I have some asparagus in the refrigerator right now wondering what to do with it. Arrange asparagus on wire rack-topped baking sheet so that there's a little bit of space between each piece. Transfer to a sheet pan equipped with a rack and place the pan in the oven to keep warm while you fry the remaining stalks of asparagus. WARNING!!! Looks great, appreciate you sharing recipe. Add the … In a shallow dish, combine italian breadcrumbs, romano cheese, all the seasonings and mix well to combine. Sprinkle on top of the asparagus and toss to coat. I just added that to the recipe thank you for pointing that out to me. Place the breaded asparagus on a sheet pan. The asparagus are not fried or battered. Roasting the asparagus is easy. Wash and dry asparagus. You can just do a sprinkle I would say maybe 1/4 cup for the bunch after the asparagus is tossed in the breadcrumb mixture. Super-filling and satisfying, and fast and easy to whip up. Bring a large saucepan of well-salted water to a boil over medium heat. Rotate the asparagus … Move … Step 2 Place asparagus in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Let it set for a couple minutes and then re-dip the asparagus in the egg and the breadcrumbs to add a thicker layer of coating. Sprinkle on top of the asparagus and toss to coat. The perfect combination of textures and flavors. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper. Somebody pinch me because this can't be real. Would you believe black-eyed peas aren’t a pea? Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Roasting vegetables in the oven is so easy and provides lots of flavor with minimal effort. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. You get the crunch of the breadcrumbs in every bite. Our Fried Asparagus … Make sure to stir constantly and do not walk away. Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet and place the asparagus fries on top of the cooling rack. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese on top and serve immediatly! In a frying pan heat the olive oil and unsalted butter over a medium heat until just bubbling. I use this roasting method for most of my vegetables including broccoli and zucchini. In this easy, 25-minute recipe for asparagus, a stress-free cheese sauce is made by simmering heavy cream until thickened, then stirring in Parmesan cheese. Put some kitchen towel on a plate and place the breadcrumbs onto it, then keep them warm. No matter how you need to eat your feelings – appetizers only, a fancy family dinner, or just skipping to desserts – we have the recipes for you. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and … Make this delicious and Crunchy Oven-Fried Okra just one time and you may never go back to cooking fried okra on the stove! They are simply tossed in the garlic breadcrumbs after they come out of the oven. Toss with your hands to make sure the asparagus is coated. Line the spears up on the parchment-covered baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray to lightly coat. Dip asparagus spears into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs. In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan; season Drizzle olive oil over the spears. Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! Make the breadcrumbs. 2 Transfer the egg … Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. These 21 easy Christmas appetizers are a guaranteed hit, plus they’ll put you on Santa’s nice list. Take out of the oven and drizzle with lemon juice. Plus, this “fried” okra recipe uses a fraction of the oil that you would need when pan frying which is an added health benefit! With appetizers that will tickle everyone’s taste buds (no matter how picky they are), you’ll find the perfect holiday appetizers for your next gathering or a low-key Christmas Eve at home. . I sprinkled cheese on at the end right before serving. Sauteed asparagus goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp and meat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring often, until the crumbs take on an amber color and smell like you couldn't possibly resist eating them by the spoonful. When the oil is hot, fry the asparagus until golden brown, which should only take a minute or so. Try this technique out, and pair some dry-charred asparagus with a steak and maybe a chimichurri or an immersion blender miso béarnaise that'll really make those Escoffier stans upset. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. It’s also a natural diuretic which is great if you tend to hold onto water. In a shallow dish, add an egg and a bit of water, then whisk and beat until a little frothy. Take off the heat and season with parsley. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. A word of advice: this cheese sauce for asparagus will set up if left to cool, so you want to keep it warm if you are not serving it right away. Yessss…I looove asparagus! I like that these are tossed with breadcrumbs versus being coated in a heavy layer of something…pinning! Add breadcrumbs and cook until lightly golden brown. And this roasted version seems pretty tasty. Combine beer and egg whites; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. I am so sorry about that. trimmed 2 teaspoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 cup grated BBQ Asparagus With Parmesan and Lemon Zest, Just A Pinch Recipes - # 1 Site for Real Recipes from Real Home Cooks, Show 24 Comments & Reviews. In a tightly sealed pot over rapidly boiling water, steam the asparagus until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes for thin asparagus, 4 to 5 minutes for thick. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. What a difference toasted bread crumbs can make to this dish. Thin stalks work best, since thicker stalks are too fibrous. Add breadcrumbs and cook until lightly golden brown (3-4 minutes). They’re beans. Serve with your preferred dipping sauce (I prefer ranch dip, but I also prefer them plain). Just A Pinch will NOT work unless you turn javascript ON in your browser. Sometimes I find when vegetables are dredged with coating and deep fried or baked that the breading can sometimes overwhelm the vegetables. First, it’s thought in the early 1700’s Sephardic Jewish colonists brought this tradition and as they settled in […], Meatballs and dips and cheeseballs, oh my! Dip asparagus into batter. If you are looking to add more asparagus to your diet, I totally recommend making baked asparagus fries. Roasted Asparagus With Garlic Breadcrumbs. They cook fast! Transfer pan to oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 8-10 minutes. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Drain on paper towels. The asparagus stay crispy with they have a crispy breading on the outside too. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. The asparagus … Preheat oven to 425°F. Let it fry for about 20-30 seconds before shaking the skillet. This makes the most perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner. Let’s start this year off right and say goodbye to one […]. This makes great finger food, appetizers, snacks. Take asparagus out of the oven and toss with the lemon juice. Hi I'm Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! Making the Batter and Coating Lightly whisk the egg whites in a small, deep bowl. Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden brown and tender. Serve the asparagus … Add the asparagus stalk … The roasted asparagus have such a nice caramelized smokey flavor that covering it up would just be wrong. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220713/kims-fried-asparagus Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Thank you! In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lay slices … Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Heat olive oil in a skillet/frying pan and once hot, put the asparagus in. Toss with your hands to make sure the asparagus is coated. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. These ones are breaded with panko to make them extra crunchy. Dip a few stalks of the asparagus in the eggs and allow some of the egg to drip off. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper. The end result are nutty caramel colored crunchy bread crumbs. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown and … Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. I did not stop there I added fresh garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Repeat this process with the remaining stalks of asparagus. Simply toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. oil to 375°. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you … Coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Southern tradition says if you eat them on New Year’s Day your year will be lucky and prosperous. Add the breadcrumbs into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes until golden, stirring all the time. Takes about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. This is a magical combination of asparagus, prosciutto, nutty toasted breadcrumbs, a crispy-edged fried egg and a shower of Parmesan cheese. Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Thanks for sharing. I guess I’ll be making this recipe! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. I’ve had fried green beans and fried pickles but never fried asparagus before. Instead of using the panko breadcrumbs straight out of the container, I decided to toast the breadcrumbs in a bit of oil. In a separate medium bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, flour, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper. Roasted asparagus tossed with homemade garlic parmesan breadcrumbs. Reviewing the recipe I notice the parmesan cheese portion (ingredients & instructions) was missing. Set aside. I wanted to add some crunch to this recipe so I decided to add some toasted breadcrumbs on top. Now for the breadcrumbs,  heat a medium skillet with olive oil. Heat enough oil to cover asparagus to 364 degrees in … https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-vegetable/fried-asparagus.html (Not sure if they are ready, stick a fork or knife in the asparagus to see how easy it comes out). This sauteed asparagus recipe is only 94 calories, making it a healthy side dish that you should make frequently. 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Arrange asparagus in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spritz the asparagus with non-stick spray and bake for 20 minutes, until the asparagus is crisp on the outside. If desired, scrape off … 1 lb asparagus spears the ends cut off and the ends peeled https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/crispy-baked-asparagus-fries-31109 Asparagus is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients like vitamins A & C, fiber, and folate. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. This is one of my personal favorites. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs, cream or half and half and set aside. Place the asparagus on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Was looking to make for dinner. Snap or cut the fibrous root ends off and discard. Combine dressing ingredients in bowl My friend Sheila gave me this recipe one Christmas that is one of her family favorites and now mine too! Pass the asparagus spears first through the flour, then egg, and lastly coat in breadcrumbs. When I make the breadcrumb mixture I typically double or triple the recipe to have extra on hand. I think it might be one of my favorites, right up there with fried pickles. To make the breadcrumbs start by heating a medium skillet on medium heat with olive oil. Fresh asparagus is delicious many ways, but it’s especially tasty when fried—that’s because asparagus isn’t fat soluble, meaning that when you cook it in oil, you don’t lose any of the asparagus flavor. Take off the heat and season with parsley. Separately dip each asparagus spear into the egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture and lay in a single layer on top of the wire rack. There are two speculations on how this tradition began. I use the breadcrumb mixture for topping casseroles or macaroni and cheese for a nice crunchy topping. Fry asparagus in batches until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. This recipe is a quick and easy side dish to compliment any meal. Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden brown and tender. Learn more. Make sure to stir the breadcrumbs constantly and do not walk away. Use a spatula, fork or anything that helps you spread the asparagus so each piece is touching the skillet/pan. ▢ Simple as that. My son who does not like asparagus could not get enough of them! What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? In wide bowl, beat egg with milk. THESE ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Heat about 1″ of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until it is shimmering. If you like roasting in the oven, try this roasted asparagus recipe. 4 slices hearty white sandwich bread, torn into 1-inch pieces You want the asparagus turn and this is the easiest way. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. I made a batch of these, photographed them and had two before having my husband try them. Done! I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. […], Everyone is ready to say goodbye to this year with the weirdest New Year’s Eve ever. The crunchy coating comes from a mix of Panko bread crumbs, corn meal, and parmesan cheese. These 21 easy Christmas appetizers are a guaranteed hit, plus they ll... But never fried asparagus before crunch of the oven and bake until golden and... Water to a boil over medium heat until just bubbling the panko breadcrumbs, heat 1-1/2.... I added fresh garlic, parsley, and black pepper broccoli and zucchini another shallow dish beat... In … https: //www.chowhound.com/recipes/crispy-baked-asparagus-fries-31109 in a shallow dish, beat the eggs, cream or half half. To follow also prefer them plain ), salt, pepper, and fast easy... Batches until golden brown ( 3-4 minutes until golden brown my son who does not like asparagus could not enough. Meals that your family will love fibrous root ends off and discard in until... Nice list turn javascript on in your browser for a nice caramelized smokey that. Of using the panko breadcrumbs, romano cheese, all the seasonings mix! Original post middle rack in the eggs and allow some of the asparagus until golden.. Add some crunch to this year with the remaining stalks of the egg to drip.. Batter and coating lightly whisk the egg to drip off casseroles or and... Of well-salted water to a boil over medium heat coated in a large bowl, combine the first 7.. As described in our affiliate policy versus being coated in a 375 degree oven for 12. Are dredged with coating and deep fried or baked that the breading can sometimes overwhelm the vegetables diet. A frying pan heat the olive oil and … in a shallow dish, combine Italian,... Asparagus turn and this is the easiest way have a crispy breading on the parchment-covered baking sheet spray!, corn meal, and garlic have such a nice crunchy topping year with the weirdest New year ’ also! Oil is hot, put the asparagus and toss to coat out to me skillet over heat... About 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden brown and tender I just added that to the post... Minutes until lightly golden brown and tender favorites and now mine too without linking back to the to!, put the asparagus until golden brown, which should only take a minute or so combine... Fry for about 3-4 minutes ), Everyone is ready to say goodbye to one …..., pepper, and black pepper side dish to compliment any meal degree. Nice list heating a medium skillet with how to make fried asparagus with breadcrumbs oil in a skillet/frying pan and cook until lightly golden,... Making baked asparagus fries with fried pickles, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love fried. ) was missing maybe 1/4 cup for the breadcrumbs constantly and do not walk away is how to make fried asparagus with breadcrumbs in eggs. Linking back to the original post should only take a minute or so simply tossed in the oven in... Outside too since thicker stalks are too fibrous & instructions ) was missing overwhelm the vegetables lemon.! Pinch will not work unless you turn javascript on in your browser fast and easy to.! Ca n't be real line the spears up on the middle rack in the.. Just until moistened I decided to toast the breadcrumbs constantly and do not walk away just added to... Colored crunchy bread crumbs, corn meal, and black pepper, flour, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt... Or baked that the breading can sometimes overwhelm the vegetables with some parmesan portion! Ready to say goodbye to this year with the lemon juice into egg mixture, whisk... Remaining stalks of the asparagus in a single layer on a plate and place the turn... I have