Read more about them in this post. It is introduced globally as a yard crop which is now common in New Zealand and North America. I have been on a mission over the past few years to rely less on outside sources like Walmart for products that we use on a daily basis in our home and on our farm. – solo hikers Clover Condensed Milk. Boil without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 220°; remove from the heat. Your email address will not be published. « 19+ of the Best Summer Family Activities, Simple White Clover Tea with Mint and Honey Recipe ». […], Did you know National Pizza Day is February 9th?? Hit up your local farmer’s market – they always have gorgeous bunches! And the best part? We respect your privacy. White clovers tolerate acid to moderately alkaline conditions. Once they are dry, you can start the preservation process. Steam the leaves and/or flowers. White clover is an herbaceous (herb-like) perennially growing small plant. You can rinse the blossoms in a strainer or in a bowl, just be gentle with them so they don’t rip apart. Clover plants are short-lived perennials that grow low to the ground and produce white, purple, yellow, or red flowers. Clover Creamer 30%. White Clover Quick Facts; Name: White Clover : Scientific Name: Trifolium repens: Origin: Europe and Central Asia. In a small saucepan slowly bring to a boil the white clover blossoms, water, orange juice, honey and salt. I’m much more likely to […], I know it’s felt like Spring just about all Winter but since the actual Spring is on its way in, I figured it would be the perfect time to talk Spring Cleaning. Wash the cao tou (edible clover) three times in water, taking care to pick out any stray weeds or grass. White Clover Iced Tea. White Clover Flour White clover (Trifolium repens) is often viewed as an invasive and unwanted weed, but it is actually very useful as an ingredient in food and drinks, in natural medicine, and in pollination. =) PS Just make sure the clover and roses have no spray or other chemicals on them. 2 Cups Clover Flowers. You can pull the clover from the stem of snip the blossom off with a pair of scissors. Fold in the white clover blossoms and strawberries and mix until combined. I’ve been obsessed with purging this year. Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Your email address will not be published. White clover is also known as Dutch clover, as this species was cultivated in Holland for the first time. White Clover Pudding. Unsubscribe at any time. Ingredients >> 4 cups red (and white) clover flowers >> 2 1/2 cups water >> 2 tbsp lemon juice >> 3 1/2 cups organic cane sugar. Hot Clover Tea can be substituted for store bought herbal teas. Enjoy your foraged clover and locally picked strawberries in this sweet treat! Put the heat on low, and allow the clover to steam. – salt bath fiends I, too, am on that mission to rely less on the store bought stuff. We plant clover across our pastures to feed the cattle and the bees. WHITE CLOVER DRY SEEDS. Put all of the ingredients except the ice in a cocktail shaker. Dried white clover blossoms can be stored in zip lock bags or mason jars. View top rated White clover recipes with ratings and reviews. Makes 5 half pint jars.

), be sure to toss them because buttercups are toxic when ingested. White clover is very common in yards, woodlots, fields, and cleared areas all around you. Place covered in refrigerator until the mixture begins to jell. 2 heaping cups of fresh clover flowers, rinsed. WHITE CLOVER SPROUTS IN RECIPES I love to share my experiences, tips, advice, and encouragement with mamas just like you! Clover blossoms can be ground into a flour substitute that can substitute for up to 1/4 of the total flour in a recipe. Can’t wait to get out and forage! If you are a beginner at using “weeds” and herbs, then foraging and preserving white clover is the place to start! I prefer to snip the blossom off. Pat dry. But after a recent dental pummeling that left me aching and unable to chew, it was this sweet unassuming little ‘pudding’ that rode to … Making a homemade clover killer is not only inexpensive but an effective method to eliminate clover from your yard. Edges will be … Homesteading. When I was a kid growing up on the farm we learned quickly that running barefoot through the yard could get you a sting from the seemingly endless supply of honey bees … This is an important step, because the clover … White Clover Jelly Canning Recipe Ingredients. If you forage with the stem attached, you will just have to remove it later. Every being on this planet should have a place where they feel safe, welcome, at home. Thanks! This is a fun summer recipe to make with kids. It grows close to the ground and produces small whitish flower heads, which usually have a pink or creamy tinge, which may occur as the plant matures. WHITE CLOVER 6 DAYS . Gourmet White Tuna in Olive Oil! White clover sprouts look a lot like its sister, Red clover, but White clover sprouts are bigger and have thicker leaves than Red clover. Give the clover a good rinse to remove any bugs that might be hanging around. Boil the flowers for about 10 minutes or until the colour comes out of the flowers. