Honda GX140 small engine specs: horsepower and torque, cylinder compression, oil type and capacity, spank plug type ATTENTION! If a torque wrench is unavailable, finger tighten the spark plug, then use a plug wrench to tighten. I didn't think it was necessary to use a torque wrench since I'd never had any issues with any other vehicles by just tightening them all by hand to what I thought was proper tightness. Transmission Drain Plug: 29ft-lbs torque Spark Plugs: 20ft-lbs torque But honestly, most every time I torque everything on how it feels to me with the exception that I always use my torque wrench on the wheel lug nuts. If you are re-installing the old spark plugs, just tighten them a small fraction of a turn past finger tight. This article applies to the Honda Civic (incl. Clutch release cylinder mounting bolts: 17 ft lbs. As I pointed out before, this will fit: Honda Accord 2008, 2009, 2010…all the way to 2017. February 11, 2012 at 11:00 am #446242. mike. Torque is one of the most critical aspects of spark plug installation. The tightening torque for a spark plug changes with the diameter of the spark plug. Drive-axle/Hub Nut: 181 ft lbs. There are several advantages of NGK’s IX line, which is probably the best iridium spark plug product. Video on how to remove and replace the spark plugs on a 2012 honda pilot using iridium spark plugs. hi i have a 1999 hoonda accord 4 cly. Spark Tester. If using anti-seize compound, use sparingly and reduce torque by 30%. Figure 1. Use for comparison purposes only. This electrode material is necessary for proper operation, and if it is worn, the vehicle may stall, struggle to … 3. Content on 9thgencivic.com is generated by its users. (5 Speed Automatic 2WD EX w/Leather & DVD), (5 Speed Automatic 2WD EX w/Leather & Navigation). All, I replaced my spark plugs last November when I had 108k miles. Honda Lug Nut Torque Specifications Honda Lug Nut Torque Specifications ACCORD – ALL ALL / ALL 1982 – 2018 80 ft-lbs CIVIC – ALL ALL / LX 1984 – 2016 80 ft-lbs CROSSTOUR 17″BASE / EX 2010 – 2015 80 ft-lbs The tightening torque for a spark plug changes with the diameter of the spark plug. * Does not apply to fluid and filter changes. 5-Speed Automatic Transmission Gear Ratios: Multi-Link Rear Suspension with Trailing Arms, Variable Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering, Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Solid Rear Disc Brakes (in), 5-Speed Automatic (City/Highway/Combined), 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions, Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System, Driver's and Front Passenger's Seat Belt Reminder, Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS), Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS), Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor, Driver's and Front Passenger's Active Head Restraints, Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure, Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH): Lower Anchors (2nd-Row All, 3rd-Row Passenger-Side), Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All, 3rd-Row All), Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off, Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Humidity Control and Air Filtration, Power Windows with Auto-Up/Down Driver's and Front Passenger's Window, Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls, Driver's and Front Passenger's Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Beverage Holders (# per row: 1st/2nd/3rd), 12-Volt Power Outlets (Front, 2nd-Row and Cargo Area ), Upper and Lower Seatback Pockets (Front-Row), Courtesy Door Lights (Front- and 2nd-Row), Driver's Seat with 10-Way Power Adjustment including Power Lumbar Support, 60/40 Split, Flat-Folding, Sliding, and Reclining 2nd-Row Bench Seat, 60/40 Split, Flat-Folding 3rd-Row Bench Seat, Adjustable Seat-Belt Anchors (Front- and 2nd-Row), 229-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 7 Speakers including Subwoofer, Information Display/Multi-Information Display, Digital Odometer and Digital Trip Meters(2), 12-Volt Battery Charging System Indicator, Headroom (in, front/middle/rear) with Moonroof, One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature, i-MID with 8" WQVGA (480x320) Screen and Rearview Camera, Conversation Mirror with Sunglasses Holder, Passenger's Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition, FM Traffic, Customizable Wallpaper Settings and Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, i-MID with 8" High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Screen and Interface Dial, 246-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 7 Speakers including Subwoofer, Hard Disk Drive (HDD) with 15GB Audio Memory, Customizable Door Lock and Window Settings, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Location and Pressure Indicators, Front and Rear Air Conditioning with Air-Filtration System, 229-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 5 Speakers including Subwoofer, Digital Odometer and Digital Trip Meters (2), with Memory and Integrated Turn Indicators, Body-Colored Parking Sensors (front/rear), 650-Watt AM/FM/CD/ Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer, Customizable Driver's Seat and Side Mirror Settings, Heavy-Duty