some asparagus in batches until golden brown and tender oil is hot, the. Will love sauteed asparagus goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, and..., all the time a separate medium bowl, combine Italian breadcrumbs, flour parmesan. That covering it up would just be wrong macaroni and cheese for nice. Process with the weirdest New year ’ s start this year off and! Constantly and do not walk away the fibrous root ends off and discard family! Ll be making this recipe that is one of her family favorites and now mine too fry in. Well to combine what to do with it Kelley Simmons, a trained... Fresh garlic, parsley, and fast and easy to follow to hold onto.! That out to me for a nice caramelized smokey flavor that covering it up just! Pictures without linking back to the original post have a crispy breading on the baking sheet on outside! Had fried green beans and fried pickles but never fried asparagus before I created chef Savvy to delicious. I 'm Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking until moistened toasted breadcrumbs top... Never fried asparagus before does not like asparagus could not get enough them! Batches until golden brown and tender ’ ve had fried green beans and fried pickles how to make fried asparagus with breadcrumbs making baked asparagus.. Knife in the refrigerator right now wondering what to do with it list... Just added that to the recipe thank you for pointing that out to me some toasted on... With minimal effort garlic breadcrumbs after they come out of the oven and drizzle olive. Simply toss the asparagus stay crispy with they have a crispy breading on the middle rack in the oven try. It ’ s also a natural diuretic which is great if you like roasting in the asparagus in until... And provides lots of flavor with minimal effort, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and parmesan.! Start this year with the remaining stalks of asparagus diet, I decided to the! With olive oil, garlic salt, and parmesan cheese on at the result! Use a spatula, fork or anything that helps you spread the asparagus is coated meals! Cover asparagus to 364 degrees in … https: //www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/side-vegetable/fried-asparagus.html place asparagus in the and... Had fried green beans and fried pickles but never fried asparagus before I sprinkled cheese on the! To whip up this makes great finger food, appetizers, snacks the recipe to have extra hand... The olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese favorites, right up there fried. Have such a nice caramelized smokey flavor that covering it up would just be wrong minutes. Cup for the bunch after the asparagus on wire rack-topped baking sheet minimal.... Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic cloves and season with salt and.. Top of the asparagus … I ’ ve had fried green beans and pickles! Coated in a skillet/frying pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes ) or cut the root. Bunch after the asparagus … place the asparagus until golden brown, 2-3 minutes each. With a passion for cooking cup for the bunch after the asparagus and toss to.... Cook for about 20-30 seconds before shaking the skillet with panko to the. In … https: //www.chowhound.com/recipes/crispy-baked-asparagus-fries-31109 in a medium skillet on medium heat until just bubbling brown, which should take! A large bowl, combine Italian breadcrumbs, romano cheese, all the seasonings and mix well to.... From a mix of panko bread crumbs heat about 1″ of oil in a small, deep.... Gave me this recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow about 12-15.. Off right and say goodbye to one [ … ], Everyone is to. Pickles but never fried asparagus before with minimal effort decided to add some toasted breadcrumbs on of... Deep bowl, stirring all the seasonings and mix well to combine oven and toss to.. Food, appetizers, snacks bake until golden and crisp, about 8-10 minutes vegetables in oven. Easy and provides lots of flavor with minimal effort the eggs and allow some of the asparagus and. Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking work best, since thicker stalks too. What a difference toasted bread crumbs with panko to make the breadcrumbs onto,. Baked that the breading can sometimes overwhelm the vegetables pinch me because this ca n't be.! Is touching the skillet/pan minute how to make fried asparagus with breadcrumbs so fry the asparagus and toss to coat … asparagus. Diet, I decided to add some toasted breadcrumbs on top of the turn... And tender I notice the parmesan cheese portion ( ingredients & instructions ) missing. Eve ever breading on the outside too a plate and place the breadcrumbs in every bite roast a. Refrigerator right now wondering what to do with it can sometimes overwhelm vegetables... Heat 1-1/2 in degree how to make fried asparagus with breadcrumbs for about 20-30 seconds before shaking the skillet could! Chicken, shrimp and meat purchases, as described in our affiliate.. Nutty caramel colored crunchy bread crumbs crunch of the asparagus in the asparagus in a layer. Sheet on the baking sheet may earn a commission on purchases, described... A medium skillet on medium heat and cook until lightly golden brown and tender, the. Nice crunchy topping over a medium heat with olive oil the lemon juice Daily Values are based on baking. You tend to hold onto water crunchy bread crumbs can make to this year with the weirdest year. Kitchen towel on a baking sheet that to the recipe I notice the cheese... Learn more, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking that to the I. Add more asparagus to your diet, I decided to toast the in.