Place croutons in a resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin until fine crumbs form or place in a food processor. Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence on top and place into the oven. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan … Preheat oven to 400°. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt … Required fields are marked *. Trim the asparagus. Buy Now. Once asparagus has roasted for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. While the asparagus is roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Give it a stir to get it mixed together good. delicious – healthy crunchy and fresh from the farmers’ market – happy easter and happy wedding planning! The moral of the story is, use whatever Parmesan you like best and are most comfortable paying for. How To Make Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Panko & Feta. I love that crispy topping! Join us by email to get all the deliciousness right in your inbox. Take it to the next level with crunchy Parmesan cheese on top! Broil 2 minutes; drizzle with lemon juice and melted butter. Mix … I LOVE asparagus season. Every way you look there is some brightly colored ingredient just waiting to be made into something fabulous. Sprinkle the roasted asparagus evenly with the Parmesan crumb mixture. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground … This Roasted Asparagus with Crunchy Parmesan Topping is super flavorful -- and super easy to make. 2. Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Place breaded Asparagus on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. I’ll definitely need more vegetables after Easter has passed! Roast for 15 minutes until just tender. Personally, I like the "snap" method best. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the asparagus. Place asparagus in the dish … Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese. This. Try to get all the stalks the same length so that they’ll cook evenly. While asparagus roasts, combine Panko, Parmesan, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. It is too tempting and we always buy a ton. Serve immediately. Love roasted asparagus? http://pointlessmeals.blogspot.ca/2011/05/grilled-balsamic-flank-steak.html, https://whatsgabycooking.com/lemon-panko-parmesan-asparagus/, http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/tangy-lime-shrimp/. While asparagus roasts, combine Panko, Parmesan, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. WGC product line carried exclusively at Williams Sonoma, What's Gaby Cooking Ashleigh Template designed by Georgia Lou Studios. So we decided to head-to-head taste test a batch of this asparagus prepared with freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano vs. a batch prepared with grocery store brand pre-shredded Parmesan. If you click the "notify me" checkbox {which is optional}, your e-mail is also collected. Place asparagus on baking sheet and cook for 6 minutes on the top oven rack then move to a lower rack for the last 6 minutes. Simple and delicious! Clicking "publish" to submit your comment indicates your explicit consent for name collection. OMG, this looks so delicious! Asparagus spears topped with a buttery Panko crumb mixture with parmesan cheese and garlic, then roasted and broiled (or grilled) until deliciously crispy with SO MUCH FLAVOUR. Pretty easy, right? Roll asparagus until coated well. Eat What You Want Panko bread crumbs, grated or shredded Parmesan, a little olive oil, and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray or oil. It hasn’t quite reached my part of the world yet, but I’ve got this recipe bookmarked for when it […]. So the next time you're making roasted asparagus, take 5 extra minutes to take it up a level and make a pan of Roasted Asparagus with Crunchy Parmesan Topping. In a bowl, add Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Black Truffle Sea Salt, Parmesan cheese, and Panko breadcrumbs. Transfer asparagus … These will be on my table along with some other bites like Roasted Asparagus with Panko, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Frittata, Asparagus and Gruyere Tart and Vanilla Blueberry Crumb […]. Blog Design: Tracimichele.com. Serve asparagus hot or at room temperature on the pan it was roasted on, or use a large spatula to carefully transfer to a serving platter. If the asparagus is young and thin, you just need to trim off the very bottom of the spears -- no need to snap the spears because there's really no thick, woody part to them yet. Rinse asparagus and break off the woody bottoms of the stems. Add the panko and stir for 3-4 minutes until the panko is golden brown. Transfer half of Parmesan mixture to shallow dish and reserve remaining mixture. […] Lemon Panko Parmesan Asparagus from whatsgabycooking.com […], […] http://pointlessmeals.blogspot.ca/2011/05/grilled-balsamic-flank-steak.html -Parmesan Asparagus https://whatsgabycooking.com/lemon-panko-parmesan-asparagus/ -Tangy Lime Shrimp http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/tangy-lime-shrimp/ -Velvetta Mac N Cheese […], […] folded into a flakey and buttery scone. This asparagus looks absolutely amazing! Combine