If your spark plugs need changing, a lot of people choose to replace the spark plug wires, PCV valve, fuel filter and oxygen sensor too. Runs on cylinder's one and four, but no spark at cylinder's two and three. **Online prices and sale effective dates may differ from those in-store and may vary by region. Shop replacement Spark Plugs online today. Because of the cost of iridium, the electrode is thinner, but they still deliver better power, better combustion and longer life than other plugs. 2010 Ford Escape 2.5L Spark Plug Information. CANADIAN TIRE ® and the CANADIAN TIRE Triangle Design are registered trade-marks of Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Spark Plugs. Copper Spark Plugs: These are the most basic spark plugs. 4-valves per cylinder Four valves per cylinder Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection (SFI) Aluminum cylinder head Aluminum cylinder block Electronic ignition system with coil-on-plug 4 ignition coils Timing Chain Oil pump is driven by a dedicated chain from a sprocket that drives the timing chain. Research, compare and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 8 2010 F-150 models in Largo. Your spark plug is responsible for sending the electrical current from your ignition system to the combustion chamber of your Ford Escape's engine. Inspect the plugs that he removed and see if they all look the same. Oil making its way into the spark plug wells will drastically affect the engines performance, leading to misfires, increased oil consumption and blue exhaust. In some V6 engines, access might be difficult. Consult your owners manual for the guidelines on how often you should replace the spark plugs on a 4.6 Ford engine. 2010 Ford Escape Spark Plug; 2010 Ford Escape Thermostat; 2010 Ford Escape Water Pump; 2010 Ford Escape Wireset; View More Related Parts. Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. Do not adjust the gap of iridium spark plugs. For example, to change spark plugs in a Ford Edge or Escape with a V6 engine, the intake manifold will have to come off, bringing the labor cost to $260-$320. Optimal fuel economy, which can save you money. You might leave it to the experts to check them or change them, but it makes sense for you to be aware of what it entails. He took the car to Pep Boys who ran diagnostic codes. Spark Plugs are what gets your engine going and what ignites the gasoline. $2.25. Remove each of the six spark plugs. At Ford Parts Center we have Genuine Spark Plugs for all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. locate a store. FORD > 2009 > ESCAPE > 2.5L L4 > Ignition > Spark Plug. I got it from autozone for 65 bucks. Screw in the spark plug finger tight until the gasket meets the cylinder head. Each 2010 Ford Escape ignition coil transforms low battery voltage into thousands of volts to activate the spark plugs and start combustion. Oil on Spark Plug Causes: Ford Escape. Without spark plugs, your Ford won’t start or continue to run. In addition, the gap that a spark has to travel to ignite the fuel/air mixture gets larger and larger as the spark plug ages thanks to heat, particulates and normal wear and tear. What would be the cause of this. Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area. I pulled off to the emergency lane. It was code 301. Spark Plug / Coil-On-Plug Boot. SET (6) LFR5AGP - 5018 For Spark Plug Platinum Power price CDN$ 25. Intentionally blank: Related Parts. Slide a spark plug socket on a ratchet. Ford Escape P0304 Definition. Sure enough, started getting a cylinder … Rough idling, reduced MPG, and weakened acceleration are common signs of worn-out coils, and problems with these parts can cause a Check Engine Light or starting trouble too. 00. It was code 301. Coils and spark plugs 5 Answers. So i ordered a new one and it was replaced. Changed plugs - same code, swapped coil 1 with 4 - same code, swapped injector 1 with 4 - same code. Keep in mind. Spark plug and cylinder head threads needs to be free of carbon build up, clean, and it is recommended, free of lubricant. High compression engines and engines with forced induction have higher combustion chamber pressures at time of spark discharge. This then creates the spark that results in combustion. Usually an engine has one spark plug per cylinder, but some engines may have two spark plugs per cylinder. It all started with a cylinder 4 misfire. But beyond the obvious reason, replacing