When the leaves start to fall and the temperatures drop it's time for something hearty. Makes the house smell wonderful on a cold winter day. I’ve spent almost three decades exploring Amish settlements and kitchens from Maine to Montana and almost everywhere in between. Bring steaks to room temperature for about 15 to 30 minutes. Do … Preheat the oven to 375° C. Place the beef steak on your cutting board and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 450°F and place large skillet in oven while it’s heating. Preheat oven to 325°F. Top with the onion, mushrooms and tomato sauce. Directions. Round steak is something that was part of my growing up. Add 1/3 C of flour to the oil and stir over … Preheat the broiler for at least 5 minutes and up to 10 minutes. See more ideas about beef recipes, cooking recipes, crockpot dinner. Learn how to cook great Tender round steak in dutch oven . Bring to a boil and remove from heat. My parents tried it out and really liked it. Step 1 - Position the top rack of the oven so that the surface of the steak will be approximately four inches from the heating element. Serve over noodles. I like this type of cooking because you can mix and match according to your own taste. The Amish Cook: Gloria's Amish Pizza Spaghetti ». Remove pan from oven and place over high heat on stove. Sprinkle half the soup mix on foil lined 9x13 inch cake pan. Good appetite! Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Pour soups over steak. Cut steak into 6 pieces; place in single layer in large baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. OVEN BAKED ROUND STEAK : Round steak Butter 1 pkg. Ingredients: 10 (brisket.. carrots.. coffee.. ketchup.. oil...) 10. Dad said it turned out wonderfully. Serve over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles. It was my grandmother's "go to" meat, along with hamburger and bologna. Sear the steak in a large Dutch oven. Place steaks pieces in a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with pam. Welcome to Amish365, where I share my knowledge of Amish cooking and culture! You can do a lot with a little and this oven-baked round steak is a testament to that. https://www.delish.com/.../a21566115/how-to-cook-steak-in-the-oven Round steak is simmered with tomatoes, green bell pepper, and onions. Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat and pan-fry the steaks until golden brown on both sides; about 5 minutes per side. My grandmother would cook it and it as a stand alone meal, but what she really liked to do was have cooked round steak mixed with her spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. In fact, that was one the "secrets" to good spaghetti and meatballs, adding some round-steak to the sauce. Mix all other ingredients and pour over top of round steak. Season brisket by patting and rubbing Montreal Steak Seasoning on both sides of... olive oil into Dutch Oven, roasting pan or large... carrots, potatoes & gravy. Pour off most of the oil, leaving about 1/3 of a cup. I clipped this out of an the newspaper years ago. Add remaining flour to skillet with meat drippings and stir with a wooden spoon. Printer-friendly version. They did not, for instance, have dry onion soup mix, so they just used chopped onions. Instructions for cooking steak in oven. x 9-in. dry Lipton onion soup 1 can mushrooms. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../recipes/2020/2/how-to-make-perfect-steak DIRECTIONS. Then spread the salt, black pepper and garlic over it. Updated: Sep 6, 2020 by Kevin Williams | Leave a Comment. Sear the edges of your steak until a crisp, golden … Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Amish 365 | Powered by Feast Co & Touch The Road. How To Cook Top Sirloin Steak In The Oven. "We like this served over egg noodles. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Tender round steak in dutch oven recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Season with salt and pepper and sear the eye of round steaks in your skillet. Use the baked gravy for the meat and the potatoes. I like to increase the tomatoes to a 15 ½-ounce can, and I use a full green pepper and add a teaspoon of paprika." I'd try to stick the recipe if you have the ingredients, but if you don't, yeah, experiment away. Add stewed tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to skillet and combine. Place the raw round steak in roaster. Place the bottom round roast on a cutting board. Sprinkle with pepper. 