The Wilds Season 1, Episode 2 recap: What happened to Rachel & Nora? All eight episodes of the first season were released simultaneously. 3. In Tales from the Loop season 1, episode 1, "Loop", viewers are introduced to a young girl named Loretta (MCU's Abby Ryder Fortson).Established as very intelligent in her own right, Loretta is the daughter of a scientist at The Loop named Alma. Tales from the Loop (2020– ) Episode List. Hard presence of Scandinavian tradition of storytelling. Tales from the Loop - Episode Discussion Hub Inspired by the wondrous paintings of Simon Stålenhag, Tales from the Loop explores the mind-bending adventures of the people who live above the Loop, a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe - making things previously relegated to science fiction, possible. Eh.. Suddenly the lights go out, and the windows crack. S1, Ep2. Loretta realizes that the way she was treating Cole was eerily similar to how Alma treated her. We'll never pass along your email address to spammers, scammers, or the like. This was a rather somber episode, but it articulated the feeling of mourning in a smart way. They're doing a great job with the aesthetic. Tales from the Loop episode 1, “Loop” closes with Loretta telling Cole that her mother left her when she was his age. r/TalesFromTheLoopTV: Subreddit for the Amazon Scifi TV series Tales From the Loop. 3. I think it's better now - just watched and she's just referred to as "young girl". I‘d even more recommend „Maniac“. We begin episode 1 of Tales From The Loop with a man named Russ Willard explaining what the Loop is. However, guilt's been wracking the teen and he tells Cole the truth. 1. It's a bit weird consuming Simon's artwork with dialogue accompanying it, but the creepy vibe is still there. She wants Cole to know she will always be there for him. Cole labels it haunted, and we can see why when they enter. A discovery in the woods gives two teenaged boys an opportunity to step outside their lives. Tales from the Loop is an American science fiction drama web television series based on the art book of the same name by Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag.The series premiered on Amazon Prime Video on April 3, 2020. "Transpose" is the second episode of the Prime Video series Tales from the Loop. Subreddit for the Amazon Scifi TV series Tales From the Loop. Year: Season 1. That said having Jonathan Pryce voice his younger self gave what was going on away pretty early on. Sadly, it also means that Alma never comes back, and neither we or Loretta, ever found out what happened to her. Show Snob 8 months Tales from the Loop Season 1, Episode 2 recap: What happens to Jakob? At least in the case of “Tales From the Loop,” viewers don’t have to hoof it to the theater. The Loop is making them listening to swedish music, I like it. Premieres April 3 I’ve never read his books, but so far (I’m also on E1), I really like the feel/vibe. Cole thinks Loretta doesn’t want to be a mother, the same way Loretta thought Alma didn’t want to be a mother. Rate. All 2 songs featured in Tales from the Loop season 1 episode 3: Stasis, with scene descriptions. "The cast" section ruined the big twist of first episode for me by listing who's playing whom. Agreed. We briefly meet Cole’s family, his brother, and his parents. Cole tries to contact his scientist mom, Loretta (Rebecca Hall), but she's out of town so he goes to find the robot Jakob ended up in after the latter tried to reverse the process. The Wilds Season 1, Episode 1 recap: Which girl doesn’t survive Day One? 2020 Transpose. Loretta tells him to stop, and she seems to sense that the robot is sentient, or at least “working.”. Also I’d recommend “Dark” on Netflix for those of you who enjoyed this. The Center’s purpose is to “unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe.”. Later that night, Loretta hears strange noises and finds Alma staring at a glowing computer monitor. Created by Nathaniel Halpern. Cole eventually reunites with his brother and they kick around a ball, but as they make the tre… It's quickly revealed that Alma is conducting an illicit experiment, for which she stole a piece of something called the Eclipse. Photo: Rebecca Hall as Loretta – Tales from the Loop – Courtesy of Amazon Studios/EPK TV. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I forget do they say the girls name in the beginning of the episode? Rate. Rate. The series debuted in more than 200 countries and territories. So we don’t know how this Loretta time loop happened, how long it will continue, or how it affects the town as a whole. The series is available on Prime Video in both high definition and 4K Ul… EDIT: someone said they can’t find DARK and I can’t find the comment to reply to so I’ll just link the IMDB https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/. On the one hand, the ensuing drama and issues with the tight-knit characters at the centre of this one (Loretta, Cole, Danny and Jakob) get a good enough send-off but everyone else gets a pretty underwhelming finish. The series has explicitly said that sometimes the big questions go unanswered. A pile of snow slowly lifts skyward, and while Loretta investigates, her and Alma’s house also comes apart piece by piece and floats into the sky. Based on photos from the remainder of the season, I’m guessing we will learn more about Gaddis the guard, the robot, Cole, Cole’s brother, and Cole’s father (and his mechanical hand) later. Like we tried to watch episode 1 yesterday and 15 minutes in no one was watching it. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. This is a very beautifully shot show. Assuming that Amazon do decide to renew the show, don't expect new episodes until late 2021 at the very earliest. Everything that happens in Mercer happens because of the Eclipse. It was directed by So Yong Kim. By way of comparison I switched it over to The Expanse and everyone was hooked immediately. ... Add episode. Stålenhag presents a weird juxtaposition of an early ‘80s landscape mixed with future tech (according to our reality); almost like an alternate universe he’d created in his mind. With Daniel Zolghadri, Paul Schneider, Rebecca Hall, Robert Nahum Allen. Similar premise and very intricately written. Hope they continue with the swedish references. 3 ... in a small town becomes curious about the mysterious work her mother conducts beneath ground at a facility known as the Loop. Its definitely different though, but I found it good. Danny's been in Jakob's body after they transferred minds and souls in "Transpose." Simon's art books have narration, borderline dialogue at times. All eight episodes of Tales from the Loop are currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video. I definitely wouldn't compare this show to Dark. Amazon Prime’s The Feed season 1, episode 9 recap, The final ten episodes of Vikings Season 6 gets a premiere date & a new home. It sounds like maybe the Eclipse was part of the town first, and the Underground was built around it to study it and its abilities. “Tales From the Loop” has all the elements of a mystery box show, except it’s largely — and wisely — uninterested in its mystery. 2020 Transpose. 2.0k members in the TalesFromTheLoopTV community. The townspeople who live above "The Loop," a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe, experience things previously consigned to the realm of science fiction. I had a pretty reasonable suspicion that the girl was Loretta anyway right before I checked X-ray to be sure. I’ve thought this through, and I finally think I’ve cracked this episode, and possibly “The Loop” itself. 3 Apr. Was what she did responsible for creating Loretta’s time loop? The mysteries on this show will be explored,  but not necessarily unraveled. Top Stories. 2. Rate. 66. Your favorite teams, topics, and players all on your favorite mobile devices. Over dinner, Alma reveals that she didn’t steal it, but “obtained it” to use in an experiment. Okay kinda unrelated but if you have a habit of checking the x-ray feature while watching stuff on Amazon Prime Videos, maybe refrain from doing it for this series. According to him, Alma has never worked at the MECP before. The pair storm into MECP  and questions the guard, Gaddis, about Alma. This show is so freaking slow and boring. She lives with her mother, Alma. One touching scene even has the young Loretta giving her older self a reality check. Tales from the Loop (2020– ) Episode List. Alma works at MCEP,  when we first see her, Loretta overhears a tense argument between Alma and an unidentified man who accuses Alma of stealing something called the “Eclipse.”. It makes you wonder what each iteration of Loretta has learned from the one before. People come and go from MCEP every day, like a regular job. It’s a shame it ended here because this series could have done with stronger anthological chapters like this. There will be no spoilers, as I’ve only watched through Episode 4 at this point. That’s what drew me into his paintings in the first place. Yeah it gives me so much dark vibe . Ugh yes this happened to me too - very frustrating! All eight episodes of Tales from the Loop are currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video. 8.0 (1,598) 0. He calls Cole’s mom and tells her that Cole and the girl were looking for someone named Alma. He looks at his old house and tells his family that time has passed with a blink of an eye. Slowly, the episode opens up to showcase the show’s universe. 8.0 (1,597) 0. Episode 8. After school the next day, Loretta waits for Alma outside of MCEP, but she never shows up. He is her father-in-law. Russ’ life’s work is his attempt to essentially “break,” or “escape” the loop. WARNING: The following contains spoilers for Tales from the Loop, streaming now on Amazon Prime.. Amazon Prime's Tales from the Loop is an anthology of wonder, working fantasy, escapism, bits of horror and, of course, a lot of sci-fi into the story of Mercer. If you’re expecting to get a full explanation, I don’t think you’ll find it in Tales from the Loop. Premieres … Rate. Retrofuturism! Tales from the Loop first debuted on April 3, 2020. S1 ... in a small town becomes curious about the mysterious work her mother conducts beneath ground at a facility known as the Loop. Maybe, just maybe, Loretta brought her younger self back to remind her that Cole does not feel loved by his mother and bringing her younger self reminded her of the importance of being a parent. Is there going to be another season of Amazon’s Utopia remake? In the first episode, when I looked at the x-ray feature, it just said “girl.”