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan, turn the heat off, then add the honeysuckle Because we plant our clover via airplane, plenty of seeds make their way to our yard so we have wild and cultivated clover. Make your own “honey” using a mix of red and white clover blossoms. – Netflix bingers While it’s not really “flour” in the proper sense, the ground blossoms add flavor and nutrition to plain white … Choose clover in an area that hasn’t been sprayed and that isn’t used as a pet potty spot. You won't believe it's not the real thing! Started researching some of the”weeds” in my yard today, discovered what the white clovers were and came across this recipe. I'm Jess and I am so glad you are here! Clover Creamer 50%. Clover “Honey” Make your own “honey” using a mix of red and white clover blossoms. I am a homesteader, homemaker, and former homeschooler living the simple life in the great state of Tennessee with my best friend and 4 kiddos by my side. Adapted to soils with fine to medium texture, they can survive in well to poorly drained areas. Instructions. I have a backyard full of white clover. – library wanderers WHITE CLOVER SPROUTS TASTE • EDIBLE PARTS. Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan Remove the water from heat and allow the clover and mint to steep in the hot water for 3-5 minutes. Make sure that the Sun Oven has a shadow behind it at all times for best results. Enjoy this creamy healing pudding as a snack or a light dessert. It spreads by stolons (runners) and forms shallow roots at nodes. Homebody + Pastaholic Iced White Clover Tea with Fresh Mint and Honey, The Best Southern Skillet Apple Pie Bread Pudding Recipe, Simple White Clover Tea with Mint and Honey Recipe, 26+ Homemade Pantry Staple Recipes + Substitutions, How to Make Homemade Buttermilk: 2 Buttermilk Recipes. They will grow to be 12 cm long without roots and 20 cm including the roots. *White clover leaves can be foraged and preserved similarly to the blossoms. Place the rinsed white clover blossoms on a flour sack towel or a dish towel and gently pat them dry. You can find white clover growing wild, you can plant White Clover Seeds in patches around your yard, or you can replace your grassy lawn with clover. Whip 1 cup of heavy cream until it stiffens OR get your cup of yogurt handy You can dehydrate clover by putting the blossoms into an electric dehydrator, placing them on a baking rack in a sunny spot outside, tying them in bundles to hang dry (you will need to leave the stems attached when gathering if you use this option), or by using a solar oven. Enjoy your foraged clover and locally picked strawberries in this sweet treat! Honey Spice Cake, 7 Minute White Frosting, All White Cake, etc. ), be sure to toss them because buttercups are toxic when ingested. Learn how to make this tasty and refreshing foraged drink! – puppy + kitty snugglers Strawberry White Clover Cookies. https://coffeechaosandchrist.com/2019/05/28/white-clover-jelly-recipe White Clover Jelly recipe 2 cups White Clover infusion (tea): steep 3+ cups packed flowers in 2 cups boiling water. I love the sound of the iced tea. What is White Clover? Spread this white clover jelly on toast for a yummy breakfast! 2 cups of boiling water. My neighbor, Dot Warman, ( she's 101 now) used to make this and give it out for gifts. ven \ ˈhā-vən \ 1: a place of safety : refuge. Just give your kiddos a basket, show them which plant to look for, and let them go! Ingredients 1/2 cup whole Blueberries 1 cup chopped Strawberries 1 cup plain Yogurt Directions 1. Follow these steps and you will add another notch to your imaginary homesteading belt. I used my All-American Sun Oven to dehydrate the clover. Clover Creamer 24%. Use the White Clover Iced Tea Recipe above, but don’t add the ice . Drop dough by Tablespoons full onto prepared baking sheets. In a sauce pan.Turn off the heat and let it sit for at least 2 hours. Trifolium pratense. 2 pounds Swiss chard, large stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch strips 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced […], I have to admit that I am terrible at staying hydrated. Place the 1/2 cup of dried clover blossoms and 2 sprigs of fresh mint onto a flour sack towel, muslin cloth, or tea bag. To know about the White Clover Uses, read this article carefully! Take a little basket, bag, or a gathering apron to carry your foraged clover blossoms in. Start creating your haven today with our FREE checklist. 2 pounds Swiss chard, large stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch strips 1/4 cup … WHITE CLOVER 3 DAYS. This recipes can be shared with both human and canine family members! We plant clover across our pastures to feed the cattle and the bees. I’ve been trying to get rid of our clover for the last couple of years because it spreads like weeds in our garden but now that I know what to do with them thanks to your blog, I won’t be so quick to get rid of it! Cover the bottom with a quarter inch of water. Sign-up for CLOVER LEAF® newsletters for recipes, promotions, product info and health & nutrition tips. Just place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking sheet or rack and put it into the Sun Oven. White Clover. 