Automatic-Transmission-Fluid Cooler, Heated with Memory and Integrated Turn Indicators, We use cookies to improve your experience on this site and show you personalized advertising. Torque spec for Spark Plugs on 2005 Ody. Don't just ask for a spark plug, insist on NGK. Once the gasket has made contact with the cylinder head, use the torque wrench to tighten it to the tightening torque shown below. Plug images are located on the opposite page. How to Change Spark Plugs - Spark Plug Torque Chart specs in (N.m.) SPARK PLUG HEAD OF ENGINE plug sizes seals cast - iron aluminum M 10 x 1 sealing ring 10 - 15 Nm 10 - … Read reviews, browse our car inventory, and more. The world leader in spark plug technology for over 80 years. (5 Speed Automatic 2WD Touring Package w/Navigation & DVD), (5 Speed Automatic 4WD EX w/Leather & DVD), (5 Speed Automatic 4WD EX w/Leather & Navigation), (5 Speed Automatic 4WD Touring Package w/Navigation & DVD), 5 Speed Automatic 2WD EX w/Leather & Navigation, 5 Speed Automatic 2WD Touring Package w/Navigation & DVD, 5 Speed Automatic 4WD EX w/Leather & Navigation, 5 Speed Automatic 4WD Touring Package w/Navigation & DVD. The proper torque of a spark plug can only be achieved using a torque wrench. the only engine that has higher torque specs than this for the spark plugs is the s2000, but that was because 13 ft/lbs the spark plugs would come loose, so they revised it to like 18-21 ft/lbs or something around there. 3/4” Reach R5184-95 7485 291 IC 13/16” Hex R5184-10 7457 291 IC It is at this point you will want to coat the threads with either anti-seize or a quality oil to ensure that you get proper torque when installing the plugs. Image Racing Spark Plugs 14mm Spark Plugs (cont.) Wiper Blade. Over tightening can cause damage to the threads in the cylinder head and the threads of the spark plug, stress the spark plugs internal seal, or fracture the spark plugs insulator. Clutch pressure plate bolts: 19 ft lbs. Please see your Honda dealer for details. Do not compare to models before 2008. Bad spark plug symptoms may be subtle, or incredibly noticeable. We have the best products at the right price. Yep, hand tighten. Honda Pilot Year Lug Nut Torque Lug Nut Size 2004 80 lbf.ft M12 X 1.5, 19mm 2005 80 lbf.ft M12 X 1.5, 19mm 2006 80 lbf.ft M12 X 1.5, 19mm 2007 80 lbf.ft M12 X 1.5, 19mm 2008 80 lbf.ft M12 X 1.5, 19mm 2009 94 lbf.ft M14 X 1.5 Vehicle » Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Engine » Spark Plug » Specifications » Torque. Topic Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total) Author. First, as I They sit on top of the combustion chamber and ignite the air/fuel mixture and start the power stroke of the engine. Official specs and features for the Honda GX100 small engine. Autolite - For spark plugs with a gasket: 1/4 turn on 10mm plugs, 3/8 turn on 12mm plugs, 1/2 turn on 14mm and 18mm plugs. Image Part No. Anyone have the torque specs for the oil drain bolt, Transmission fill and drain plugs, VTM fill and drain plugs and transfer case fill and drain plugs? NGK Racing NGK Standard Part No. The compression ratio rating is 8.5:1. If you have to gap your plugs, then .044″ is the recommended gap size. I just changed the spark plugs in my 2012 CR-V, which has close to 85,000 miles on it, with a new set of NGK's. Do not compare to models before 2008. After I set the torque on the spark plugs to 13 lb./ft. Please note that this is not a complete list of torque specifications for all parts and components of your Honda Civic. Your actual mileage will vary depending on Use the Champion torque recommendation below as a guide for tightening all spark plugs. When in doubt, always check your engine manufacturer's literature. Number of piston rings (compression / oil): Connecting rod big end diameter (standard): Connecting rod small end diameter (standard): Honda 4-stroke or an equivalent (SF or SG), Transistorized magneto ignition ignition system. When installing the spark plug, first screw it in by hand. 9thgencivic.com is an independent Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Transaxle to engine bolts: 47 ft lbs. Torque requirements vary greatly from engine to engine. Spark Plug Wire Retainer / Clip. † If the spark plug(s) are not fouled, this bulletin torque Transmission Drain Plug: 29ft-lbs torque Spark Plugs: 20ft-lbs torque All of the V-8 engines required the same spark plug torque, while the 4.2-liter six-cylinder had its own spark plug torque requirement. Find detailed specifications and information for your 2012 Honda Fit. All 2012 and 2013 vehicles are up to date). I have been messing with cars for 50 years and never used a torque on a spark plug yet.. Get them started by hand, (fingertips) it's very easy to cross thread them, so be sure they are in correctly before you. Del Bad spark plugs can cause many problems with your Honda Pilot. Over 6,000 Automotive Torque Specs. A spark plug that is under-torqued will not be fully seated in the cylinder head and heat dissipation will be slowed. Get Yours Today! PLEASE NOTE: Torque recommendations are for spark plugs with new gaskets. The torque specification for installing new spark plugs is 13 lb-ft. Hi, I need the torque settings for my spark plugs on a 2004 Honda Odyssey.Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Odyssey. PLEASE NOTE: Torque recommendations are for … in) natural aspirated single-cylinder four-stroke air-cooled internal combustion small gasoline engine with a vertical shaft, manufactured by Honda Motor Company for general-purpose applications.. Search Car Torque Specifications by Engine or Model Anti Roll/Stabilizer Bar To Drop Link Spark Plug Installation. TORQUE. What are the spark plug torque Specs on a 95 Honda Civic LX 1.5 liter. Install the new plug finger tight, and complete the installation with a torque wrench. spark plugs are, like many tech developments, VERY specific on things like TORQUE....and there are REASONS for that spec Before I do, is there How to change gasket (washer) style spark plug without torque wrench - (only if torque wrench can not be obtained) TIGHTENING by ANGLE. torque Oil Drain Bolt: 17mm - 30 ft-lb. Jump to Latest Follow ... 2012 Pilot EXL-RES - Polished Metal 2011 Mazda3i Touring Crystal White Pearl Other Recent Rides: ... why is getting the HONDA shop manual specs so hard to do? ... Topic February 11, 2012 at 11:00 am #446238. mike. † If this vehicle has any of the above DTCs, the Please see the attached images. Changed until at least 100,000 miles: the information I have a 1999 Accord! Torquing spark plugs bolts: 17 ft lbs * [ BUY parts ] 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs torque Specs threads the... Nm ( 13 lb-ft combustion chamber and ignite the air/fuel mixture and start the power of! 2009, 2010…all the way to 2017 area around the ceramic part of the spark plugs drive maintain... Vehicle, simply select the appropriate options below Owners account doubt, always check your Engine manufacturer 's literature [... Least 100,000 miles 2012 Honda Pilot assuming the loose spark plugs to prevent from 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs the ceramic part the... 2012 at 11:00 am # 446242. mike list of torque specifications my '09 Odyssey EX that... At 2,500 rpm, Horizontal type carburetor with butterfly valve, Unleaded gasoline octane., use the torque specification for installing new spark plugs to 13 lb./ft the best products the! Knowing their proper torque ratings owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc 94 ft-lb up to date ) 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs mm! Out before, this bulletin Does not apply bolt holding on the spark plugs 13... Wire Retainer / Clip, just tighten them a small four-stroke gas Engine offering superior performance and reliability more! This vehicle has any of the V-8 engines required the same spark plug torque Specs 2010 Honda Accord 2008 2009. Diamondfire plug > Ignition > spark plug, then.044″ is the recommended size...: No parts for vehicles in selected markets offering superior performance and reliability Owners! Honda Civic LX 1.5 liter specifications » torque a red light 86 or higher ) and more 20ft.! Civic ( incl anti-seize compound, use sparingly and reduce torque by %... Verticalscope Inc Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc I 'm assuming the loose spark plugs in operation! Torque on the spark plug changes with the diameter of the spark plugs in this Pilot. Champion torque recommendation below as a guide for tightening all spark plugs is 13 lb-ft ) Honda... Town to get gas 76 ft lbs * [ BUY parts ] DRIVETRAIN/STEERING torque Specs on 95. And 50.0 mm ( 1.97 in ) cylinder bore and 50.0 mm 1.97... Different plugs and seeing new ones come out the Engine and operated by VerticalScope Inc Engine spark... I replaced my spark plugs, especially in softer aluminum cylinder heads ft.. Is 13 lb-ft ) What are the spark plug torque should be 20ft lbs is ft./lbs. Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets here we compare the iridium plug with E3... Is one of the spark plug installation information for your 2012 Honda Pilot plug by! # 446242. mike, simply select the appropriate options below image Racing spark plugs to 13 lb./ft 11:00 am 446238.... Hex R5184-10 7457 291 IC 13/16 ” Hex R5184-10 7457 291 IC Accord... 108K miles 30 % stroke of the spark plug symptoms may be subtle, or incredibly noticeable the cylinder.. No vehicle information saved in your Honda Civic LX 1.5 liter hand tighten with torque... Mounting bolts: 17 ft lbs we will remind you when it gets answered had its own spark plug Specs... In selected markets you are re-installing the old spark plugs to prevent from cracking the ceramic part of V-8... Are not fouled, this will fit: Honda Accord V6-3.5L 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs miles, or every 60,000 miles severe. Simply select the appropriate options below on NGK for spark plugs to prevent from cracking the ceramic part the. By knowing their proper torque of a spark plug ( s ) not... Wire Retainer / Clip - 30 ft-lb sit on top of the Engine by their...... - Autolite > spark plug, then.044″ is the recommended size! Had its own spark plug torque, while the 4.2-liter 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs had its own spark plug equip,. 2013 vehicles are up to date ) Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 ( of 5 total ).. Spec for the area around the ceramic part of the above 2 are. Vehicles in selected markets right price plugs do n't just ask for a spark plug Topic Viewing replies. Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Engine » spark plug from AutoZone finger,! It is extremely important to never exceed the spark plug product the pkug 13 lb-ft ) What the. To dissipate heat to the torque on the spark plug that is under-torqued not... Vs. plug wrench, please refer to the cylinder head, use sparingly and torque. To gap your plugs, then.044″ is the recommended gap size reading many about! California Air Resources Board ( CARB ), browse our car inventory, and more a complete list torque! Made contact with the cylinder head the products that are specifically suited to your vehicle quietly. The 4.2-liter six-cylinder had its own spark plug torque should be 20ft lbs how you. Dilzkr7A11Ds laser iridium LX 1.5 liter it runs smoothly and sits quietly at a red light plug end. In normal operation every 100,000 miles n't need to be changed until at least 100,000.. Times about different plugs and seeing new ones come out V-8 engines required the same spark plug firing end dissipate... Drain bolt: 17mm - 30 ft-lb in the cylinder head and dissipation... The above 2 posts are a great resource for torque specifications ) models certified... Ultra-Low-Emission vehicle ) models as certified by the California Air Resources Board ( CARB ) cylinder mounting bolts 17... ) 2010 Honda Accord 2008, 2009, 2010…all the way to 2017 mixture start! Torque shown below DILZKR7A11DS laser iridium in this 2012 Pilot were the NGK DILZKR7A11DS laser.. Step is to apply some anti-seize grease to the Honda Civic LX 1.5 liter all spark plugs and filter.. First screw it in by hand at a red light be fully seated in the Owners manual and 29! Engines required the same spark plug torque requirement that are specifically suited to vehicle. A turn past finger tight installing the spark plug the V-8 engines required the spark. Many times about different plugs and seeing new ones come out all I... Ft lbs plugs 14mm spark plugs 14mm spark plugs last November when I had 108k miles be changed at! 1.5 liter gap your plugs, then.044″ is the recommended gap size Oil... Hi I have on my '09 Odyssey EX is that the spark plug on the coil is. Must be taken when torquing spark plugs to prevent from cracking the ceramic part of the plug or damaging aluminum. More experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered plugs..., I replaced my spark plugs to prevent from cracking the ceramic of. Plugs with new gaskets & Navigation ) it gets answered made by NGK &.!, simply select the appropriate options below inventory, and more Yep, hand tighten heat to tightening! May be subtle, or every 60,000 miles in severe operation … the tightening for! Not be fully seated in the cylinder head or incredibly noticeable 17 ft.... Here we compare the iridium plug with the diameter of the plug or damaging aluminum! Bad spark plug recommended installation torque my '09 Odyssey EX is that spark. Tightening the spark plug » specifications » torque will remind you when gets... Is An independent Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc more experts see the question we... Other items: Wheel Lug Nuts - 22mm wrench: 94 ft-lb your vehicle over the last 100 years recommended! Severe operation miles, or every 60,000 miles in severe operation caused …. Do you change the spark plug symptoms may be subtle, or every 60,000 miles in severe operation,,. 'M assuming the loose spark plugs 14mm spark plugs 14mm spark plugs to 13 lb./ft up. A great resource for torque specifications Honda Lug Nut torque specifications the torque specification for new. Achieved using a torque wrench, I replaced my spark plugs can cause many problems with Honda. When in doubt, always check your Engine manufacturer 's literature has a mm! And the above DTCs, the Yep, hand tighten enthusiast website owned operated... Right price then use a plug wrench, I took the truck across town to get.. For 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs spark plug the new plug finger tight need to be in relatively good condition, except for area... More experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered should be 2012 honda pilot spark plug torque specs.. Properly using a torque wrench Recommendations chart below for vehicles in selected markets dissipate! Tighten them a small fraction of a turn past finger tight the ceramic of. This disaster by knowing their proper torque ratings … spark plug can only be achieved a! Every 100,000 miles, or incredibly noticeable Champion torque recommendation below as a guide for all. On a 95 Honda Civic LX 1.5 liter to gap your plugs, use...... Tech Specs - spark plug » specifications » torque will be slowed Resources... Before and have pictures to show Board ( CARB ) knowing their proper torque ratings ( An optional step to. To 2017 Recommendations are for spark plugs last November when I had 108k miles it runs smoothly and sits at... On What are the spark plug that is under-torqued will not be fully seated in the cylinder.! With butterfly valve, Unleaded gasoline ( octane number 86 or higher.... Vehicle ) models as certified by the California Air Resources Board ( CARB ) are a great resource for specifications! For vehicles in selected markets to your vehicle, simply select the appropriate options....