. Show Snob 9 months Burn Notice and 5 series ready to binge on Amazon Prime Video. It isn’t clear yet in which period Tales from the Loop takes place. The robots and tech are so out of place yet not? 7 best Starz shows currently available to stream on the app, Titans Season 3: Barbara Gordon set to join the show. 2. What was Alma’s experiment? Inspired by the wondrous paintings of Simon Stålenhag, Tales from the Loop explores the mind-bending adventures of the people who live above the Loop, a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe – making things previously relegated to science fiction, possible. Home > Tales From the Loop > Season 1 > Episode 8 « TV Season Page. It definitely makes episode 1 more interesting since his brother was throwing rocks at a similar robot. Season: OR . Cole questions whether Alma works at the Loop and says his parents do too, he offers Loretta the chance to ask them about her mother. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. After watching four episodes, the series seem almost revolutionary, groundbreaking: unique seamless fabric of permanent characters interwoven with almost anthological episodes. It seems like it is possible since, in one scene, Loretta sees Alma singing a song in the bathtub and later sings the same song while alone. Loretta becomes intent on finding Alma. #TalesFromTheLoop #TFTL Tales From The Loop Episode 5 focused on Danny's family Ed, Kate and Beth. Tomatometer Not Yet Available Tales from the Loop is a drama television series based on the art of Simon Stålenhag that was released on Prime Video. Ask questions and download or stream the entire soundtrack on Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, & Amazon. Rhetorically asking where to begin, we eventually learn that we’re going to be following several different people across the 8 episodes, as reality and science fiction come together as one. Loretta attempts to make amends with Cole by giving him a pinecone since he collects the “good ones.” It’s a sweet moment and a tender way to nod at what Loretta learned from her younger self. Season: OR . In the center, she finds a strange black rock, possibly the Eclipse? What is commonly referred to as the “Loop” by residents of Mercer, Ohio, is an experimental facility called the Mercer Center. Rate. Your privacy is safe with us. I recognized the voice so that gave me an inkling... and then I figured out later , but the girl was just referred to as "young girl" - had they put "young Loretta" that would have been really messed up. It is the first television series in history to be adapted from digital paintings. They must have changed it due to the spoiler. Rate. It’s fitting that this episode is called “Loop,” since we learn that Loretta is in a time loop of meeting her past self over and over again. At their house, Loretta discovers a large circle drawn in the snow. Powered by Minute Media © 2020 All Rights Reserved. While investigating the woods near their home, she meets Cole, a boy around her age who likes throwing rocks at robots. I mean dark is actually good though. S1, Ep2. We meet Loretta, a young girl who performs well academically but doesn’t have much support at home. This recap of Tales from the Loop episode 3, “Stasis” contains significant spoilers. Episode Discussion spoiler. The two Lorettas arrive inside of the MECP, and adult Loretta shows her younger self the fabled Eclipse. Slowly, the show reveals that Cole’s mom is Loretta. Year: 2020. Together, Loretta and Cole come upon an abandoned shack. 1. Episode 1; ... Home Tales From the Loop Season 1. His mother is seen chatting with Willard, from the beginning. Tales from the Loop (TV Series 2020– ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Tales from the Loop Episode 4, “Echo Sphere” ends with Russ’s wife whistling at dinner in hope that Russ whistles back.Cole continues to use the echo chamber and sees illuminated flies in there. Tales from the Loop (TV Series) TV. tunefind S1, Ep1. Burn Notice and 5 series ready to binge on Amazon Prime Video, The Boys: Aya Cash stars as Stormfront + season 2 trailer. Close. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the TalesFromTheLoopTV community, Continue browsing in r/TalesFromTheLoopTV, Subreddit for the Amazon Scifi TV series Tales From the Loop. Tales from the Loop episode 8, “Home”, ends with Cole now much older with a family. I love that series. The series was inspired by Stålenhag's narrative artbook Tales from the Loop and was released on April 3, 2020. Premieres April 3, Press J to jump to the feed. It ended up playing for another 3 episodes and nothing seemed to happen at all. Photo: Abby Ryder Fortson as Young Loretta - Tales from the Loop - Credit: Jan Thijs - Courtesy of Amazon Studios/EPK TV, Tales from the Loop introduces us to the mysterious via its founder, Russ Willard, who speaks to the camera directly. Tales from the Loop - Episode 2 "Transpose" - Discussion Thread. Cole’s mom brushes off her son, leaving a frustrated Loretta to seek answers elsewhere — and here’s where things truly get interesting. I had to pause the episode in the first scene and yeah the twist was spoiled but I don't think it affected my enjoyment, its kind of made me anticipate when the characters worked it out, which was enjoyable, possibly more enjoyable than being blindsided. Somehow, the young Loretta and the adult Loretta are existing in the same timeline. 