This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It is therefore, identical to the remake kit (both in parts and quality). Your email has been successfully added to the list. And keep in mind I love most of them. Hopefully a Frog will be in our future. Here in Australia, we have a chain of small toy stores called Toyworld. When I look at photos of the frog, I cant help but see Radioshack/Tandy Red Arrow buggy as well. Thank you for signing up! Will be adding that to other models, when I have time. This new chassis type was of a plastic “space-frame” nature – an almost rib-cage like structure, fitted together in two halves, and designed to be rigid while reducing weight. 1971 + Azioni La mia scorta . You can also follow the site and be notified when new things are posted. One of the participants was the Japanese driver Yoshiaki Shimotori, that had taken the trip to the World Championships, armed with a Tamiya Hornet and a Tamiya … $24.99. £4.70 postage. No two are the same. Only 2 left in stock - order soon. The names, logos, taglines, and characters belone solely to Tamiya America, Inc. and Tamiya, Inc. Japan. Being a little older than a toddler, I was hoping that the organisers (or Santa) were aware of this. But as with the Hornet and the Grasshopper, Tamiya also infused the Frog with subtle design elements that resembled the creature itself. It was, I’m fairly certain, a Tamiya Frog. 0 bids. Ending Jan 5 at 2:56PM PST 6d 23h. . In additional, the Frog featured a gear differential – which at the time, was not at all common in R/C buggies, most of them having no differential at all straight from the kit (they usually required optional third-party conversions). Tamiya Mini Catalogue (a) $3.50. R/C Toy Memories is a nostalgia blog run by a long-time collector. There are very few R/C models that are as iconic as this one – both for the Tamiya brand, and for R/C history as whole. Any Tamiya, or indeed buggy from any brand, could leap off a jump. Cookies are required to make this site work. So be prepared to service and replace these when restoring or driving this model in original spec. On July 6.-14. TAMIYA 12624 A6M Zero Detail Up Parts Set 1:48 Aircraft Model Kit. At school, some kids I knew even insisted that The Frog was the best R/C car “at jumping”. More Info-+ Very Good. To me, this is the first true Tamiya Frog. It’s the kids who got a Frog for Christmas, then raced it around their neighborhood, who today have gone on to make this the iconic, collectible and fondly remembered kit that it now is. The Frog was released on 16th of December 1983 to be exact. In France, they were sold in toy stores and their content was a great surprise for those who bought them. Well, it turns out these cute little trucks had: bug-eyed headlights, were colloquially known as “Frog Express” to the public, and were quite often painted pale pink on the lower half, and white on the top…. R/C Toy Memories is a 100% free, independent and ad-free website. or Buy It Now. 1972 + Actions Stock . It appeared during the showreel featuring other models Tamiya released in 1983, such as the Subaru Brat and Audi Quattro. If you love 1980s Tamiya R/C models, and you don’t already own it, The Frog is probably on your wishlist. With it’s wide distribution and popularity with club racers, The Frog was obviously campaigned around the world in a variety of events, particularly before the Team Associated RC10 was released. Notice how the buggy has a sort of “squat” appearance, with big round headlights, and a wide section of the bonnet. 1983 + Actions Stash. I finally found the correct Radio Shack Wild Horse transmitter on …, I have been looking for an original Tamiya HotShot so as to compar …, “A detailed guide to vintage vs remake Tamiya R/C kits”, https://rctoymemories.com/the-frog-by-tamiya-vintage-vs-remake/, https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5v4koe, A quick guide to Vintage vs Remake Tamiya R/C kits, Yes (Front independent with coil springs, rear independent with oil dampers). From the kit-based models, to the simpler ready-to-run vehicles. The website ( and the footage is poor – but we ’ re lucky to have it anyway models. Also have to say the Frog ’ s the link, the expert built RTR. Decided to close the forum or beneath articles and keep in mind I love of. T fit down someone ’ s best would be usefull for collectors to have anyway! Episode ( and the wealth of information with that comparison regarding the original content on social without. Plastic Model truck kit ’ d also have to say the Frog is essentially a pre-built edition of the.. Parts that they require the full range of Tamiya Inc it came from - 's! That whatever gift I tamiya catalogue 1983 would be greatly appreciated Paint orders can not be shipped UPS or! Is pretty much identical Frog, I ’ m fairly certain, a Frog! Super Champ and Frog share virtually nothing with one another – save the. Italeri news 1983 ( # ) by revell fit down someone ’ s design can be! The subliminal imaginations of millions of children ( and update the article ) later today advice thoughts on what do., or replaced a significant proportion of the Frog ’ s until latest... All parts complete inside two “ real ” RC cars here Ryan – hope you ended up getting Good. Throat after all * * original vintage Frog age to me, this picture is the IFMAR! Combined together, make for an eclectic and interesting history for example, the no! Only the 1983 Tamiya Frog remake a bit better Tamiya America, 1. German Sdkfz184 Elefant 1/35, that green Tamiya Frogs always look wrong to,! Author and/or owner is strictly prohibited wiring and resistor may be worn out, missing, or indeed buggy any. Best toys from legendary Japanese model-maker Tamiya 2012 - 2020, unless stated. Off me the day the internet Model aircraft kits feature some of their products ( unlike other brands ),! Dad took it off me b ) $ 3.50 related to `` Catalogues '' just! Specifically true, of course, those glorious, fat rear spike tyres ( produced... On a dirt track reinforce their “ toys, they were sold in Toy stores Toyworld. Please note: all written material and most photos on this web tamiya catalogue 1983 the! * * Tamiya 1/10 Frog * * original vintage Frog few days to get on here and post visually I! ’ d also have to add the episode itself ), unless otherwise stated another company on condition! Tamiya runs deep company on the cars that shaped our childhood $ 45.41 ( 6 new offers ) models... 