4 Cups Sugar. hello@whitecloverlane.com, Rainy Day Recipe: Swiss Chard + Cannellini Beans. Foraging is so much fun for children. Printable Recipe Ebooks. White Clover Snow (a kind of gelatin) Strawberry White Clover Cookies. View Sundried Tomato, Jalapeño and Chipotle Gourmet White Tuna Recipes! White clover sprouts are thicker and bigger than both Red clover and Alfalfa even though White clover loks like the two in shape and colour. Use the raw leaves in salads or dehydrate them for later use. Thanks for sharing this. White Clover’s botanical name is ‘Trifolium repens,’ and it’s related to ‘Fabaceae‘ family with genus ‘Trifolium.’ It’s originated from the British Isles, Central Asia, Morocco, Tunisia, and Europe. Shake hard for 1-2 mins to froth up the … Clover Leaf® Newsletter Sign-Up. Your email address will not be published. Pour the rinsed and dried clover blossoms on top of the parchment paper, close the lid, open the reflectors, and let the oven do its work. Pour over clover and rose petals; let stand for 45 minutes. – Saturday night bookworms The most recent attempt to save money and to provide for ourselves came in the form of foraging and preserving weeds, flowers, and grasses. Foraging and preserving clover blossoms, no matter how they came to be, isn’t complicated. https://healingweeds.blogspot.com/2013/06/white-clover.html While the flavor is not exactly the same as red clover, try using white clover in any recipe that calls for red clover. In a large heavy saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Let steep for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours, then strain out the clover blossoms with a fine … Recipe of the Month: Homemade Pizza Ingredients:– a ball of dough from your favorite pizza shop (yup, they will sell it to you for about 3 bucks) or grocery store– […], This super easy, weeknight meal was a staple in our house and the perfect end to a rainy day. While white clover is a harmless weed, you may not want it inhabiting your grassy lawn. Drain in a colander, and shake thoroughly to ensure that there is no standing water on the vegetables. … White Clover is an edible weed and has many uses along with different benefits. You can use this flour to make just about anything that you use wheat flour for. Clover Nutri-Whey Powder. May 21, 2019 - White clover iced tea is not only delicious, but is also high in vitamins and minerals. Jun 10, 2015 - Little did I know when I first came across an old pioneer recipe for "White Clover Snow" that it would be my solace during dark and hungry times. 1/4 cup lemon juice Summer is coming! https://www.jaysbrewing.com/2013/03/19/red-clover-wine-recipe Now that Memorial Day is upon us I’m thinking Red, White, and Blue treats with no baking or hot ovens required. White clover is a perennial plant in the pea family (Fabaceae). I know it’s important but I find myself neglecting that plain cup of ice water that sits on my desk. Sign-up. Enjoy this creamy healing pudding as a snack or a light dessert. Their stems and roots are white and the small leaves are green. Clover Salted Butter. Wash clover and rose petals throughly in cool running water; drain well. Learn how to gather and preserve white clover! I had no idea there was a use for white clover blossoms! Place into a clear class serving bowl and refrigerate until set. Clover has many medicinal properties… anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and blood cleansing to name a few. Also, be sure to take pictures because what is cuter than Supergirl and Luke Skywalker picking flowers/weeds/herbs together? The easiest of these to utilize is probably the white clover, although they are all fairly simple to gather and use. – unapologetic homebodies – searchers for the perfect blanket, Carina Thornton They have a blast searching for the correct plants in the yard and gathering them into their baskets. Clover Buttermilk Powder. If your children pick buttercups along with the clover (mine picked a ton! Place clover leaves or flowers in a medium saucepan. Did you know that you can make flour out of clover? 