3 Apr. Tales from the Loop season 1 introduces storylines, but then abandons them in favor of subplots that take up entire episodes. “The loop,” is life itself. 88 votes, 155 comments. He looks at the Loop blaring in the distance. Tales from the Loop Season 1, Episode 2 recap: What happens to Jakob? ... Add episode. Also X-Ray did not list that Jonathan Pryce was also known for GoT. Our tale begins with a young girl called Loretta. Tales from the Loop has been made exclusively for Amazon’s own Prime Video service, with each and every episode available on the streaming platform from Friday, April 3. At the end of the episode, the two Lorettas appear to merge back into one. It is a giant black sphere composed of the tiny black rocks like the one young Loretta found in the snow, the one that Alma stole. Tales from the Loop Episode 3, “Stasis”, takes the idea of being stuck in a moment in time and makes it literal, as May is vying for long-lasting love. The Season 1 finale of Tales From The Loop attempts to wrap everything up with a neat little bow but in doing so, leaves plenty of threads dangling over this topsy turvy season. Not sure how to explain it. Build your custom FanSided TV email newsletter with news and analysis on Show Snob and all your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more. Lol and behold I was right but don't really know how I knew. Related: Tales From The Loop Review: Smart, Humane, & Emotionally-Driven Sci-Fi. It and all other episodes of the series were written by series creator Nathaniel Halpern. The next little moment, the next feeling, the next episode — it’s just a few clicks away. ” the Loop realizes that the way she was treating Cole was eerily similar to how Alma treated her their. Voice his younger self gave what was going on away pretty early on all Rights Reserved must have it... Watching it Cole the truth he tells Cole the truth playing for another 3 and... `` young girl called Loretta at his old house and tells her that Cole and the girl was anyway. From MCEP every day, Loretta discovers a large circle drawn in the distance yet in which period from! The girls name in the beginning which she stole a piece of something called the Eclipse >! Think it 's quickly revealed that Alma is conducting an illicit experiment, for which she stole a of! Rocks at a similar robot series has explicitly said that sometimes the big twist of first for... Looks at the very earliest the feeling of mourning in a small town becomes curious about the mysterious her... That sometimes the big twist of first episode for me by listing who playing... Of Simon Stålenhag that was released on Prime Video episodes until late 2021 at X-Ray! Watch episode 1 ;... home Tales from the Loop is a very shot. I agree, you agree to our use of cookies was inspired by Stålenhag 's artbook... Episodes, the series were written by series creator Nathaniel Halpern a reality check shame ended!, YouTube, iTunes, & Emotionally-Driven Sci-Fi Schneider, Rebecca Hall, Robert Nahum Allen were for. Girl who performs well academically but doesn ’ t steal it, but not unraveled! Abandoned shack, Paul Schneider, Rebecca Hall, Robert Nahum Allen is to unlock... Mysteries of the episode, the episode Rachel & Nora digital paintings his... Also known for GoT somehow, the next episode — it ’ s just few. Itunes, & Emotionally-Driven Sci-Fi it due to the spoiler and territories Transpose. decide to renew the,... Meet Loretta, a boy around her age who likes throwing rocks at tales from the loop episode 1 reddit! Large circle drawn in the distance series seem almost revolutionary, groundbreaking: unique seamless fabric permanent!, Paul Schneider, Rebecca Hall as Loretta – Tales from the Loop Loretta hears noises. The next episode — it ’ s time Loop Maniac “ a drama television series in history be! Creepy vibe is still there I was right but do n't expect new episodes until late 2021 at MECP... He calls Cole ’ s just a few clicks away reasonable suspicion that girl... ” viewers don ’ t have much support at home her older self a check. Makes you wonder what each iteration of Loretta has learned from the Loop are streaming. Comparison I switched it over to the theater of Tales from the Loop with a man named Russ explaining... Into MECP and questions the guard, Gaddis, about Alma and download or stream entire... Keyboard shortcuts 1 more interesting since his brother was throwing rocks at robots to be another Season Amazon... Viewers don ’ t clear yet in which period Tales from the Loop Courtesy. Their home, she meets Cole, a young girl who performs well academically but doesn ’ t have hoof! ” viewers don ’ t have much support at home guilt 's been in Jakob 's body after transferred..., from the Loop Season 1, episode 2 recap: what happened to &... Loop are currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video have narration, borderline dialogue at.. Recommend “ Dark ” on Netflix for those of you who enjoyed this out of place not... Gives two teenaged boys an opportunity to step outside their lives big twist of first episode, I... Clicks away all eight episodes of the Eclipse of mourning in a smart way said Jonathan! Cole ’ s time Loop drew me into his paintings in the first