the spark plugs has some ongoing benefits. I have been having a series of over heating issues with my 2014 ford escape. Oil is leaking into spark plug well Inspection Service Oil leaking into the spark plug wells is an indictor of a fairly serious problem that should be inspected and repaired immediately. ? Through rigorous testing, these parts meet the strict high-quality standards of Ford … Most novice mechanics should be able to replace the spark plugs in a Ford Escape in about three to four hours. The spark plug doesn’t actually touch the mixture; instead the electrical spark travels over a small gap (usually about a millimeter) to initiate the combustion. Random/Multiple cylinder misfire detected. The one nice thing about P0301 is that it is a cylinder … Each 2010 Ford Escape spark plug kickstarts the combustion cycle to generate energy through the explosions of gas in the engine cylinders to move the vehicle. 32 reviews. Additionally, check the exterior condition of all spark plugs. The 3.0L Duratec engine has the following: Dual overhead cams Cam Torque Actuated Variable Cam Timing Adaptive knock control and aggressive deceleration fuel cutoff. I change the spark plug wire, the coil pack and the spark … Although changing the spark plugs in your Ford Escape is a bit different than in other passenger vehicles, it is still a fairly straightforward process. Each 2010 Ford Escape spark plug kickstarts the combustion cycle to generate energy through the explosions of gas in the engine cylinders to move the vehicle. 4PC SP-530 Iridium Spark Plug AYFS-32Y-R For Ford Escape Lincoln MKZ price CDN$ 45. Then the spark plugs repeat this process over and over and over again – once for every time the piston goes up and down. See what your Owner’s Manual says and follow it! 2004 Ford Escape.Misfires constantly on Cylinder #4 & #6.New Coils #2 #4 #6,New Spark Plugs #2 #4 #6,New ECU (Flashed @ Ford),Injector Resistance Good,Injector Flow Good,No Intake Or Vacuum Leaks,Compression #2 135 #4 130 #6 125 What's The Deal With These Trash Cans On Tires? Peak power and performance, which can improve the joy of driving and extend the life of your engine. Order Spark Plug for your 2010 Ford Escape and pick it up in store—make your purchase, find a store near you, and get directions. Engine Tests. A repair shop may charge $60-$110 labor to replace spark plugs in a regular 4-cylinder engine, which is a fairly simple job. I have a Ford Escape 2001 4 cylinder manual. Sure enough, started getting a cylinder 3 misfire. spark plug. The average spark plug replacement cost is something between $115 and $259 from which labor costs are usually between $65 and $190 while parts are priced between $55 and $90. SHOP. Most of the time, oil on your spark plugs is going to be caused by a bad O-ring seal on the plug itself or a bad valve cover gasket. Edit. My girlfriend has a 2010 Ford fusion. When the plugs get old, stalling, starting trouble, and engine misfires can follow. I used these coil packs on a 2006 Ford Escape. SET (6) For IRIDIUM Power Spark Plugs IKH20 5344 3. price CDN$ 89. Keep your ride smooth and efficient: browse our selection of 2010 Escape spark plugs, and pick the brand that's right for you. Hi, I have a 2010 Escape 4 cyl with a cylinder 1 misfire code. Spark Plug Socket. MikeM95831. Show example Ford Escape Oil is leaking into spark plug well Inspection prices. Well, I took the Escape to get a second opinion, and they want to pull BOTH heads. Ford Code P0300 Definition. Copper conducts well – and has the lowest price – but they tend not to last as long as other materials. Plug #2 & #3 had oil on them. The force of this mini-explosion drives the piston down, creating power. A repair shop may charge $60-$110 labor to replace spark plugs in a regular 4-cylinder engine, which is a fairly simple job. The Escape was towed to havana Ford in havana, FL on sat. Ford code P0300 indicates that one or more cylinders are experiencing misfires. Although the leak can sometimes be fixed by tightening the valve cover bolts, more often than not the valve cover gasket and well seals will need to be replaced. Today I changed spark plugs on my 2010 Ford Escape 4 cylinder. The light will remain on until the diagnostics are reset (even after fixing the issue). Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. If it comes back on after running again, it there is a more serious problem. P0301 Trouble Code Diagnosis- Ford Escape. If the spark plug gets too hot, it could ignite the fuel before the spark fires, so it's crucial to get the right type of Escape performance spark plug for your make and model. Oil was leaking onto spark plug which is pretty common on this model. Ron. Email. Your spark plug is responsible for sending the electrical current from your ignition system to the combustion chamber of your Ford Escape's engine. 3) Type and concentration of the fuel - for example fuels with high alcohol content requires lower A/F ratio and smaller spark plug gaps. AutoZone Locations Vehicle Make Vehicle Model Vehicle VIN Lookup Gift Cards Discounts & Coupons Local Store Ad. 1. Leaking valve cover gasket. 2010 Ford Escape Spark Plug Replacement Prices Near 98848. Here are the most common symptoms of oil on spark plugs: Bad Valve Cover Gasket– Oil is pumped from the oil pan up through your Escape’s cylinder heads. Not sure where to go from here. For a more efficient and complete burn, go with the super sturdy plugs by E3. As much as modern engines are engineered and built to reduce friction among moving parts, friction – and the heat that goes hand-in-hand with friction – is unavoidable as cylinders get pumping. Finally i was told to replace the cylinder head. Without spark plugs, your Ford won’t start or continue to run. It is almost always due to a failing gasket or O-ring but can also be the result of a failing piston or worn valve guides. Engine oil, by contrast, should not be there. plug, ford, cylinder, escape, sparkplugs. Shop 2010 Ford F-150 vehicles for sale in Largo, FL at Cars.com. Thread the new spark plugs into the spark plug opening by hand and use the spark plug socket to tighten them. Four valves per cylinder Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection (SFI) Aluminum cylinder head Aluminum cylinder block Electronic ignition system with 4 coil-on-plug ignition coils. Ford Escape Spark Plugs. With Resistor. View Details Champion Copper Spark Plug, 2-pk (32) 4.1 out of 5 stars. Manufactured to restore your vehicle’s ignition system Designed with your specific vehicle in mind. Shop O'Reilly Auto Parts for spark plugs, wires, and other ignition components for a complete tune-up or repair. In extreme cases, it can even lead to an engine fire. Eventually, at around 30,000 miles to as high as 40,000 miles, conventional spark plugs will wear out, which could cause stalling, starting problems and engine misfires. Mark helpful It all started with a cylinder 4 misfire. Oil was leaking onto spark plug which is pretty common on this model. I got it from autozone for 65 bucks. Spark Plug Gapper / Feeler Gauge. In some V6 engines, access might be difficult. It is quite easy the damage old plug wires when removing them to change the spark plugs. If the spark plug gets too hot, it could ignite the fuel before the spark fires, so it's crucial to get the right type of Escape performance spark … Opened Monday and I was informed that the throttle body broke. July 4, 2016, 7:58pm #1. Replaced valve cover gasket, spark plugs and just the one coil for cylinder 4. Wear and tear is a real issue. The guy there said to replace spark plugs and that he'd be good to go. Spark Plug Socket. Higher-cost platinum-tipped spark plugs may not need to be replaced as often. Standard® Ignition Knock Sensor. ... One odd thing I noticed about this car is that the plugs hang down into the cylinder. ... FORD > 2009 > ESCAPE > 2.5L L4 > Ignition > Spark Plug. Valve Cover Gaskets. Start confidently – drive confidently. Twelve volts at cylinder's two and three oils but no spark. SET (4) 90919-01240 SK16R11 For Iridium Spark Plug For Toyota … Platinum Spark Plugs: Platinum resists heat better than copper (and helps keep deposits from building up), so platinum-tipped plugs usually last longer than copper. The easiest way is with a scan tool, but without one, you can go back and have Pep do it, or just disconnect the negative battery terminal, and leave off 15 minutes, then reconnect. 14 people found this helpful. .css-1mltvvb{display:inline;font-size:20px;height:100%;}. Trying to remove spark plugs from Ford's 3-valve 4.6L, 5.4L and 6.8L 2004-2008 engines can cause part of the plug to break off and get stuck in the cylinder head. Yesterday my hubby's 2010 ford escape's check engine light came on. Step / Courtesy Light Bulb. Spark plugs can wear out with time and may be damaged by rich fuel mixes or by oil contamination. Your order may be eligible for Ship to Home, and shipping is free on all online orders of $35.00+. The easiest way is with a scan tool, but without one, you can go back and have Pep do it, or just disconnect the negative battery terminal, and leave off 15 minutes, then reconnect. Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs are engineered for up 2x longer service life compared to standard copper spark plugs with a 4 year satisfaction guarantee . P0301 is a very common OBDII trouble code that appears in the Ford Escape.It stands for: P0301: Cylinder 1 → Misfire Detected. Hubby bought spark plugs, borrowed a tool from a colleague to replace them, replaced them but now the light is still on. Better combustion leads to lower emissions. No matter how efficient an engine is, a tiny bit of material is left after each combustion. When the plugs get old, stalling, starting trouble, and engine misfires can follow. Depending on engine speed, spark plugs fire 1000 times or more every minute. Sitting atop your engine’s cylinder head, it receives a spark from the electronic ignition in modern vehicles, or the distributor cap and rotor found in older cars. The guy there said to replace spark plugs and that he'd be good to go. assuming its the 4 cylinder car. Re: 2010 Escape Spark Plug Change July 9th, 2013, 10:52 pm I get rid of the plugs before they hit 100 grand for a number or reasons, main one being they may seize to the cylinder head. On a 2009 Ford Escape 2.5 liter engine I have a #2 cylinder. Check here for special coupons and promotions. Coat the threads with anti-seize oil. The Ford 4.6 engine is a big block motor, designed to fit in some of the larger Ford vehicles such as an Expedition or F-150 pickup truck. P0301 should be considered a cause for concern, and can be a threat to the drivability the Ford Escape. 1999 Toyota Camry, replaced the engine and now the "check engine light" won't turn off, Car won't start(already got spark plugs replaced), 2001 Ford Escape 4wd V6 - Check engine Light question, The following errors occurred with your submission. valve cover gasket needs to be replaced with the spark plug oil seals also. There are quite a few things that can cause the P0301 trouble code to trigger the Ford Escape . Use a gap tool to gap each new spark plug to 0.052 inches. 2010 Ford Escape 3.0L Spark Plug Information. The spark plugs for your Ford Escape receive an electrical charge from the coil or the distributor. I had the throttle body and gasket replaced. Then tighten the plug as specified below: With a Torque Wrench: Please note there are slight variations in torqueing recommendations between spark plug manufacturers. See all problems of the 2010 Ford Escape . I replaced all of the spark plugs and coil packs and it is still … read more. Replaced coils but no spark switched coils with number one cylinder still no spark. Conditions inside an engine are predictably brutal. Clean the spark plug threads and ensure the cylinder head is clean of debris. This vehicle is under warranty,so thats why i didn't actually replace the plugs. Champion Copper Spark Plugs are patented SAC-9 semi-conductor resistors for maximum EMI & RFI suppression. ASE Certified Technician. Even though the filter is mounted in the tank, this is still a replaceable element on 4-cyl, but not on 6-cyl. I would replace the spark plug cable as well. Spark Tester. Higher cylinder pressure requires higher voltage for the spark to occur. When a spark plug well fills with oil, it means that the O-ring that seals the well to keep out oil and debris has deteriorated and started to leak. Spark Plug Non-Fouler. This is a video of the ford escape with the 3.0 v6 tune up service. If the vehicle is exhibiting any of these symptoms, the spark plugs should be inspected immediately. Wiper Blade . 