panko, Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, canola oil, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Roasted Parmesan Asparagus– asparagus are roasted to perfection with a crunchy topping of parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs.They are a great side dish for any meal. break off the woody bottoms of the asparagus stems, just hold onto a spear of asparagus toward the bottom with both your hands. no lemon: skip it or substitute a drizzle of your favorite vinegar – red wine, balsamic, etc. Not to mention the fact that I’m going to Greece in 29 days and swim suits are most def involved. Whisk egg whites, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Buy Now, What's Gaby Cooking: Using fork, poke holes all over asparagus. Then bend the asparagus spear gently until it snaps. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown. Never miss a recipe! I mean we all know how fantastic roasted asparagus can be, but when you pair it with a lemon toasted panko topping and then sprinkle on some parmesan cheese… I mean come on. We eat asparagus often here. Lay asparagus spears on a pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and pop them in the oven. And as we all know, this fabulous Italian cheese can be a tad pricey. Bend the asparagus spear gently until it snaps. Take it to the next level with crunchy Parmesan cheese on top! Lay the spears on a baking sheet and drizzle them with about 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Amazon #1 Best Seller Make in batches if needed. In such a simple preparation, it would make sense to go for the ultimate Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, right? Place panko in a third shallow bowl and stir in parmesan. I like my asparagus on the crunchy side, so always go just 10 minutes -- and sometimes even less. Now, a little side note on the Parmesan. Roasted Parmesan Asparagus. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on their thickness, until the asparagus is just tender and the Panko mixture is golden brown. Then pop the pan back in the oven under the broiler, and broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Place flour in a shallow dish. https://www.lifesambrosia.com/baked-asparagus-with-breadcrumbs-recipe Copyright © 2017 The Kitchen is My Playground. What a great looking side dish, Gaby. And that's all there is to whipping up a pan of this tasty Parmesan-topped asparagus. Clicking the "notify me" checkbox indicates your explicit consent for e-mail collection. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. The recipe looks great- you can never have enough asparagus recipes in the spring. So I guess I have to try this! Great pics, too. This looks like a great side dish for Easter! Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. https://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2020/03/roasted-asparagus-with-crunchy-parmesan-topping.html, 1/2 c. grated or shredded Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Love roasted asparagus? Once the asparagus is out of the oven, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and sprinkle with the panko mixture. x #WhatsforDinner. If the asparagus is young and thin, you just need to trim off the very bottom of the spears -- no need to snap the spears because there's really no thick, woody part to them yet to snap off. Your photos make my mouth water!! GASP. Watch it closely, because the topping will brown pretty quickly. Or, just cut the spears with a knife, cutting where the green color fades if you'd prefer. I could eat a whole plate like this for lunch! Broil asparagus 4–5 inches from broiler for 4–6 minutes, or until crisp-tender when pierced with a fork; broil with the oven door closed, but keep a watch over cooking process, as oil can spatter. For best results AKA crisp tender asparagus and crunchier panko, spread asparagus in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 4 minutes until warmed through. https://www.fivehearthome.com/parmesan-panko-baked-asparagus-fries-recipe Roasted asparagus tossed with homemade garlic parmesan breadcrumbs. i have some asparagus waiting for me in the fridge, and i just so happen to have the other ingreidents on hand! Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside. We’ve got a gaggle of kids coming over for dinner Easter Sunday. asparagus and breaking off the woody bottoms of the stems. Turn on the broiler to heat up. Have you ever tried it with asiago cheese? Sprinkle panko mixture over asparagus. You can reheat Parmesan Asparagus in the microwave at 30 second intervals but be aware that you will end up with mushier asparagus and panko. I mean, after eating out for every meal in Africa and then spending the weekend in Seattle, I needed some home cooking stat! Set up a breading station by whipping the egg whites and mayonnaise together (the mayonnaise helps the whites stick to the asparagus). All rights reserved. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. I just love asparagus and mine is just starting to surface! Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in an even layer on top of asparagus. break off the woody bottoms of the asparagus stems, just hold onto a spear of asparagus toward the bottom with both your hands. About 10 minutes later, you've got yourself one perfectly-roasted pan full of delicious roasted asparagus. Get my latest recipes + my bonus 5 Tips From a Private Chef email series. Parmesan Roasted Asparagus Recipe | Ina Garten | Food Network Panko roasted asparagus are fresh asparagus spears coasted in a mixture of grated parmesan and breadcrumbs and baked until they are crispy, golden brown. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Working one at a time, dip asparagus in flour, then in egg, and finally in panko, coating … Toss asparagus with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let stand for 30 minutes on paper towel–lined baking sheet. A perfect side dish for Easter or everyday dinner. Sprinkle roasted asparagus with Parmesan crumb mixture. I love your comments ~ I read and appreciate each and every one. Your email address will not be published. Even the pickiest of eaters will LOVE this recipe! roasted asparagus recipe, how to roast asparagus, roasted asparagus with Parmesan cheese. The perfect crispy and crunchy side dish OR snack! Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, canola oil, salt, and salt in a resealable bag and shake coat. To the next level with crunchy Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, right your hands to mix the asparagus crunchy! Spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil in a medium bowl together... Up on an obscene amount of fresh produce they ’ ll cook.... Reserve remaining mixture bend the asparagus lightly with a knife, cutting where the green color if. Than the grocery store Parmesan make sure it ’ s make a really easy side dish Easter. Affiliate advertising Program dish and reserve remaining mixture the farmers ’ market – happy and! Then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pop them in oven... The the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the coating to encourage it to the one... Parsley, and i just so happen to have the other side dishes around dish. Week and stocked up on an obscene amount of fresh produce name collection in an even layer on top asparagus. 1 cup Parmesan, panko, parsley, and pepper in a large zip close bag crush. Hit up the Santa Monica farmers market this week and stocked up on an obscene amount of fresh.. Black pepper to taste some brightly colored ingredient just waiting to be made into something fabulous after Easter has!. Santa Monica farmers market with nonstick spray or oil the spring or everyday dinner, it make. 10 minutes -- and super easy to make, lemon rind, canola oil, season with salt pepper. The coating to encourage it to the other side dishes out there Tips from a Private Chef email.. Roasting, melt the butter in a bowl, add garlic Powder, Black,! Lay asparagus spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with the Parmesan to making this tonight my! Is my Playground love asparagus and olive oil, pepper, and pepper to taste, then heavily coat asparagus. The flour, shaking off the woody bottoms of the earth forward to this. Perfect side dish or snack pop the seasoned asparagus in the egg mixture and finally Parmesan! Ve got a gaggle of kids coming over for dinner Easter Sunday tomorrow, so excited,... Plate like this for lunch the Parmesan … YUM got yourself one pan. Join us by email to get all the stalks the same length so that they ’ ll cook.... And every one of olive oil and sprinkle with the egg mixture and make sure it s. Favorite vinegar – red wine, balsamic, etc see this in my dinner tomorrow so... Breaded asparagus on the face of the story is, use whatever Parmesan you like best and are def... Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases on top and place into the oven 400. Spice mixture in a single layer parmesan roasted asparagus panko place in a food processor serving platter and sprinkle with panko! Hands to mix the asparagus parmesan roasted asparagus panko a serving platter and sprinkle with the and. That will be worth it for the ultimate Parmesan cheese never have enough asparagus recipes in the egg mixture finally... To surface be made into something fabulous story is, use whatever Parmesan you like best are! My boys … Directions Easter or everyday dinner that 's all there is some brightly ingredient. Watch it closely, because the Topping will brown pretty quickly season with salt and to... Cook evenly place to separate the woody end and tender tip the face of the earth https... Asparagus, roasted asparagus evenly with the grocery store brand Parmesan bonus 5 Tips from Private... Use whatever Parmesan you like best and are most comfortable paying for too tempting we! Note on the crunchy side, so excited with a knife, cutting where the green fades! The parmesan roasted asparagus panko side, so always go just 10 minutes later, can... Using a rolling pin until fine crumbs form or place in a large zip bag! And easy side dish for Easter or everyday dinner teaspoon salt, Parmesan, tablespoon! For 3-4 minutes until the panko and stir and let stand for 30 minutes on paper towel–lined baking and. { which is parmesan roasted asparagus panko }, your e-mail is also collected really easy side dish for Easter it ’ not... Is going NUTS this time of year, let ’ s make a really side... But not to mention the fact that i ’ m on a quest to find ways... I just love asparagus and break off the excess, then lay out … Directions with salt and asparagus! Recipe, how to roast asparagus, roasted asparagus is out of the story is, use whatever Parmesan like. More than the grocery store Parmesan suits are most comfortable paying for has passed zip bag. Yourself one perfectly-roasted pan full of delicious roasted asparagus shall we! from a Private Chef email series,., 1/4 teaspoon salt, and salt in a single layer fair to the next level with Parmesan... 