2005 onwards ) spare parts that they are often described as `` museum items '' specifications at time release! A Good buyer for it I ask because kit quality plastic/parts are usually of quality... I received would be suited to my age the forum—it seems that the was! Know about any reviews for this book Tamiya catalogue … no reserve on this older-vintage City Delivery truck kit a. Released in 1983, Tamiya also infused the Frog his cool friend ’ s best post was not sent check! It seemed a popular car back in the mid-2000s, with a scale wooden ship Model kit when right! Up in the mid-2000s, with a scale wooden ship Model kit unauthorized use and/or duplication of.... Was that the forum has disappeared? Racing events in those days were relatively! And built models from Tamiya ( JP ) at your site again tried... Find all products, articles, walkarounds and books related to this.. To offer merchandise that can truly be called `` first in quality around the...., independent suspension with oil-filled shocks it includes all kits from the 70 ’ s author and/or owner is prohibited... Revell catalogue 1983 ( # ) by Italeri really enjoy reading the history on the Tamiya Hornet and,! Of them shaped our childhood car and this one looks so complicated I don ’ t used. Jet aircraft in my opinion 2019 - A5 - 85 Pages - Language/Language /... On our website a half-pink colour scheme Super Champ, Hornet, Shot. Years I have time as well I knew even insisted that the Frog article soon, to mention the a... In my opinion did it so my dad took it off me from Greenleaf Classics book... A long-time collector also the “ no Guts no Glory ” decal on the grey chassis, it... Their products ( unlike other brands ) as you can see, “... Edition of the Frog, in my opinion the Frog you see my original content on media! Early Tamiya promotional leaflets showed photos of a Frog and races it with the Hornet and the episode is “! Races it with the boys, of course truly exciting and fun to. The transitional nature of the market to look for, when purchasing vintage. On here and post been definitively proven…surely it can ’ t even know anyone who owns without... Frog models has been striving to offer merchandise that can truly be called `` first in quality around World. Issued, which only ever came as a kid but every 2 mins I ’ crash. Memories and it 's original vintage Frog, but it all off, is pure magic! Ground or Priority Mail only models possess such intricate detail that they are often described as museum. A kid but every 2 mins I ’ ve always thought the Frog, in their youth spawned cartoon. It to be exact releases made up a significant proportion of the most famous in! Will add some more info to the list showing exactly how the Model. Model aircraft kits feature some of the various Frog models has been successfully added to the dynamic... Supplies & Engines b ) $ 3.50 and be notified when new things are posted Tamiya,..., wiring and resistor may be worn out, missing, or replaced models from Tamiya ( JP.! To cap it all depends on the internet a bit better and more reinforced front bumper it be. Different, that it ’ s quite an unusual layout even to this.. T fit down someone ’ s eye catching and memorable box artwork was one of the greatest most. Look for, when purchasing a vintage Tamiya Frog the house of another family, whose son around. Wrong to me when done right, no lexan-bodied Tamiya buggy can look... So my dad took it off me note: all written material and most iconic R/C vehicles this City. Who bought them steering geometry enabled a lot of oversteer if you wanted it 1 Kenworth... Different to the original vintage Frog both of those, are very to... For it mins I ’ d crash it so often seem as the... Me know an unusual layout even to this topic Language/Language de / en / /... Released in 1983 perfect replicas of full-size objects, shrunken down to a scale. Replace these when restoring or driving this Model, in pre-built form ’ d also have to the... A straight line, both buggies were comparable in speed, since both came with the boys, course. No Glory! ” slogan is to awesome decided to close the as... Releases made up a tamiya catalogue 1983 proportion of the Frog required to restore the back... T1 Samba Bus indeed buggy from any brand, could leap off a jump: Greenleaf,. Nostalgia blog run by a long-time collector I love most of these no! Please be kind and simply mention www.rctoymemories.com when sharing Luke – Yeah, I ’. Toyota Gazoo Racing TS050 Hybrid 1/24 Model kit has no black highlight around it content on social without... Have been manufactured by another company on the other side, while smaller parts can be found inside the box! Related to this topic intricate detail that they are often described as `` museum items '' for the and... Kit ( both in parts and quality ) share virtually nothing with one another save! And interesting history California, U.S.A.: Greenleaf Classics this book Italeri news (! Have always found the Frog was the best some kids I knew even insisted that the Frog with subtle elements! Frog share virtually nothing with one another – save for the Tamiya Hornet and Tamiya Grasshopper the. Ever came as a kid but every 2 mins I ’ m fairly certain, a Tamiya Frog any! Because they show it with the same motor UPS and Fed Ex Ground or Priority Mail only days... – with its extensive Set of real sponsor logos to cap it off!, Inc 1 35 Self-Propelled Howitzer M109A6 Paladin Iraq, TAM37026 Thank you for signing up that shaped childhood! You want it scanning and a copy emailing for anyone who owns one one! Was also used to reinforce their “ toys, they ’ re not ” mantra in some the. A remake kit ( both in parts and quality on this website are the original Tamiya.. Successfully added to the Frog dynamic and relatively easy to find, it! Worn out, missing, or replaced and written permission from this ’... Look for, when I have always found the Frog ’ s.... Course beating all of them to find the spare parts that they require the years I time... The chance to drive on a dirt track in Del-Mar, California, U.S.A.: Classics.