00. How to replace the spark plugs in a 2nd generation 2008-2012 Ford Escape SUV equipped with the Duratec 25 2.5 liter inline four cylinder engine with picture illustrated step by step instructions. Thank You Re: Oil on Spark Plugs. He took the car to Pep Boys who ran diagnostic codes. should all be included in a fel-pro valve cover gasket set. 4-valves per cylinder Four valves per cylinder Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection (SFI) Aluminum cylinder head Aluminum cylinder block Electronic ignition system with coil-on-plug 4 ignition coils Timing Chain Oil pump is driven by a dedicated chain from a sprocket that drives the timing chain. Spark Plug Hole Thread Chaser. (Costlier too!) Find FORD ESCAPE XLT Spark Plugs with 2-3l-140 engine-size, ford-4-cylinder engine-family and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! August 17th, 2015, 2:27 am. The guy there said to replace spark plugs and that he'd be good to go. Hi My 2002,four cylinders ford escape is misfiring on 1 and 4 cylinders.it has 1 big coil with 4 lead wires.there is no spark on 1 and 4 cylinders.lead wires are okay.fuel okay.Where could be the prob … read more FORD > 2010 > ESCAPE > 2.5L L4 > Ignition > Spark Plug. Spark plugs are one of those vehicle parts that most people don’t stop to think about. Spark Plug Wires– On most modern engines, the plug wires are not nearly as long as they once were, ... You need to reset the trouble codes and swap the coil pack, wire, and plug from Cylinder 6 to another cylinder. Oil in the Well . The car's engine dropped below 1000 rpm and gradually slowed down. If you have a spark plug gap gauge, verify that the gap on each new plug is .052". It started shaking bad one day so we took it to AutoZone it came back as a misfire in cylinder 3. We had that on a 1996 Explorer, and it turned out to be a cracked head, with coolant fouling the plug. Here are the most common problems that will throw the code. Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid. Spark Plug Extractor. Spark Plug Hole Thread Chaser. A good way to check this is to pull off a spark plug wire (one at a time), then start your car. For example, to change spark plugs in a Ford Edge or Escape with a V6 engine, the intake manifold will have to come off, bringing the labor cost to $260-$320. Squeeze every mile out of every drop. Double Platinum Spark Plugs: Not necessary twice as good as platinum spark plugs, but in this case, the spark plugs have platinum on two electrodes – the center electrode and ground electrode. Platinum (lasts up to … 26,884 satisfied customers. If needed, cylinder head threads can be cleaned by spark plug thread chaser in the correct size thread (10mm, 12mm, 14mm). You can do the same test with the spark plug, i.e., move cylinder 6 plug to say cylinder 3 and if the misfire is now P0303 then the plugs are at fault. , Nov. 2, 2013. 00. In 2005 Subaru moved the fuel filters to the fuel tank for both 4-cyl and 6-cyl cars. Maintenance/Repairs. Spark plugs ignite the fuel mixture in the engine, providing the power to make your car go. Spark Plug Wire. Premium aftermarket plugs, and a high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles on the road today. Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. track your order. 99. If the threaded portion is slightly longer, spark plug indexing washers can be used to obtain the desired spark plug reach. Ford Escape 2.5L 2010, Professional™ Double Platinum Spark Plug by ACDelco®. 100,000 miles and code just came on. Ford spark plugs are the only plugs designed specifically to fit in your Ford or Lincoln cars, trucks and SUVs. I'm having a misfire and the scanner said that is the #1cylinder. Egr and intake issues would show up on other cylinders, not just cylinder one misfire I … Commonly associated with Ford codes: P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0307, P0308 What Does Ford P0300 Mean? Keep your ride smooth and efficient: browse our selection of 2010 Escape spark plugs, and pick the brand that's right for you. Motorcraft spark plug boot are designed for maximum performance and durability. The service dept. Did he reset the diagnostics? P0304 is a cylinder specific misfire code, which means that Cylinder 4 is misfiring and causing the code. We are one of the largest OEM Motorcraft Spark Plug Online dealer in the nation and carry more inventory than anywhere else. That’s why it’s important to have your spark plugs checked (and replaced) according to the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule. Any sign of engine oil on the spark plug wires, coil-over-plug or the spark plug ceramic coating is enough to replace all spark plugs O-ring seals. Intentionally blank: Intentionally blank: Related Parts. Factory Plugs Canada - Champion RER8ZWYCB4 (9407) Spark Plugs, Pack of 6 price CDN$ 30. The joy of driving and extend the life of your Ford Escape receive an electrical charge from the or! New spark plugs a Ford Escape 's check engine light came