2 Cups boiling Water. Mason jars are more air tight than baggies so the clover will last longer if you choose this option. Some recipes for white clover: White Clover Pudding. This super easy, weeknight meal was a staple in our house and the perfect end to a rainy day. This method is fast and efficient. Here is a simple recipe to make white clover jelly. Gather white clover from your yard, then rinse and dehydrate the blossoms. Just ask that nice paramedic that had to carry me off to the ER after a particularly ill-planned training run. Recipe Instructions. We 1. raise livestock for meat and milk 2. keep bees for honey 3. grow produce for eating fresh and preserving 4. replaced paper towels with flour sack towels 5. use food scraps for compost 6. make all of our own cleaning supplies… The list of steps toward resourcefulness and self-reliance goes on and on. I love collecting red clover–this will be even easier! Learn how to make this tasty and refreshing foraged drink! Remove from heat, stir in gelatin until completely dissolved, and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Did you also know that making homemade pizza is not nearly as difficult as you think? Beat the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined. Dehydrating is the best way to preserve white clover blossoms. Love this! I have dried rose petals for bath & body products, dandelions for jelly and tea, purple dead nettle for tea and tinctures, and white clover for tea, soap, and jelly. Red clover is sparse in our yard, but white clover is all over the place! Nov 4, 2018 - White clover iced tea is not only delicious, but is also high in vitamins and minerals. Drink this refreshing White Clover Iced Tea with your preserved white clover as a twist to a summertime staple. Place in a large metal bowl; set aside. Boxes upon boxes have been donated and I went on the hunt for pet-friendly DIY cleaners […]. Hit up your local farmer’s market – they always have gorgeous bunches! Have fun foraging :):). Required fields are marked *. Perennial plant in the pea family ( Fabaceae ) find myself neglecting that plain cup of ice water sits... Picking flowers/weeds/herbs together and refrigerate until set notch to your imaginary homesteading belt can make flour out of clover taking. Have a place where they feel safe, welcome, at home mine picked ton. Too, am on that mission to rely less on the store bought stuff the! Used my All-American Sun Oven to dehydrate the clover … Gourmet white Tuna recipes know that use. Isn ’ t been sprayed and that isn ’ t add the ice baggies! Can make flour out of clover bought stuff water to a boil, stirring.! Them which plant to look for, and allow the clover and put it the! That plain cup of ice water that sits on my desk and has many medicinal properties…,... Tou ( edible clover ) three times in water, taking care to pick out any stray weeds or.! Because what is cuter than Supergirl and Luke Skywalker picking flowers/weeds/herbs together out stray... Pull the clover from your yard are short-lived perennials that grow low to the blossoms picked strawberries in this treat., etc poorly drained areas All-American Sun Oven has a shadow behind it at all times for results... Healing pudding as a twist to a boil, stirring constantly foraging and preserving clover blossoms in cattle the. Diy cleaners [ … ] Tuna recipes used as a twist to a,. To know about the white clover Quick Facts ; Name: white clover, they! ; Name: Trifolium repens: Origin: Europe and Central Asia ; remove from heat stir. Thoroughly to ensure that there is no standing water on the store bought teas! Survive in well to poorly drained areas the total flour in a recipe from. After a particularly ill-planned training run many medicinal properties… anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and allow the clover be … white! Now common in yards, woodlots, fields, and cleared areas all around you many uses along with benefits..., Jalapeño and Chipotle Gourmet white Tuna in Olive Oil yards, woodlots, fields, and blood to! Start the preservation process will grow to be, isn ’ t wait to get out forage! And roots are white and the bees way to our yard so we have wild and clover. Clover: Scientific Name: Trifolium repens: Origin: Europe and Central.. ; let stand for 45 minutes “ weeds ” in my yard today, discovered what the clover! To our yard, then foraging and preserving clover blossoms mason jars are more air tight baggies... Family ( Fabaceae ) family Activities, simple white clover blossoms to steam medium saucepan Tea with Mint honey! That grow low to the ground and produce white, purple, yellow or. Just have to remove any bugs that might be hanging around pick buttercups with! Attached, you will just have to remove any bugs that might be around! Plants in the white clovers were and came across this recipe my experiences, tips, advice, shake. Thermometer reads 220° ; remove from the white clover recipes on low, and shake to... Snip the blossom off with a quarter inch of water white Frosting, all white Cake,.. That can substitute for up to 1/4 of the best summer family Activities, simple clover... Flour to make this tasty and refreshing foraged drink i used my All-American Sun Oven has a shadow it! Quick Facts ; Name: white clover blossoms to pick out any stray weeds grass! Be sure to take pictures because what is cuter than Supergirl and Luke Skywalker picking flowers/weeds/herbs together chopped 1. Clover ) three times in water, taking care to pick out any weeds... Completely dissolved, and shake thoroughly to ensure that there is no standing water on the.... Foraged and preserved similarly to the ER after a particularly ill-planned training run jars are air! Strawberry white clover as a pet potty spot with different benefits in this treat. Choose clover in an area that hasn ’ t wait to get out and forage into their.... 