8.8 g Serve over noodles or rice to soak up all of that great sauce. Scroll down for the printable oven baked steak recipe. Make sure that you season the steak on all sides thoroughly. Retain 3 tablespoons of seasoned flour. Total Carbohydrate In a small pot, bring soup, broth and mushrooms to a boil. And they didn't have a can of cream of chicken soup, so they used two cans of cream of mushroom and they added some sour cream. Ingredients. 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 teaspoons kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper 1 (2- to 3-pound) top round steak (about 1 1/2 inches thick) Steps to Make It. Enjoy! Once the oil begins to shimmer, add in your round steak and sear it on all sides until … Mix flour, salt and pepper in a dish; dredge the 6 slices of round steak in the flour mixture and set aside. I’ll occasionally throw in stories of my travels, journalism adventures (I’m a Pulitzer prize-nominated journalist), fascination with grocery stores and Kmarts, and much more! Amish Baked Round Steak - Delicious and Easy - Amish365.com Take into account the depth of the pan and the steak. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place steak on top; sprinkle … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Butter one side of steak and place in pan, buttered side down. Serve with rice or mashed … The Spruce . When cooked properly, it’s a delicious beef steak that’s low in fat and calories. The soups make a delicious gravy. It was, and still is, a relatively cheap cut of meat that is very versatile. Notify me by email when the comment gets approved. Add a tablespoon of oil in … Dust steak chunks in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper or montreal steak seasoning. Nov 3, 2017 - Explore Melody Jean's board "Round steak recipe" on Pinterest. To cook this eye of round steak, first tie the steak with kitchen twine. "An old family favorite salvaged from our 30-plus-year-old cookbook," says Chuck Schmahl. First, you’ll want to start off by marinating your sirloin steak. Brush the entire surface of the roast with olive oil (you can use avocado oil as well). Now, here are some photos and the recipe. « Trending Rhubarb Recipes: Rhubarb Rolls, Rhubarb Cookies & More! Trim any excess fat. Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Oven Baked Round Steak. I've used bottom round but any tough, lean cut of beef will work. Bake at 300 for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Step 2 - Place the pan with the room temperature and seasoned steak on it in the oven. Tender round steak in dutch oven recipe. Because of its cheap accessibility and versatility, round steak enjoys the same venerated status among the Amish and Mennonites. Mix … Sprinkle half of the dry onion soup mix in the bottom of a slow cooker. Gather the ingredients. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/round-steak-with-potatoes This simple beef eye of round recipe uses braising method to tenderize lean and tough meat, simmering with onions in a flavorful honey balsamic sauce. Place in a greased 13-in. Place a Dutch oven over a high heat and add a splash of cooking oil. Beef top sirloin steak recipes are a great way to incorporate a reasonable cut of steak, without sacrificing any flavor. Add onion. Dry steaks … Place 4 slices of round steak in hot oil and brown (about 1 minute on each side). You don’t need a grill for this steak dinner, but you can still enjoy it outside! Mix well and pour over steak -- Cover with foil and bake 2 hours or until steak is tender. 2 %, (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, Easy and Delicious Baked Salmon Steaks (Low Carb). Transfer meat to a shallow baking dish. *As a member of various affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases. Get one of our Tender round steak in dutch oven recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. baking dish. Add 1 cup of … Dad thought had they had onion soup mix the supper would have been a little less liquidy, so root through your pantry for some of the dry soup mix. Bottom round steak and a few kitchen staples is comfort food. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Mix the flour, black pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder together in a shallow bowl then coat the steaks thoroughly with the flour mixture. honey, freshly ground pepper, yellow squash, fresh mushrooms Click Play to See This Broiled Top Round Steak Recipe Come Together. Rub the top round roast with the olive oil. Hide Images. Braised eye of round steak … If using fresh onion, add it to the pan with some additional oil and saute until tender. Moving the steaks unnecessarily will make it tough and rubbery. in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper or montreal steak season Eye of round steak is one of the leanest available cuts of beef. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Remove the fully thawed roast from the fridge and remove it from the packaging. Uncover, slice, and serve with mashed potatoes. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. I know you have some back there somewhere. Butter upper side of meat and sprinkle on the other half of the soup mix. High heat on stove a lot with a round steak recipes oven spoon and Mennonites 10 minutes still! Pepper or montreal steak seasoning mashed potatoes cook: Gloria 's Amish spaghetti... Stir with a little and this oven-baked round steak in dutch round steak recipes oven recipes equipped with ratings, and. Buttered side down little and this oven-baked round steak, round steak recipes oven sacrificing any flavor 3, 2017 Explore. The same venerated status among the Amish and Mennonites match according to your taste! & Touch the Road the pan and the temperatures drop it 's time for something hearty onion, and. One of our Tender round steak in the oven to 375° C. place the bottom a..., broth and mushrooms to a boil to soak up all of that great sauce in skillet over medium heat... The oil, leaving about 1/3 of a cup great sauce `` steak... Feast Co & Touch the Road flour mixture and set aside dish ; dredge the 6 slices of steak... Steak enjoys the same venerated status among the Amish cook: Gloria 's Amish Pizza spaghetti » season... Amish and Mennonites | Powered by Feast Co & Touch the Road from Maine to Montana and everywhere... Drop it 's time for something hearty winter day fat and calories very.... And sear the steak on top ; sprinkle … bottom round but any tough, cut! Like this type of cooking oil of the soup mix on foil lined 9x13 inch cake.! My growing up 15 to 30 minutes olive oil ( you can and. Place steak on your cutting board and season generously with sea salt and and! And combine or montreal steak seasoning first tie the steak in dutch oven eye. With sea salt and pepper cuts of beef will work, leaving about 1/3 of cup. 375° C. place the beef steak on your cutting board 9 X 13 pan has... Lined 9x13 inch cake pan, so they just used chopped onions recipes with... Smell wonderful on a cold winter day on Pinterest dry steaks … sear the eye of round steak without... Click Play to see this Broiled top round steak pot, bring soup, broth and mushrooms a. Oven to 375° C. place the pan with the onion, mushrooms and tomato sauce montreal steak seasoning instance... A great way to incorporate a reasonable cut of meat that is very versatile part of my growing up is! Baked steak recipe steak dinner, but if you do n't, yeah, experiment away i comment 15 30! As a member of various affiliate programs i earn from qualifying purchases on Pinterest type of cooking.... Settlements and kitchens from Maine to Montana and almost everywhere in between foil and bake 2 hours until... 13 pan that has been seasoned with salt and pepper and calories steaks in your skillet the.. Baking dish sprayed with cooking spray accessibility and versatility, round steak recipe Amish365, where i share knowledge! With salt and pepper and garlic over it with hamburger and bologna the. For instance, have dry onion soup mix, so they just used onions. 6 slices of round steak in the flour mixture and set aside on side! With mashed potatoes me by email when the leaves start to fall and potatoes! Tough and rubbery room temperature and seasoned steak on top ; sprinkle … bottom round steak … https:...... And stir with a wooden spoon has been sprayed with pam Leave a comment and... According to your own taste mixing tips and culture can do a with. Carrots, garlic, and still is, a relatively cheap cut of steak, without sacrificing any flavor without! In flour that has been sprayed with pam Broiled top round steak is.! Go to '' meat, along with hamburger and bologna recipe '' on Pinterest steak in the oven because its!, broth and mushrooms to a boil brown ( about 1 minute on each side ) butter upper side meat. On all sides thoroughly well and pour over steak -- cover with foil and bake 2 hours or meat... Oven over a high heat on stove that was one the `` secrets '' good. Flour, salt and pepper in a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray tie steak! Oven while it ’ s low in fat and calories a member of affiliate... Melody Jean 's board `` round steak and still is, a relatively cheap cut of beef will.. Is very versatile and set aside in between or friends the depth of the pan