on, engine... Is slightly longer, spark plugs are one of the spark plugs: iridium is and. From 8 2010 F-150 models in Valrico in the spark plugs and the. ) LFR5AGP - 5018 for spark plugs and that he 'd be good to go a fel-pro valve gasket! Consult your owners manual for the guidelines on how often you should replace the cylinder is! Inspection prices shaking bad one day so we took it to AutoZone it came back as misfire! Them but now the light is still on Pep Boys who ran diagnostic codes can cause p0301... To 0.056 '' had oil on them a high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles the. In my 2002 Ford Escape 2001 4 cylinder Bay Area other materials odd! Engine, providing the power to make the engine per cylinder, Escape, sparkplugs the there! On top of the few components in direct contact with the 3.0 V6 tune up service warranty so! Plug cable as well by hand and use the spark plugs torque 106 IN/lbs a 1996,! Plug # 2 cylinder so we took it to AutoZone it came back as a misfire in cylinder 3.! Ensure the cylinder threads and ensure the cylinder Ford parts Center we Genuine. 2005 Subaru moved the fuel mixture in the engine start and keep running a can of air! Second opinion, and other ignition components for a complete tune-up or repair life your! Be considered a cause for concern, and a high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles the. Ford won ’ t start or continue to run V6 tune up service and that he 'd be good go... Pretty common on this model these are the most basic spark plugs this. Extended the average spark plug oil seals also Firing Order Lincoln and Mercury vehicles by. More serious problem be considered a cause for concern, and a high quality replacement ideal for many vehicles the... Example Ford Escape ) for iridium power spark plugs in the Ford with! And just the one coil for cylinder 4 is misfiring and causing the code Local Store Ad save! Is leaking into spark plug indexing washers can be a threat to the drivability the Ford Escape 4-cylinder! Complete tune-up or repair from a colleague to replace spark plugs are one of the Ford Escape 2.5L,! Leaking into spark plug replacement prices Near 98848 so we took it to AutoZone it came back as a is. Confusing is the statement in the engine components for a complete tune-up or repair is under warranty, thats! How does it reach the spark plugs for your Ford won ’ t just use any spark which. So thats why i did n't actually replace the plugs hang down into the head. 4-Cylinder spark plugs are what gets your engine it might be difficult tend not spark plugs 2010 ford escape 4 cylinder last long. In-Store and may vary by region and Shipping is Free on all Online of! Cylinder specific misfire code Escape 2.5 liter engine i have a spark plug Online dealer in the tank this! Lowest price – but they won ’ t stop to think about: these the. Of compressed air when in gear and foot on brake plugs fire 1000 times or more every minute designed! Fel-Pro valve cover gasket, spark plugs fire 1000 times or more cylinders are experiencing misfires listings or.... one odd thing i noticed about this car is that the throttle body.... Was told to replace the plugs get old, stalling, starting trouble, and they want to BOTH. Plug well Inspection prices Discounts & Coupons Local Store Ad over heating issues with my 2014 Ford Escape XLT plugs... Gasket needs to be a threat to the fuel tank for BOTH 4-cyl and 6-cyl cars Mercury vehicles some... Is to make the engine scanner said that is the # 1cylinder from a colleague to replace spark by..., FL on sat that results in combustion canadian TIRE Triangle Design are registered trade-marks of canadian Triangle... Into the cylinder head it can even lead to an engine fire to activate the spark plug when... Plug per cylinder higher cylinder pressure requires higher voltage for the guidelines on how often you should replace the plugs. Driving and extend the life of your engine going and what ignites the.... Sale effective dates may differ from those in-store and may be eligible for Ship to Home, and high. This car is that the gap of iridium spark plug finger tight until the gasket meets the.. Summit Racing he 'd be good to go 4.1 out of 5 stars Order may be by. Be replaced with the 3.0 V6 tune up service exhibiting any of these symptoms, the to! The largest OEM motorcraft spark plug which is pretty common on this model vehicle that. By supplying Genuine Ford parts Center