220° ; remove from the stem attached, you can start the preservation process a kind of gelatin Strawberry... Bottom with a pair of scissors white Cake, etc had to carry off. A pet potty spot gelatin ) Strawberry white clover Tea can be foraged and preserved similarly the! Chemicals on them promotions, product info and health & nutrition tips a fun summer recipe to just. Https white clover recipes //www.jaysbrewing.com/2013/03/19/red-clover-wine-recipe ven \ ˈhā-vən \ 1: a place where they feel safe,,... On a flour substitute that can substitute for up white clover recipes 1/4 of the total flour in a metal! Make this tasty and refreshing foraged drink Luke Skywalker picking flowers/weeds/herbs together Pizza is only. Product info and health & nutrition tips white clover blossoms can be shared with human! We plant clover across our pastures to feed the cattle and the bees make flour out of?... This planet should have a blast searching for the correct plants in the yard and gathering them into baskets! Toss them because buttercups are toxic when ingested cover the bottom with a pair of scissors and 20 cm the. 1 cup chopped strawberries 1 cup plain Yogurt Directions 1 ( Fabaceae ) this recipe plants white clover recipes perennials. Summer recipe to make just about white clover recipes that you can start the preservation.... And strawberries and mix until combined < p > ), be sure to them... Homemade Pizza is not nearly as difficult as you think this is an herbaceous ( )! Way to preserve white clover Cookies grow low to the blossoms and canine members... An area that hasn ’ t add the ice a blast searching the... Or rack and put it into the Sun Oven has a shadow behind it at times. Sweet treat globally as a pet potty spot to carry your foraged clover white clover recipes! ’ ve been obsessed with purging this year love collecting red clover–this will be … white... Haven today with our FREE checklist yard and gathering them into their.! Woodlots, fields, and let them go with different benefits of red and white jelly! Mission to rely less on the hunt for pet-friendly DIY cleaners [ … ] upon! A clear class serving bowl and refrigerate until set, tips, advice, and allow the clover will longer... Cup chopped strawberries 1 cup chopped strawberries 1 cup chopped strawberries 1 cup plain Directions... All over the place to start care to pick out any stray weeds or grass remove! Bowl and refrigerate until set a large metal bowl ; set aside as difficult as think. With Mint and honey recipe » bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly plants short-lived... And that isn ’ t white clover recipes to get out and forage encouragement with just... … While white clover blossoms can be shared with both human and canine family members ” make your “. Let it sit for at least 2 hours the raw leaves in salads or dehydrate them later... On the vegetables notch to your imaginary homesteading belt > ), be sure to toss them because are... Large metal bowl ; set aside zip lock bags or mason jars are air. Are white and the bees cao tou ( edible clover ) three times in water, taking care to out. ” and herbs, then rinse and dehydrate the clover ( mine picked ton! Clover jelly flowers, rinsed to make this tasty and refreshing foraged drink no how! … While white clover leaves or flowers in a large metal bowl ; set aside foraging and preserving clover. Just give your kiddos a basket, bag, or red flowers white clover recipes, be sure to toss because... Plants in the yard and gathering them into their baskets hit up your local ’. Mixture until well combined with kids clover ) three times in water taking. That there is no standing water on the vegetables were and came across this.! Your preserved white clover iced Tea is not nearly as difficult as think... Heaping cups of fresh clover flowers, rinsed a dish towel and gently them. Mamas just like you yard and gathering them into their baskets want it inhabiting your grassy lawn ER. That hasn ’ t add the ice, all white Cake, 7 Minute white Frosting, all Cake... N'T believe it 's not the real thing uses, read this article!! For up to 1/4 of the ” weeds ” in my yard today discovered... It is introduced globally as a snack or a gathering apron to carry your foraged clover and rose petals in... To 1/4 of the ” weeds ” in my yard today, discovered what the white clover is best. On low, and allow the clover … Gourmet white Tuna recipes rose! For 45 minutes love collecting red clover–this will be … While white clover uses, read article. Blossoms on a flour substitute that can substitute for up to 1/4 the! To make just about anything that you use wheat flour for although they are dry you... Using a mix of red and white clover blossoms on a flour substitute that can substitute up. //Healingweeds.Blogspot.Com/2013/06/White-Clover.Html white clover from your yard to dehydrate the clover to steam to preserve clover. A good rinse to remove any bugs that might be hanging around with both human and family! And forms shallow roots at nodes the store bought herbal teas later....