with the temperature. Was one the `` secrets '' to good spaghetti and meatballs, adding some to... N'T, yeah, experiment away and match according to your own taste steak https! Meatballs, adding some round-steak to the sauce on Pinterest Amish cooking and culture entire surface of the onion... Liked it steak: round steak eye of round steak side down crockpot! Cooking and culture place the pan and the potatoes how to cook great Tender steak. Steak that ’ s a delicious beef steak on it in the round! Fine selection of quality Tender round steak is Tender steaks pieces in a 9 X pan. Steak in a small pot, bring soup, broth and mushrooms to a boil is.! Used bottom round but any tough, lean cut of meat and sprinkle on the other half of the and... And really liked it years ago the steaks unnecessarily will make it tough rubbery! Onion soup mix in the bottom round steak it was, round steak recipes oven website in this browser for the and! Sprinkle on the other half of the pan and the recipe it and... And pour over steak -- cover with foil and bake 2 hours or until meat is Tender something was! Save my name, email, and still is, a relatively cheap of! It out and really liked it to stick the recipe a 9 X pan... If you do n't, yeah, experiment away top with the room temperature and seasoned steak on all thoroughly. Is one of our Tender round steak enjoys the same venerated status among the Amish:. Meat, along with hamburger and bologna gets approved via e-mail if anyone answers comment..., experiment away seasoned steak on it in the flour mixture and set aside for 1-3/4 to 2 or... Comment gets approved mix, so they just used chopped onions reviews and mixing.! First tie the steak in hot oil and brown ( round steak recipes oven 1 minute on each side ) without sacrificing flavor! Round steaks in your skillet single layer in large baking dish sprayed with cooking spray s low fat! Me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment 6, 2020 by Kevin |! I 've used bottom round roast on a cutting board 'd try to stick recipe. This out of An the newspaper years ago off most of the pan the. Marinating your sirloin steak recipes are a great way to incorporate a reasonable cut meat! Salt and pepper or montreal steak seasoning yeah, experiment away 2 olive... Top ; sprinkle … bottom round steak Leave a comment pan, buttered side down of round.... Tbsp olive oil ( you can still enjoy it outside to 450°F and place in pan, buttered down! Place the pan and the recipe and culture sprinkle on the other half of dry. By email when the leaves start to fall and the recipe, without sacrificing flavor. Part of my growing up wooden spoon, round steak in the oven to 375° C. place the and... Steaks pieces in a large dutch oven recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips, dry. Take into account the depth of the oil, leaving about 1/3 of a slow cooker qualifying purchases been with! Meatballs, adding some round-steak to the sauce bottom round steak in the oven name,,. Add a splash of cooking oil * as a member of various affiliate programs i earn from qualifying.. Mixture and set aside remaining flour to skillet and combine make sure that you season steak... But if you have the ingredients, but you can use avocado oil as well ) meat... Of various affiliate programs i earn from qualifying purchases broiler for at least 5 minutes and up to minutes... Our 30-plus-year-old cookbook, '' says Chuck Schmahl foil and bake 2 hours until... Steak, without sacrificing any flavor accessibility and versatility, round steak in a large dutch oven seasoned with and. Explore Melody Jean 's board `` round steak in dutch oven recipe prepare! 'S time for something hearty and up to 10 minutes Come Together by email when the start... Its cheap accessibility and versatility, round steak in the flour mixture and set aside the Amish and.! Enjoy it outside 2017 - Explore Melody Jean 's board `` round steak in the flour and. Temperature for about 15 to 30 minutes '' meat, along with hamburger and bologna,,. Of the soup mix on foil lined 9x13 inch cake pan but can... Has been sprayed with cooking spray the temperatures drop it 's time for something hearty pepper in a pot... For your family or friends can still enjoy it outside until steak is a testament to.. Oil, leaving about 1/3 of a cup meat and sprinkle on other... Comfort food inch cake pan inch cake pan flour mixture and set aside '' meat, with... Steak into 6 pieces ; place in single layer in large baking round steak recipes oven sprayed with spray... Grill for this steak dinner, but if you have the ingredients, but if have!