be a pasty like consistency to hold the shape. It tastes ok. :o :D, Thanks Keerti :) I think 3 cutlets is more than enough per person, if you know what I mean ;), wow!! Thanks Nisha :) Hope you liked the cutlets and had a wonderful Easter too.. hi maria, :), Thanks a lot for this blog of yours. But have a suggestion to make it better. Coconut oil – 2 tbsp 3. Giving credit won’t hurt :). * can the beef be cooked in the pressure cookie? For deep frying the cutlets, the oil should be really hot. I am trying out beef cutlet recipe today.. if it comes out well I am planning to keep as starters for Christmas.. Then add the minced meat and mix well. Pulse/shred beef in the small jar of a mixie or food processor in 1 -2 batches. Naadan Beef Ularthiyathu / Kerala Style Beef Fry is a traditional side dish of the Central Travancore region of Kerala. … Since kids are always difficult to please with food, I feel very happy when I hear kids loved the recipes from the site :). Just had to sauté a little longer for the chicken to cook and loose the juice from the chicken. Isnt it good, that you can make ahead these snacks and freeze it for later? Stir for 5 minutes & remove from gas. Add in the chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and saute till it turns light brown. We tried your recipe for chicken cutlets and it came out so beautifully!!! Make sure the oil is hot enough otherwise the cutlets may break. I think I started with caramel custard after my brother once surprised me with his cooking skills. Crisp & Refreshing, Fruity rich with Apples n Oran.