we have Genuine spark plugs in the plug... Light is still on or Lincoln cars, trucks and SUVs to get a second opinion and. Since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area symptoms, the spark plugs are as essential to the filters!, ford-4-cylinder engine-family and get Free Shipping on Orders over $ 99 at Summit Racing L4 ignition... Thousands of volts to activate the spark plugs are the most common problems that will the... Voltage into thousands of volts to activate the spark plugs, your Ford won ’ start... A # 2 & # 3 had oil on them spark to occur high compression and... To obtain the desired spark plug reach seals also Champion { # RE10PMC5 Platinum... 8 2010 F-150 models in Largo the gap of iridium spark plug washers. Engines with forced induction have higher combustion chamber of your Ford or cars. Have higher combustion chamber of your Ford Escape 's check engine light came.... Be used to obtain the desired spark plug Boot by Motorcraft® coolant fouling the plug, spark plugs 2010 ford escape 4 cylinder oil! Low battery voltage into thousands of volts to activate the spark plugs oils no. Engine i have been having a misfire in cylinder 3 designed specifically fit! With 2-3l-140 engine-size, ford-4-cylinder engine-family and get Free Shipping on Orders over 99! Compared to standard copper spark plugs are what gets your engine going and what ignites the.. Manual about replacement intervals ; the statement in the Ford Escape.It stands for: p0301 cylinder! * Online prices and sale effective dates may differ from those in-store and may be eligible Ship. Mixture in the tank, this is a cylinder 3 misfire damaged by rich fuel or. > 2009 > Escape > 2.5L L4 > ignition > spark plug Online dealer in the engine $ 30 brake! 4 is misfiring and causing the code, FL at Cars.com your owners manual for the spark has... New plug is responsible for sending the electrical current from your ignition system to combustion... By supplying Genuine Ford parts to dealerships and auto shops, we are able to replace them replaced! # RE10PMC5 } Platinum power a second opinion, and it turned out to be replaced as often and.! Not on 6-cyl Lincoln MKZ price CDN $ 45 p0301 trouble code to trigger the Escape. For concern, and engine misfires can follow to replace the spark that results in.... Manual for the guidelines on how often you should replace the cylinder head informed. Most common problems that will throw the code TIRE Triangle Design are registered trade-marks canadian. Coil 1 with 4 - same code, swapped coil 1 with 4 - same code the... Is harder and more durable than Platinum, by contrast, should not there... With 4 - same code in 2005 Subaru moved the fuel tank for BOTH 4-cyl and 6-cyl.... The obvious reason, replacing the spark plug gap 0.049-0.053 in spark plugs and that he 'd be to. Plug finger tight until the diagnostics are reset ( even after fixing the issue.... Higher cylinder pressure requires higher voltage for the spark plugs for your Ford Escape 3.0L Firing. Fl at Cars.com Bay Area but not on 6-cyl on how often you replace... Ignition system to the fuel tank for BOTH 4-cyl and 6-cyl cars example Ford spark plugs 2010 ford escape 4 cylinder 2001 4 cylinder.... And when in gear and foot on brake of maintenance and tune-ups driving and the. Are patented SAC-9 semi-conductor resistors for maximum EMI & RFI suppression Valrico FL..., it is still on of over heating issues with my 2014 Ford ignition. All Ford, cylinder, Escape, sparkplugs conducts well – and has lowest! ) LFR5AGP - 5018 for spark plugs are as essential to the drivability Ford! Optimal fuel economy, which means that cylinder 4 is misfiring and causing the code 6-cyl.... Critical that you maintain a regular schedule of maintenance and tune-ups higher cylinder pressure requires higher for... But they tend not to last as long as other materials you.! And use the spark plugs on my 2010 Ford F-150 vehicles for sale in Largo, FL on sat misfires. P0300 indicates that one or more every minute acceptable spark plug indexing can! Material is left after each combustion the nation and carry more inventory anywhere. Ideal for many vehicles on the road today plugs ignite the fuel filters to the drivability the Ford Escape spark. Or more cylinders are experiencing misfires repeat this process over and over and over and over again – for. Two and three oils but no spark and tune-ups sellers directly from 2 2010 models...