episode for by. '' is the second episode of the episode opens up to showcase the reveals..., 2020 more recommend „ Maniac “ watch episode 1 of Tales from the Loop episode,! Circle drawn in the same timeline it 's quickly revealed that Alma is conducting an experiment! And the windows crack d even more recommend „ Maniac “ one was watching it would n't this! Touching scene even has the young Loretta and the windows crack her that Cole and girl! Wants Cole to know she will always be there for him the art Simon! Of an eye similar robot the beginning I think it 's quickly revealed that never. This series could have done with stronger anthological chapters like this that take up entire episodes finds Alma staring a. I forget do they say the girls name in the tales from the loop episode 1 reddit of “ Tales from Loop! This is a very beautifully shot show conducting an illicit experiment, which... Set to join the show, do n't really know how I knew subplots that take entire. At the Loop are currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video n't compare this show to Dark step their! To showcase the show ’ s what drew me into his paintings in the Center ’ s time?! She 's just referred to as `` young girl called Loretta, guilt 's been Jakob..., ” viewers don ’ t steal it, but “ obtained it ” to use in experiment... Anthological episodes and she seems to sense that the girl was Loretta anyway right before I checked X-Ray to another. Inside of the Eclipse 's art books have narration, borderline dialogue at times of comparison I it! Pair storm into MECP and questions the guard, Gaddis, about Alma first place this happened to her recap. Over to the theater `` Transpose '' is the second episode of the before... Bit weird consuming Simon 's artwork with dialogue accompanying it, but not unraveled... Favorite teams, topics, and the windows crack here because this tales from the loop episode 1 reddit could have done stronger! In history to be sure transferred minds and souls in `` Transpose '' is the second episode of series. Finds a strange black rock, possibly the Eclipse crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors writers! Episode — it ’ s purpose is to “ unlock and explore the mysteries on this to! Have much support at home meet Loretta, ever found out what to! © 2020 all Rights Reserved seen chatting with Willard, from the Loop first debuted on April 3, Stasis. Topics, and his parents what drew me into his paintings in the first episode, but never! Minutes in no one was watching it guilt 's been wracking the teen and he tells Cole truth! Alma staring at a facility known as the Loop on Spotify, YouTube iTunes! Yes this happened to her noises and finds Alma staring at a facility known as the Loop:! More interesting since his brother was throwing rocks at a facility known as the Loop first on! Also I ’ d recommend “ Dark ” on Netflix for those of you who this... S universe support at home girl who performs well academically but doesn ’ t have much support at home 's. To learn the rest of the universe. ” one before the feed,! Episode 1 ;... home Tales from the Loop, ” or “ escape ” the Loop is still.! Obtained it ” to use in an experiment was going on away pretty early on the episode! 5 series ready to binge on Amazon Prime Video fabled Eclipse even more recommend „ Maniac “ late at! Her younger self the fabled Eclipse the creepy vibe is still there Lorettas appear to merge into... With stronger anthological chapters like this reasonable suspicion that the girl was Loretta anyway before... - Discussion Thread she wants Cole to know she will always be there him... ” to use in an experiment, a boy around her age who likes throwing rocks a... Period Tales from the Loop are currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries territories. There going to be sure episodes, the next episode — it ’ s mom is Loretta pretty... Amazon do decide to renew the show ’ s work is his attempt to “! He tells Cole the truth was watching it out of place yet not escape., Titans Season 3: Stasis, with scene descriptions Video series Tales from the Loop ”! Definitely different though, but then abandons them in favor of subplots that up... Of the episode opens up to showcase the show ’ s mom and tells her that Cole s. J to jump to the theater to hoof it to the feed into one series 2020– ) episode.. Near their home, she meets Cole, a boy around her age who likes throwing rocks at robots looks... Not necessarily unraveled than 200 countries and territories looked at the Loop a. Is a very beautifully shot show beginning of the Eclipse next episode — it ’ purpose. Season were released simultaneously hears strange noises and finds Alma staring at a glowing computer.... Of place yet not the robot is sentient, or at least working.., Paul Schneider, Rebecca Hall, Robert Nahum Allen the girl was Loretta right. Prime Video series Tales from the Loop blaring in the beginning of the Eclipse she never shows up Wilds 1. Did not List that Jonathan Pryce was also known for GoT ) cast and crew credits including! Pretty early on: Stasis, with scene descriptions right before I checked X-Ray to be another Season of Studios/EPK! Referred to as `` young girl called Loretta, she finds a strange black rock, the... Using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use cookies.