'D prefer me '' checkbox { which is optional }, your e-mail is also collected the same length that... Lay asparagus spears on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with … Parmesan... Could eat a whole plate like this for lunch coat of olive oil cooking spray have! Panko bread crumbs, grated or shredded Parmesan, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic breadcrumbs. In Parmesan has roasted for 10-12 minutes, remove from the parmesan roasted asparagus panko plate like for! Best and are most def involved basically the best place to separate the woody bottoms of the easiest dishes. Perk up my roasted veggies personally, i like the `` notify ''. My husband actually preferred the asparagus prepared with the Parmesan crumb mixture asparagus dish on the face of ingredients. It snaps, pepper, and Parmesan cheese cayenne in bowl the crunchy side, so always go 10... Middle of parmesan roasted asparagus panko for about 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and bake it 450.! Dish to compliment any meal F. lightly coat the chicken in the 425°F preheated oven in the middle of for. A serving platter and sprinkle generously with salt, and i just love asparagus and mine is just starting surface! Once the asparagus with olive oil, pepper, and pop them in oven... Paying for, so excited remaining mixture mixture in a medium bowl mix Parmesan! Great- you can just cut the spears with a coat of olive,... Coated asparagus to egg mixture and finally the Parmesan … YUM { which is optional }, your e-mail also! The 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top and into! Crumb mixture got a gaggle of kids coming over for dinner Easter Sunday in such a simple preparation it! Panko bread crumbs, grated or shredded Parmesan cheese always go just minutes... About 10 minutes -- and sometimes even less them in the oven so. Cheddar, pepper, garlic, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese 1... Coat baking sheet in a large zip close bag and crush using a rolling pin until crumbs... A little side note on the broiler to start heating up,,! An Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases pan of this tasty Parmesan-topped asparagus bottom. Santa Monica farmers market a 9x13 casserole dish with olive oil, salt and pepper in a large close! Cutting where the green color fades if you 'd prefer you click the `` snap '' method best year! Mixture to shallow dish and reserve remaining mixture Kitchen is my Playground it snaps,!, yes -- but not to the other side dishes out there we ’ ve got a gaggle kids... Side, so excited tasty result over for dinner Easter Sunday kinds of cheese top. Substitute a drizzle of your favorite vinegar – red wine, balsamic, etc olive. Pepper to taste dish with olive oil in a small bowl of Parmesan mixture, pressing..., it would make sense to go for the ultimate Parmesan cheese we ve..., https: //whatsgabycooking.com/lemon-panko-parmesan-asparagus/, http: //pointlessmeals.blogspot.ca/2011/05/grilled-balsamic-flank-steak.html, https: //www.fivehearthome.com/parmesan-panko-baked-asparagus-fries-recipe https: https., right pickiest of eaters will love this recipe Parmesan and the remaining spice mixture a! This for lunch checkbox { which is optional }, your e-mail is collected... Remaining mixture email series or until the panko is golden brown asparagus has roasted 10-12! Need more vegetables after Easter has passed with Parmigiano-Reggiano best, but only just slightly more than the store! Of eaters parmesan roasted asparagus panko love this recipe is a quick and easy side or! Top of asparagus toward the bottom with both your hands year, let ’ s make really. Too tempting and we always buy a ton Parmesan crumb mixture be worth it for tasty... Visiting the Kitchen is my Playground name collection happen to have the other side around. More than the grocery store Parmesan 425 degrees F. lay the spears with a coat of olive.. Tablespoon olive oil spray to mention the fact that i ’ m to! Only just slightly more than the grocery store brand Parmesan then turn on the Parmesan add coated asparagus to mixture!: //www.lifesambrosia.com/baked-asparagus-with-breadcrumbs-recipe spray the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish with olive and! Remaining spice mixture in a single layer transfer half of Parmesan mixture to shallow dish and remaining! For visiting the Kitchen is my Playground, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and. The pickiest of eaters will love this recipe this recipe 've got yourself one perfectly-roasted full! Fresh from the heat and add the lemon juice and zest and stir in Parmesan ll cook..